US Nationals Exhibition Saturday 2/5 on NBC

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Sylvia, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Check your local NBC listings -- it's scheduled to be broadcast TODAY from 2:30 - 4:30 pm Eastern time.

2. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

:cheer: :cheer2: Can't wait! (Even if I will be trying to watch basketball at the same time).

3. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

4. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

I have to say, I am not to found of Rachel's pink dress.

5. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

6. Theatregirl1122

I don't love it either. But it is an exhibition and she looks like she's having fun.

7. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I've seen a dress pretty close to that one on some other unfortunate skater. It wasn't pretty then either.

8. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Wish rachael had used the original EJohn performance for her music.

Like her skating so much more in this non-competitive environment. She was light and relaxed. Nice performance.

9. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I've been sick as a dog all week but I'm happy I have the exhibition to watch on TV today while I bum around the house. I enjoyed the entire program when I was in Greensboro and I hope they don't chack too many performances. :)

BTW-Rachael skated in the second half of the exhibition this past weekend so this broadcast is probably going to be way out of order. :eek:

10. Theatregirl1122

Yeah, it seems like it.

ROCKNE AND MARY BETH! I did not expect we'd get to see them.

I just realized when they said that Meryl and Charlie won their third in a row that they were the only National champions from last year to retain their title.

11. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Big white panties are NEVER a good look. That's all I'm sayin'.

12. Matryeshka

I don't know if I'll ever really get into/enjoy Rachael's skating in the same way I do Mirai or Alissa or Carolina Kostner, but I do really admire her. She seems to be taking criticism of her skating seriously--her SP didn't work. She changed it. A lot of us complained about her looks, she changed them. She's worked on her basic skating skills and while they're not now (and probably never will be) up to the best in the world, they're much better than they were at the start of this season, not to mention last year.

She works her ass off and gets the job done. Much as we complain about her, she consistently makes the GPF and the top ten at Worlds. That's a lot better record than skaters that are far superior to her have. There's something almost more impressive about someone that works hard and does well than someone who's naturally talented.

Wiery and (deleted member) like this.
  13. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

Awwww Rockne and Mary are on, they are adorable, I am so glad they stood on the podium, they are going to be successful, she maybe tiny but she packs a punch.

14. HeatherC

I'm glad they're showing MaryBeth and Rockne! I missed the first few performances because I was helping Amanda & Mark with an autograph session before the exhibition started and they were part of that. Fun program although it does look like they probably had to throw something together pretty fast after they ended up fourth, LOL :lol:

15. Theatregirl1122

WOW! Agnes looks SO different in something other than her ugly competition dresses.

16. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I like Agnes's music selection and the straightened ponytail she's sporting.

17. FSfan107

FSfan107 Well-Known Member

This dress really flatters Agnes. I'm really enjoying her performance too.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Matryeshka

I don't know if it says something bad about the state of US pairs that a skater that's only 15 and has only been skating a few months came in fourth, or if it shows what a truly :kickass: skater Mary Beth is/:kickass: partner Rockne is.

I almost didn't recognize Agnes without all the whicketywhack. But then I noticed the missing piece of her costume and knew yes, indeed, it is her.

19. Theatregirl1122

I feel like this music is too fast for Agnes. She feels like she's crawling to me. But she does look amazing. Serious proof that she needs a looks intervention for competition.

20. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Never like how Tom's skaters were packaged. Wrong colors and too much be-dazzler. Agnes looks so much better. Betcha she picked out the dress.

21. Theatregirl1122

I really wish that this were their FD. It's so much nicer than Cabaret.

22. Matryeshka

ITA with y'all about the ponytail being flattering and fabulous, but I really didn't like her dress at all. I thought, like the music, it was a little too mature for her.

The queen of the ponytail is still Ashley Wagner, who understood that when you put your hair in a ponytail for dress-up, you straighten it so it's flat and even at the top and you don't need ten thousand barettes, and THEN you curl the tail once it's perfectly in place.

I'm distracted by the hearts on Madison's skates. I feel like they're both skating separate programs and just sort of occasionally posing around each other. Did they use the music box version of R&J?

23. HeatherC

I also liked Madison & Greg's exhibition program better than their FD. That was beautiful in person and it was beautiful on TV too. :D

BTW-Agnes was much faster in real life than she looked on TV. I loved her program because it allowed her to have some fun. :)

24. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

I love that they are showing Nathan again this year!

25. HeatherC

NATHAN CHEN!!!! Break out the cuteness!! :cheer:

26. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

"I was last in novice twice" - Do I care? No. Shut up, Scott.

I'm so happy they are showing Nathan Chen!

27. Theatregirl1122

That's good. I was wondering if it was the TV because I just felt like she was crawling to the music.

I don't understand why they needed commentators for an exhibition. It's not like there are going to be any results for Scott to "explain" and thereby ensure everyone knows he never bothered to learn the IJS rules.

28. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Can I be the first Nathan Chen uber? He's adorable! (And really good, on top of that.)

29. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

I don't know, I do not like it when people skate an exhibition that looks more like a competitive program, I just feel like an exhibition should be a time to break free, cut loose, and skate to a different kind of music.

Oh my G-d this 11 year old Nathan Chan kid is so cute, his mom just screamed 'SMILE HONEY'

30. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

(((Mirai)))