US Team Envelope Assignments 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by babbyrabbit, Apr 18, 2010.

1. babbyrabbit

babbyrabbit Active Member

When do they make the announcements for the 2010-2011 Team Envelopes?

I am more curious as for who will be on team c's since we can pretty much figure in the other slots :)

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

3. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

In previous years the team envelopes came out in late April or early May, so in a week or so I would guess. I'm interested to see the international assignments, though I suppose those don't come out until later.

4. pinky166

5. Sylvia

Not necessarily true... we'll have to wait until all the envelopes are officially published on the USFS site.

ETA: Any skater or team not in Teams A-C that receives an international assignment is automatically placed into the Reserve envelope (considered part of Team USA) and they will receive funding if they medal.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  6. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

7. pinky166

Oh so she could get placed in the Reserve Team (likely she will...she did better at nationals than Alissa and Caroline and did pretty well at TEB) and could still get GP or Senior B assignments?

8. Sylvia

I've quoted sammyf's post above and started a separate thread in GSD on the 2010-11 Canadian national team -- link is: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73213

The team envelopes (A, B, C) are about funding levels and are not directly tied into the type or number of international assignments a skater receives.

The published criteria for Envelopes A-C is very straightforward, but scroll down for more info on the Reserve Envelope and "Additional Considerations": 2010-11 Team Envvelope Criteria.

9. Sylvia

Team envelopes A, B and C have been announced -- link to today's press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=44590&type=media
    Castile/Okolski and Navarro/Bommentre are not listed in Team B - Tier One (the envelope they qualified for) so they must have officially notified USFS that they are retiring/not competing in 2010-11. Ditto for Bebe Liang, who is not listed in Team C - Tier One.

ETA: Glad to see Alexe Gilles was placed in Team C - Tier One. :)

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  10. Winnipeg

Winnipeg Well-Known Member

11. Sylvia

12. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

:(

Interesting that B/A are still listed - I guess they just haven't notified USFS yet - from their interviews, retirement sounds like a done deal.

Ryan Bradley and I/B are still listed, too. It sounds like Ryan is still undecided, but I wasn't expecting I/B to still compete next year (please say it ain't so!). :scream:

13. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that Tanith and Ben did not officially notify USFSA that they are retiring.

14. apollo13

apollo13 Member

Likewise, Inoue/Baldwin and Sasha Cohen are in the "B" envelope.

15. pagsasham

pagsasham New Member

Sasha is still thinking about competing.

16. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Mirai was 4th at Olympics and still not in the highest tier? Sheesh. Weird rules. I/B- you gotta be kidding me, after his comments at Nationals, USFS should just ban his cranky a$$

17. sk9tingfan

It appears to a certain extent that these envelopes have been fashioned to reflect the relative accomplishments of certain skaters and not others :p

18. pinky166

Not really - there are specific criteria that have to be met to receive certain levels of funding. 4th at the Olympics is awesome but it's not a medal and thus Mirai stays in Team A tier 2

19. Tammi

Tammi Merlot lover

This press release summarizes retirements, splits and coaching changes during the off season, http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=44593&type=media . :fragile: over the split of Tracy Tanovich & Michael Chau.

20. query5

query5 New Member

on the usfsa website-they have a write up about who is retiring/changing coaches and dissolving partnerships.
    that might have clear up some questions regarding assignments and such.

21. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

Yuka and Alissa :)

22. sk9tingfan

Really sad to see that Tracy and Michael split up, but we knew that that was coming; it was just a matter of time. We'll see how Yuka will do with Alissa, but I can't imagine that she will be able to crack that nut.

Most interesting of all is the fact that Leah Keiser, the reigning US Novice Champion who is only twelve and won't be 13 until mid-September is switching to Frank Carroll. This young lady has oodles of potential and is really a sweet kid. :) I can't wait to see how she does this year.

23. fan

fan Active Member

why?

24. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Surely, that must be a typo in the release where it says Becky Bereswill is skating with Fedor Andreev. Isn't she skating with Trevor Young? Fedor's a little busy with the La Khok drama. :lol:

25. sk9tingfan

Because Michael is only about 5'4" and Tracy was beginning to outgrow him. It was only a matter of time before she did so. The next question is, who will be her new partner?

26. Debbie S

Sad, but not surprising. I wonder if Michael will seek a new partner or just pursue singles.

It will be interesting to see what Yuka can do with Alissa. I hope Alissa has a good season.

Frank Carroll is getting busy. :)

I interpreted that to mean that Fedor was coaching her. I guess he's a multi-tasker? ;) But yeah, I was under the impression she was skating pairs with Trevor....but maybe not. :confused:

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  27. Tammi

Tammi Merlot lover

Hmm, it's listed under the coaching changes and doesn't mention that she's now skating pairs. Does Fedor coach (in between the reported drama in his life ;) )?

28. Sylvia

AFAIK, Bereswill is planning to continue in singles (she will be starting college at the University of Michigan this summer). I don't believe she has officially announced a new partnership (yet).

29. Debbie S

Oh, OK, thanks. Does anyone know if Trevor has found a new partner? From his Twitter, it sounds like he's training again.

30. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. When I saw Johnny Johns, I just assumed pairs, which I guess sounds like it could still be a possibility. :)