US Nat'ls: skaters might choose pre-skate music (your choices for fav skaters?)

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Rochelle, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

http://twitter.com/#!/PiperGilles
    PiperGilles tweet: "I just heard that at usa nationals you can pick what music you want to be played before you compete. I think we should do that too #WhoaisMe"

Anyone else hear news of this?

It sounds like at 2012 US Nationals, the skaters have a chance to choose what music is played before they compete. I'm guessing that's the song that's played as the skater-before-them is in the kiss/cry awaiting their marks.

If it's true, it's kinda nice for the skaters to get to supply their own-pre-skate pump-up song. I'm assuming it wouldn't be like boxing / other fighting sports where they play 20+ seconds of music as you enter the arena -- but instead just the song played in the arena (to help fill the silence) as the skaters await their scores at the kiss/cry. Right?

What theme-song / pump-up song would you choose for your favorite skaters?

Given how many tweens and early teens are competing, I'm just hoping that there isn't too much Kei$ha, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, etc. :scream: Otherwise, this could be a fun touch to the competition for both fans and skaters.

2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I think I'd play the Sherlock Holmes soundtrack for Ricky, just for old times' sake. :D

3. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think it would be fun to pick something really really random. Because the TV will focus on the kiss and cry skater, not the warming up one- and people watching will think it is THEIR music.

/but I have a weird sense of humor like that...

4. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

5. UDelpairs2012

UDelpairs2012 New Member

It would kind of mean but strategic to play something really sad and depressing while the judges were finishing up their GOE's for the last skater....buttttttt im just saying

6. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I would want blitzkrieg bop by the ramones.

7. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Winner by Justin Timberlake and... i forget who else.

We are the champions? :D

Remember the Name - Fort Minor

All I do is win!

Top of the world - Cataracs

hmmmm... these all sounds fitting :p