US Pairs 2013 News and Updates Part II

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by ~tapdancer~, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesy

jamesy of the United States of America

but if the ladies had earned 2 spots we wouldn't have been able to mock that situation :saint:

2. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

So, Marissa & Simon drew to skate in the final SP group at Worlds, they take the ice right after Savchenko/Szolkowy. Great draw, let's hope they skate well!!

On a gossipy note, it's been reported in the Canadian pairs thread that Purich/Tran have split . . . I have to admit, I wish we could somehow lure Tran to the U.S.! I imagine he wouldn't want to deal with another citizenship mess, and I can't blame him. But wouldn't a tryout between him & Mary Beth Marley, for example, be interesting??

3. yfbg722

yfbg722 Active Member

Nice to be in the final group, but I'm not sure I'd want to skate after the Germans if I were them. That's a lot of pressure!

Hands off Tran - you send your good American girl to us! We don't make it too hard to sort citizenship out here - Weaver and Gilles both managed ;)

4. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Mervin Tran and Robin Szolkowy have similar body types. Let me know if Tran tweets from Chemnitz, or Aliona from Montreal. :lol:

5. clairecloutier

Yes, but it's better than skating first in the entire event, which they got stuck with last year! Much better!

It's hard to resist the temptingness of Tran :), but I think you'll get your wish, I doubt he'd want to deal with U.S. citizenship issues.

6. clairecloutier

Eeee, could it be possible? 7-year age gap between them . . . would either of them care?

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

8. Sylvia

Kaitlin Budd (age 17) and Nikita Cheban (21) are listed on Icepartnersearch. They were 8th in Junior at Nationals and 9th at Junior Worlds. He has aged out of ISU Junior events.

ETA:
    I missed listing Madeleine Gallagher (turns 16 in April) in my earlier splits/IPS post #902. She was 6th in Novice at 2014 Nationals with her partner of 5 years, J. Horton, who has retired. They were the U.S. Intermediate champs in 2012.

ETA #2: Castelli/Shnapir have been invited to skate in the Worlds gala exhibition on Sunday in Japan.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  9. lauren329

lauren329 Active Member

Good. I'm glad they will end Worlds on a nice note with their fabulous Royals in front on a Japan audience who already knows how great they actually are from their many NHK appearances. Their awesome season deserves a happier ending than the one they got in the free skate.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

That's nice. :)

11. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Deleted

12. Sylvia

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  13. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

I was right, unfortunately, about Donlan & Speroff. :( Reading between the lines all those articles was a big sad clue. *tears*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.