US Junior Worlds Ladies Team Poll

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Dec 2, 2010.

Who will make Jr Worlds team?

1. Christina Gao

89.0%
  2. Agnes Zawadzki

61.6%
  3. Yasmin Siraj

69.9%
  4. Kristiene Gong

2.7%
  5. Kiri Baga

5.5%
  6. Vanessa Lam

41.1%
  7. Samantha Cesario

1.4%
  8. Courtney Hicks

4.1%
  9. Lauren Dinh

1.4%
  10. Amanda Dobbs

6.8%
  11. Katarina Kulgeyko

1.4%
  12. Nina Jiang

1.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Who will make the team? So many options! Multiple choice allowed, obv. as there's 3 spots...

2. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Does the US Junior Champion automatically get a spot?

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

No.

U.S. Junior ladies champs or medalists that have been selected for Junior Worlds in recent years:
    Agnes Zawadzki (2010)
    Mirai Nagasu, Caroline Zhang, Ashley Wagner (2007)
    Kimmie Meissner & Katy Taylor (2004)

4. Squibble

Squibble New Member

Caroline Zhang! She's got the experience! :cheer:

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

BTW, 2006 Junior champ Megan Hyatt went to 2006 Junior Worlds as the 1st alternate after Katy Taylor declined the assignment and decided to go only to Four Continents (she was initially assigned to both competitions).

I will be very interested to see whether or not 8 different U.S. ladies (and 9 different U.S. men) are assigned to 2011 Four Continents, Junior Worlds, and Worlds.

Let's see how Christina Gao, Yasmin Siraj and Kristiene Gong all fare at the Junior Grand Prix Final next week...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  6. jlai

jlai Title-less

I'm torn between 5 girls-Hicks (or whoever will win jr ladies), Lam, Siraj, Agnes Z (depending on whether she gets 4cc or worlds) and Gao (same here)

7. ChibiChibi

ChibiChibi Active Member

Hopefull thinking, but I picked Gao, Hicks, and Kulgayko. I think Courtney will win the Jr. title this year unless she has a meltdown. She's made a huge progress this year, and I really want her to do well at the Nationals, and then to be assigned to Jr. Worlds.

8. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Agnes gets the nod to go to JW, knowing the USFS, but I'd rather see her at 4CC if she doesn't make the world team.

I picked Gao, Siraj and Lam.

9. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Zawadzki, Siraj, and Lam.

I'm assuming Gao goes to senior worlds and/or 4CC. If Agnes goes to Worlds and/or 4CC, then the next person to take her place would probably be Cesario, Baga if she's recovered from her injury by then, or Kulgeyko if she wins the junior title (which I totally think she can)/whoever does win the junior title. Usually the skaters sent to Junior Worlds skate at senior nationals, except for the junior champion if she put up an impressive score (Agnes last year). Siraj I think is on the team for sure so long as she skates decently well at nationals. The second spot will probably go to another senior lady, and the third the junior champion.

I wouldn't be surprised if USFSA assigns Gao and Zawadzki to 4CC even if neither makes the World team, I guess they could do 4CC and Jr. Worlds, but if the USFSA wants to spread the wealth, then the World Team, 4CC Team, and Junior Worlds team could all be comprised of different skaters. I could forsee this happening if the results are close at nationals. For example if the results were say:

1.) Nagasu
    2.) Flatt
    3.) Wagner
    4.) Gao
    5.) Zawadzki
    6.) Czisny
    7.) Siraj
    8.) Lam
    9.) Dobbs
    10.) Cesario

Then I could see the USFSA sending Nagasu and Flatt to Worlds, Wagner, Gao, and Zawadzki to 4CC, and Siraj, Lam, and either Dobbs or the junior ladies Champion (say Kulgyeko) to Junior Worlds.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  10. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

I hope so! I would love to see 8 different ladies get the chance to compete for ISU championship ranking points. :)

11. crzesk8dad

crzesk8dad Active Member

Cold and cruel.........:slinkaway

12. pinky166

Well judging by how she's been skating recently, I feel like she'd be pretty happy if she were assigned to junior worlds. I mean, the USFSA DID assign Ashley to junior worlds last season and she was older than Caroline is now.

13. chipso1

That's because Ashley had already taken herself out of consideration for 4CC before Nationals. The USFS originally assigned her to Jr. Worlds so she would have a chance to earn ISU championship ranking points for 2009-10 if she wanted.

14. query5

query5 New Member

3 girls make the junior world team.
    who, so many skaters, Gao, Agnes, Vanessa, Yasmin, Kiri, Kristen, Samantha -not to mention who skates junior level this year. those are senior choice let alone junior, but Gao, Agnes, has a good chance at making world team with Vanessa , Yasmin, Kiri, without side hopes.
    i can see Gao and Agnes both finishing in top 6 let out top 4

15. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

I actually laughed pretty hard. Oh Caroline, she has time. :fan:

16. pinky166

I agree about Gao and Zawadzki being capable of doing well at senior worlds, and I think there is a good shot one of them will go to senior worlds, but I kind of doubt the USFSA would send them both to senior world considering we only have 2 ladies spots this year. Of course it could happen, but I tend to think at least one of Nagasu, Flatt, Wagner, or Czisny would accompany one of the youngsters at Worlds, unless of course Christina and Agnes both skate lights out and those I mentioned above skate really poorly in comparison, because then Christina and Agnes probably would both be sent to Worlds.

17. icellist

icellist Member

I said Gao, Siraj, and Lam.

Gao for jumps, Lam for spins, and Siraj for PCS. I dont really enjoy watching Sawadzki but morese than Flatt. and I'll say Caroline Zhang for alternate (she is young enough)

Gao is like a no duh for the juniors she can compete with the russian juniors but she isnt the key to three spots to worlds as of now. I see so much potential in Siraj especially as an artistic skater, like a Czisny with not as pretty spins/spirals but stronger jumps. Lam has spins that blow my mind. They arent like Czisny quality but the centering is great, but her jumps are so tiny. Along with Gao, Siraj and Lam are going to do well as seniors and they're going to need the experience.

Hate me if you want about that Zawadzki part. i do like her music though. I'm predicting two years of positive improvement for Zhang. To keep her ranking up i think USFS can send her to jr worlds as the alternate.

send Dobbs, Zawadzki, and Wagner to 4CC. Dobbs has yet to shine. Wagner gets her points too. Plus, Wagner can prove that she can be part of the world team next year (she hasnt really proven herself here).

and then worlds i would have to pick nagasu for sure, and then chose flatt or czisny depending on how they do at gpf and nationals

18. chipso1

I didn't vote for her, but Courtney Hicks could definitely be a factor, especially if she continues to perfect her 3F+3T. She scored just under 100 points for her FS at Coasts.

19. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

I really hope USFSA puts the top 3 ladies from Nationals on the 4CC team (and they accept of course). I am sure the top skaters from Japan will there, our top skaters should be there too. Good practice for worlds.

20. pinky166

Cesario is on the upswing, so I feel like she has a decent shot at Junior Worlds, especially if Gao and/or Zawadzki are sent to senior worlds and/or 4CC instead.

21. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Would it be your wish? Is it more advantageous with such a deep and pretty even field to spread competitions around to give everybody a chance, or is it wiser to give top skaters one more competition opportunity if they wish it? Same question applies to Men, though the leaders there are a bit more pronounced.
    I voted for Gao, Zawadski, Siraj but I ignored 4CC. I think my wish would be to send US Women ##3, 4, 5 to 4CC and the remaining eligibles to JW (or, rather, 2 remaining eligibles and one Junior who might take it all) , provided the results are close. If somebody is far behind in scores, I would reconsider and make them wait for a year. With Men it's a bit of a different story, as I imagine score differential might be much greater.
    What do you all think?

22. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I think it will be Gao, Zawadski, and Siraj/Hicks/Lam. If Christina and Agnes go to 4CC, then I think it could be the latter 3. Cesario might factor in if Gao and Zawadski are sent to 4CC. I don't think I've ever been as excited about both the junior and senior women's competition at nationals.