US Pairs 2012-13 news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

D/C are still dating AFAIK?

2. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

4. Sylvia

Press release on Scimeca/Knierim's WD due to her injury: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48972&type=media

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  5. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

The bad luck of US pairs continues. Hopefully Alexa's injury isn't too severe.

6. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Lots of :wuzrobbed for Scimeca/Knierim and Davis/Ladwig. I hope D/L can both find great situations, whatever the next step brings.

7. elka_sk8

elka_sk8 Well-Known Member

:( Bummer for both teams.

How tall is Davis? She's a good jumper. Wonder if she and Rockne will try out. ;)

8. Sylvia

9. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

I wonder does this mean that Donlan/ Speroff will take their place as 2nd alternates at 4CCs (since 1st alternates, Davis/ Ladwig, have split), or will it be Denney/ Frazier, or is it too late for any of the alternates to get there?

10. Sylvia

^^^ No, it's too late. Scimeca/Knierim were removed from the SP starting order today (the pairs event starts in a few hours in Japan) - no replacements are allowed after the starting order has been drawn.

11. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Sorry for her injury, but no replacement, too late?

12. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

I just read about this over at IN a little while ago, and extend my condolences here as well to Alexa. Here's hoping she recovers 100% so that she & her partner will rock next season! :cool:

Ah, so D/S were the alternates, was wondering which American pair was. Imho they need rest and lots of practice together because this season was absolutey horrible. :( On the (+) side they have plenty of time off to get their act together and come back fighting next season! :)^)

I also read the Rockne Brubaker article on IN, and wish him the best in his partner search. He came across a bit sad when recounting his partner history, wanting pair longevity, but thus far it has passed him by. :( Also interesting to note was Tai Babiloniai's opinion that Lindsay Davis most likely was going to pair up with Rockne....hmmm........ Btw, I loved her and Ladwig's Nationals Exhibition performance!

Finally, here's wishing John Coughlin & Caydee Denny all the best at Worlds!!!!! :)^)

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I think Scimeca/Knierim have the goods to emerge as the top US teams in the next one or two seasons if everything goes well for them and there are no injuries.

14. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the extent of Alexa's injury. ie - Are they out of the running for 1st alternate / substitute for D/C at Worlds (should D/C not be ready) ??

Thanks for your Eastern Euro-opinion on our pairs field ... :)

15. Sylvia

It's too early to know - the USFS press release stated that Scimeca "will undergo a full evaluation upon her return to Colorado Springs, Colo., where the team trains."

On a positive note, John Coughlin is practicing triple toes, according to his tweet yesterday. Also, Zhang/Bartholomay, the 2nd alternate for Worlds, attained the SP minimum TES needed for Worlds in their 4CC SP (they already had the FS min. from the Salt Lake Sr. B last September), so good for them!

16. olympic

Yeah. I saw you posted her tweet in the S/K cheer thread that she wants to go back to training ASAP. Hopefully, it's not too serious. I'm starting to uber them, so this is a lesson to me to cool it.

It's also great to hear that John is back to the 3T, and encouraging that Z/B have the minimum score for Worlds. Best of luck to all of them.

17. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

To the poster that said D/C broke up their dating relationship, I can confirm that isn't true...

18. Sunshine2

Sunshine2 New Member

Junior pairs Caitlin Fields and Jason Pacin spilt up she is on IPS they came is 7th this year at nationals and 2nd in novice last year they were really good together

19. Sylvia

From Golden Skate's Pairs FS recap article: http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/02/duhamel-and-radford-seize-gold-at-2013-four-continents/

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  20. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

21. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

If you clearly name the source and show that you are quoting, it's not plagiarism. I think you are thinking of copyright law.

ETA not that there is any violation of copyright here either. All there is is someone doing us a favor and then getting hassled for it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  22. Subway

Subway New Member

It's only going to be plagarism if you pretend you wrote it.

23. olympic

Bump

Any word on what's going on with D/C? Meaning, will there be a test skate or something to determine if they are healthy enough and ready to represent the US at Worlds? Worlds is like in 3 weeks ...

Also, was it ever determined if S/K are OK to skate should D/C not make it? Alexa had an injury she didn't want to push through at 4CC's, but it didn't sound too serious ...

24. Sylvia

The deadline for official entries for Worlds is tonight (February 17, 2013 – 20:00 hrs, local time London, ON) so I would expect an official announcement to be made soon.

ETA:
    @TarahKayne recently tweeted this photo of herself wearing her first Team USA jacket ahead of her international debut with Danny O'Shea in The Hague, Netherlands next week:
    "wouldn't want to get cold at #challengecup2013 now ill be warm & proud! @USFigureSkating @doshea213 :)" http://pic.twitter.com/BRzleUHp
    The other 2 U.S. Senior pairs competing are Kiri Baga/Taylor Toth and DeeDee Leng/Timothy LeDuc. Toth is the only of the 6 to have competed previously as a senior internationally.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  25. Tammi

Tammi Merlot lover

I love how excited the skaters get when they earn their first Team USA jacket.

Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  26. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

USFS will likely name Denney/Coughlin and Castelli / Shnapir, with Sciemeca / Knierim and Zhang / Bartholomay as substitutes. That should cover any contingencies.

27. olympic

That's true. It gives both D/C and S/K leeway.

Another question - After they are officially entered, what is the deadline as to when a substitute team can actually step on the ice as a replacement?

28. carriecmu0503

carriecmu0503 Member

Up until the draw for short program start order. After that, no changes allowed.

29. olympic

Wow. That's on the eve of the actual competition.

Since Worlds is in Canada, and due to the status of D/C, it would probably be wise to have S/K or Z/B (if Alexa's injury is something more serious) physically in London, Ontario in case team D/C discovers something is wrong during practices. This would be similar to a Michelle Kwan - Emily Hughes situation from Torino in '06.

30. Sylvia

Denney/Coughlin will not be going to Worlds - press release should be forthcoming.

ETA - make that an article: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130214&content_id=41632804&vkey=ice_news

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.