"V" - the new 2009 tv series...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Buzz, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I am soooo looking forward to this but I am not quite sure about the choice of Scott Wolf to play the part of the reporter. The part was originally played by Marc Singer who could not be more different. Actually I probably would still prefer to see him in the role rather than Wolf, even though Singer is now 61. :lol: The new invasion starts this tuesday and I hope it sticks around for a while. I am getting tired of all these sci-fi shows being cancelled after the first season. hehehehe

2. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Th SyFy station (I hate that they changed the spelling - too cutsey) is replaying the original V miniseries this weekend. I'm taping it for nostalgic purposes before I strap in for this new version! :)

3. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I wish I had the SyFy station because I would totally be watching that original series! I am really looking forward to this new show and hope it doesn't suck...

4. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

When was the original miniseries aired?

5. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

6. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

That's probably why I don't remember it. I didn't have much time for TV back then :lol:. I think the promos look interesting, hope the show lives up to them.

7. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed

I have my KKPsi meetings Tuesdays at 7:30. Is this going to show online anywhere? I have to stay loyal to my Firefly ex-cast members, especially since Morena has such a great role!

8. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

ABC usually has their programs available for viewing on their website so I would check there first. It wouldn't surprise me to see it on Hulu or something like that pretty quickly too. :)

I cannot WAIT for this show! :D I've been anxious to see it ever since the promos started leaking out earlier this summer and I can't believe the premiere is coming up in just a few days. I'm more than ready for it! :biggrinbo

BTW-What time is the original series airing on SyFy today? I might have to check that out tonight, not that I need to get hyped up any more for this show, LOL :lol:

You can watch the first eight minutes of V on this website

9. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I saw an extended premiere (I think the one HeatherC just linked to) a few days ago and it looks AWESOME! Can't wait!!!

Buzz, Marc Singer was the face of the original, but I'm trying to let go of comparisons. I like Scott Wolf well enough, but for me Elizabeth Mitchell will be more of the center of the new series. And I LOVE Morena Baccarin as Anna (named Diana in the original).

And I'm sure ABC will offer the most recent 5 eps on hulu, so anyone who misses can catch up.

HeatherC and (deleted member) like this.
  10. The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot Demon Barber

Starts tomorrow (Sunday) at 12:30 and marathons to the premiere. So mainly Monday. Bah.

11. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I saw the original too. What memories! I was only a little girl, but I remember so many of the characters,the revelations etc.. I have the book too. I might re-read it.

12. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

I am hoping that the series hits the right balance between big special effects and a good story line with lots of character building

13. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Just saw an ad and it starting here on Thursday.

I remember the original series. I guess the special effects (lizard humans etc) are going to be more realistic. :scream:

14. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

I loved the original series! Here's hoping this one lives up to the first.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  15. missflick

missflick New Member

I thought the original was stupid. I hated it. On the bright side, it had Robert Englund, who was the best part of that series. (And we all know how his career turned out afterwards).

Here is hoping the remake is better.

16. Bandana

Bandana Banned Member

Hello? Jane Badler as DIANA, the hottest villain evah. I loved V, I had the entire series on vhs which I diligently recorded every week.

Marc Singer is a hottie, he should still come back.

I loved the early 80s tv shows.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  17. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

80s big hair!! Sigh. I was certain we'd have shuttles to fly around like those by now.

18. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize SyFy was going to show the original series and I would have missed it.

19. HeatherC

I've been watching the original off and on today and it's so awesomely cheesy! I don't remember all the details from the originals but I'm still enjoying this little trip down memory lane. :D I love having another chance to see it and I'm SO excited for the new show. Just a few days away now!! :biggrinbo

20. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I caught some of it on SyFy just now. It seems kind of cool keeping in mind that this was filmed in the 80's. I hope the series can live up to the original!

21. HeatherC

It starts tonight! I am SOOOO excited!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I am gonna make sure I have an ample supply of popcorn!!!! :D

23. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Mitchell freaks of the world unite!

24. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to tonight, already set it to record...

25. genevieve

grrr, I just realized that SYTYCD is on tonight as well, so I'm gonna have to catch this later on hulu. I can't wait to see it though!!

26. Orable

Orable Well-Known Member

SYTYCD is on tonight?? Did it change completely from Wednesdays?

27. genevieve

It seems to change every week with this season :wall:

28. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

V is back ?
    I was so afraid of the original when I was young ! lol

29. Orable

Orable Well-Known Member

No wonder I missed it last week! WTF, don't they want people to watch the show? I'm too busy (today at home sick, so, um except today) to be following it's changing schedule. Haterz.

30. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

World Series last week and this ... FOX has had the contract from the past few years. Game 1 was last Wednesday night, Game 6 will be this Wednesday. If there needs to be a Game 7, that will be Thursday .... and then it will be over for another year. Ratings have been up quite a bit after 4-5 years of decline, so I guess FOX is happy.