US Pairs 2012-13 news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Then there's the fact that she already has a partner.

2. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

A partner who has been injured with a "rib injury". Is Joshua back on the ice or can Rockne practice with Caitlin in the mean time in Canton? :wall:(Caitlin is 5'3" and Rockne is more or less 5'9"..so no, that is not an ideal match)

3. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

The news was when Brubaker was doing the Ice Desk thing, and they were covering S.T.A.R.S. Challenge, the fitness assessment program USFSA has started
    http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=48

Vincent Zhou had had the highest assessment, and was being interviewed about the program. Somehow, Rockne ended up in a pushups contest with Vincent. Rockne bailed after 10 pushups-and he was definitely struggling a bit, though I think he could have gone further, if he had really tried--but bottom line is, I suspect the boy needs to go back to the gym before he goes back to skating pairs.

4. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

WHAT? 10? Only 10? Now, I can't do a single push up, but my out of shape (formerly Air Force) husband can still hit 60 (with struggle in the last 10). You would think a top pairs skater would have way better upper body strength. And Vincent Zhou is tiny- I wouldn't think he would have excellent pushup ability, though I bet his agility helped with his STARS score. Go Vincent!

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

How do we know that Rockne didn't let young Vincent Zhou win? ;)

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Skittl1321

I'd let him win closer to 50 or 100... DORISPULASKI said Rockne bailed at 10 and he was 'struggling', so unless it is reported that Zhou was struggling at that point, it doesn't seem like a let him win.

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

^^^ I watched that segment and it's possible Rockne was faking "struggling." :)

As long as Davis/Ladwig stay listed as first alternates to 4CC and third alternates for Worlds, they are not considered "officially split," from what I understand.

8. Skittl1321

I sure hope so, because 10 in pathetic! Do hope he finds a partner and he returns with superior upper body strength intact.

9. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

:) I, too, thought his pushups looked weak in that video. I thought he did a few more than 10, but they looked somewhat strained. Kind of weird, even if he was letting Vincent win.

10. micronrd

micronrd New Member

!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  11. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

:wuzrobbed: :wuzrobbed Middleton/Hennings had such possibilities :wuzrobbed

Just go ahead and stick a fork in my heart and tell me Divette and Utah are breaking up. :drama:

12. jdonavan

jdonavan Member

Agreed^^ I really thought that team had huge potential!! :confused:

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

No don't even think this. :fragile:

14. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I know! :fragile:

Really sad to hear about this breakup!

15. Sunshine2

Sunshine2 New Member

I heard that Elise might have a tryout in California LA

16. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmm

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

I forgot to mention earlier that Colin Grafton is still listed on IPS but hasn't updated his profile since November 2012 so I don't know if he is currently looking.

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

19. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Elise is certainly a lovely skater with gorgeous lines, and seemingly mature artistically for her age. How tall is she, btw?

20. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

21. Sunshine2

Sunshine2 New Member

I think Elise needs a stronger and taller partner and also a guy that can jump and won't drop her like what happen in practice and in the program I heard that she got dropped doing a lift on ice over summer and broke her front teeth

22. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ It was my observation as well that Elise (although she and Hennings looked good together) appears to need a taller and a stronger partner, and also someone who might better match her graceful lines and maturity. Hennings looks to be a very good skater, and I'm sure that if he's still interested in skating he will improve with more maturity, dedication, and strength training.

23. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Tarah Kayne/Daniel O'Shea (7th at Nationals) and Kiri Baga/Taylor Toth (8th) are on the entry list for the Challenge Cup in The Hague, Netherlands (Feb. 21-24) - see event thread started in the Kiss and Cry forum. DeeDee Leng/Timothy LeDuc (9th) are listed as substitutes. Good to see 2 of these new pairs getting a chance to compete internationally so soon after Nationals! This will be the international debut for Kayne, and also for O'Shea at the senior level (he previously competed at one JGP in singles).

24. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I really do hope that Leng and LeDuc get an international in the fall, if not sooner. Once she has built up stamina, I think that this team could be as good as Ina/Zimmerman. They have a similar 'feel' to them in my opinion. Talk about a huge transition-- DeeDee was so unpolished when she won juniors, and now to see the beautiful well-packaged pairs lady that she has become-- nothing short of miraculous!

25. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Totally agree. They have an insane amount of potential. And they can jump!

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I am very excited about Leng/Le Duc and quite a few other pairs! I'm very excited to see how K/O and B/T fare at their first international.

:cheer2: US Pairs!!

27. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

I love that the USFS is giving some of these kids an opportunity so soon after nationals as well. So many new young teams with potential at Nationals this season, lets hope this support from the fed and getting some international events helps motivate them to stay together. :lol:

28. Sunshine2

Sunshine2 New Member

I think there are some good boys in California that have done pairs before that Elise could partner up with there was one boy on IPS from Los Angeles California but I don't know what happened to him he is not on IPS anymore.

29. hoptoad

hoptoad Well-Known Member

Good point!

30. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I really hope that Davis/Ladwig splitting isn't true. I thought they have really improved and done well at Nationals for a team who've been skating such a short time together. :(

They have known each other for years so they talk when they meet at various skating events. What is there to discuss?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.