US Ice Dance splits

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by jojowest, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Is Travis Mager too short for her?

2. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

As previous Junior World Champion for the US and having competed internationally until just last year.. I'll say almost none:rolleyes::(

3. hlp728

hlp728 Active Member

For heights I saw 5"10 and 5"9 1/2 for Travis Mager and 5"11 for Stefano Caruso. imagine Emily coached by Barbara Fusarium Poli, Stefano's coach last season.

As for a release from the USFSA, can another country pay for her release if she found a partner outside the US. Just curious to see what they allow. The US has plenty of teams and no partners for Emily as it appears right now, so why not release her if that scenario does happen. There are so many of us that would love to see her skate again competitively.

4. rhumba

rhumba New Member

Didn't Nora's (Hungarian) federation pay for Max to get the release from USFS? I don't think he had to wait a year or two to skate for Hungary.

5. Iceymom

Iceymom Banned Member

New splits popping up even before Lake Placid!
    Jessica Mancini and Brad Kleffman, and who knows who else?

6. Pitbull

Pitbull New Member

Brad Kleffman decided to move back home to pursue a degree in fine arts. While he and Jessica Mancini looked great together and had received great reviews, his heart was no longer in skating. Jessica is preparing to test more Int'l dances and will be seeking a new partner for the next season.

7. Pitbull

Pitbull New Member

Is it true that Tyler Brooks has split from Madeleiine Rutledge and has quit skating?

8. just wondering

just wondering Member

Sad, if true. I have no idea about their skills, but didn't they just pair a few months ago? And she moved to Colorado Springs from somewhere?

9. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

She's from Michigan. She's represented Detroit SC for the last 4 years or so.

10. Pitbull

Pitbull New Member

It is so sad that so many splits have occured so close to the cut off for the qualifying season. Best wishes to all seeking new partnerships or having to resume "normal life" while awaiting chances for new beginnings after this season has ended.

11. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

I wonder what's with all the break-ups or splits?!! I wonder too,if there is one main reason all Teams that do break up.

12. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Yes. I really feel for Rutledge as she uprooted her life to skate with him.

13. Pitbull

Pitbull New Member

Yes, and so young to move far away from home. Jessica Mancini also uprooted to move from Colorado to Detroit.. And Marybeth to CA. And Mia to CO. I am sure that these long distance moves disrupt families and education and incur quite a bit of financial strain.I wonder if USFS has any ideas on how to help form and maintain promising partnerships? Some people question the level of responsibility, accountability and diligence of the skaters, but what does a team do when one member decides that skating is no longer an interest of theirs?