US Ice Dance splits

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by jojowest, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Conga

Conga New Member

Is he still in Canton? Maybe he's a possibility for Lichtman if, of course, L/C are splitting.

2. Conga

Conga New Member

Too bad about the skating skills. They would be a really good looking team and Chock might be able to release more of her personality with him. C/B are a bit of a mismatch in that department, IMO. :shuffle:

3. Conga

Conga New Member

Nevermind. I guess I'm a bit behind the times. I didn't know about the Lichtman/Cowan pairing.

4. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I hadn't heard it announced? Has it been?

However, since Jordan & Cowan split, people will definitely be speculating about who will be paired with whom following the split. And there may be multiple tryouts, just to add fuel to the fire.

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

It was posted as a rumor earlier in this thread.
    No. It only might have been a tryout.

6. jojowest

jojowest New Member

Just noticed Tyler Brooks has removed himself from Icepartner Search

7. Sylvia

8. casken

casken Well-Known Member

She should be snatched up right away.

He's a good skater, but I'm really surprised he's continuing on. Best of luck to him.

9. Sylvia

I noticed that Amanda Bertsch and Sam Kaplun are listed in the 2012-13 International Selection Pool. They are both listed on icepartnersearch, but her profile mentions she will be starting college and relocating this fall, so perhaps they are still training together until then?

10. rhumba

rhumba New Member

Maybe he can go back skating with Canusscio ;), size matched and same level of skill.

11. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

His former partner, Anastasia Cannuscio, is currently in a successful partnership, so I don't think a repairing is in their future.

Anastasia's sister, Isabella, is currently searching for a new partner, but for her and Dean to pair up, one would have to relocate. Not sure either is interested in doing that.

12. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Michael Bramante is now up on IPS.

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:( I thought Hawayek/Bramante had such promise.

14. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

Oh no :(

I thought they had a relatively strong first junior season: 2 JGPs, fourth at one of them, 6th at nationals. I really liked them.

On another note, one of my main hopes for the off-season is that Jean-Luc Baker finds a strong partner.

15. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

^^ This. Any chance of Hawayak/Baker??? That would be amazing!

16. reese

reese Well-Known Member

He was always just a temporary partner for her on the way up, hate to say it...

17. ChibiChibi

ChibiChibi Active Member

I've heard that it may be the case and Hawayak is moving to where Baker trains... :sekret: I too think they'll look great together!

18. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

19. Sylvia

20. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Ouch.

Interesting. I'm having a hard time visualizing them together but both are very talented so it will be exciting to see what they can do together.

21. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Charlotte is pretty good but Lori Bonacorsi is probably better and she's smaller so would have more luck finding a partner as she has a broader size range that would be suitable.

As for Dean he'd need a very small ice dance partner ideally. Usually, female ice dancers are tall by skating standards. Maia, Meryl, and Elena are some of the smallest girls competing now, and even they are around 5'3 or 5'4, which is probably the tallest Dean could partner without looking mismatched IMO. Bonacorsi is in this height range and could actually be a feasible match.

22. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

23. Sylvia

Kaitlin Hawayek/Michael Bramante's names were recently removed from USFS' International Selection Pool.

Not a split but a coaching change since Nationals: twins Danielle & Alexander Gamelin (12th in Junior Dance; aged out of ISU Junior events) have moved from the University of Delaware to Wheaton, Maryland: http://www.wisa.us/skaters.html

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  24. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Naah, they'll be training in Detroit :( From the Pairs/Dance splits thread in GSD:
    From that:
    I'm a little sad that Baker won't stay in Seattle, though I can understand going to Detroit. I loved that Baker/Yang had a unique look and approach--which I (perhaps incorrectly?)--attribute to their being coached by his mom & dad. Hope that the new partnership works out very well! And wishing Joylyn Yang the best with her back.

I know nothing about Hawayek. Vid links, anyone?

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  25. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

26. Sylvia

Posted in the "Pairs/Dance splits 2012 season" thread in GSD:
    Cassandra Jeandell & Damian Dodge were 11th in Junior Dance at 2012 US Nationals. I saw his name listed on icepartnersearch.com recently but he is no longer listed now.

27. Sylvia

It is my understanding that Jean-Luc Baker's primary coach and choreographer in Seattle was his mother Sharon Jones Baker (the 1985-1988 British ice dance champion with Paul Askham), with coaching assistance from his father, Steve Baker.

I heard that that Joylyn Yang skated with Jean-Luc Baker in the Seattle Skating Club's 75th Anniversary Show last month and seems to be mostly healed :cheer: though she reportedly has no plans to continue competing.

28. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard if either Jordan Cowan or Travis Mager have found a partner?

29. china mom

china mom New Member

I believe he is now skating with Julia Biechler, she and her former partner, Sasha Petrov, were second at Jr. Nationals for Intermediate.

30. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

I take an ice dance class during the winter at a seasonal rink with Damian as the coach (he's a very good instructor, by the way), and he confirmed that he is skating with Julia and is happy to publicly announce this. Seems they clicked nicely and are excited and really looking forward to the future. I wish them the best and much success, Damian is a total sweetheart. :cool::cheer2::encore: