US Adult Sectionals/Nationals announced

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by manleywoman, Jul 8, 2011.

1. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

They announced the locations of the 2012 Adult Sectionals/Nationals today:

Eastern Sectional:
    Rockville, Md. (Washington FSC)
    March 9-11

Midwestern Sectional:
    Grand Rapids, MI (Greater Grand Rapids FSC)
    March 16-18

Pacific Coast Sectional:
    Provo, UT (Peaks FSC)
    March 16-18

U.S. Adult Championships:
    Bensenville, IL (Skating Council of Illinois)
    April 10-14

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. I'm really excited to see Nationals in IL. Now I just have to figure out how to get my Bronze test passed in time, with new blades my backspin is gone, and my loop was iffy to begin with.

(I will probably drive out for the a day anyway...)

3. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Wait, what? Already? In great places too! :cheer2: :cheer2:

4. scootie12

scootie12 New Member

Interesting choices.

I'm hoping ONE day, we can have Adult Nationals on the West Coast. We have so many great places, but I wonder how many clubs are willing to host that type of event.

5. purple skates

The way I understand it is that there are not enough two to three rink facilities with affordable enough ice on the west coast to make hosting viable. I think the closest you will get is places like Salt Lake City, which did a fantastic job with the 2011 AN.

6. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I am beyond thrilled at the locations! Can't wait for 2012!

7. manleywoman

I'm thrilled too since with two little ones under the age of 4, It's easy travel to Sectionals and minimal travel for Nationals. Makes my life easier.

Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable phone call about my volunteering for a committee of some sort . . .

8. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Call display is your friend :)

9. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Tell them you'd be happy to be the "interview famous people" committee.

10. benfoldsrock

benfoldsrock Member

I am happy that they announce it early this year. Last year i remember it was late. I am exciting about national in chicago but not that excited about going up to michigan again... so far away.

11. purple skates

What? The Michigan snow belt in March isn't your favorite vacation spot? :lol: :p

12. manleywoman

Seriously. Every time (and I mean EVERY time) sectionals is in MI there is a blizzard. Ugh.

13. purple skates

Every time there's been AN in Chicago it's snowed too! ;) :p

14. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Same boat as Skittl: I just have to pass my bronze FS. . . been put off and put off due to various injuries. . .

15. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I may do Easterns, as it's so close to me, IF I will actually be in shape to compete in something by then. No matter what, I will definitely go to watch. But no AN for me, and I probably won't ever go, unless it's within driving distance. I'm just not competitive in Bronze, and my days of learning new jumps and spins are probably over. If I compete at Easterns, it will be in something like CM and/or maybe Interp.

16. purple skates

Debbie, that's one of the reasons I started solo dance (the competitive at freestyle issue). It's pretty fun, too.

17. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Me too! :) I'll be doing solo dance at ANs next year.

18. purple skates

What level?

19. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I remember way back when, we had Mids in Cleveland and it snowed. It seemed like it always snowed for Mids. I made a vow back then that I'd never skate Mids again unless it was in a warm climate. Then Indy had to go and host and do a fantastic job and I was hooked all over again. Bring on the snow!! :)

20. coskater

coskater New Member

I am happy about the timing of the events, it seems mids will never be held in the SW region, so far once. Chicago did a great job last time so I imagine it will be a good event again, the weather is the weather. Be prepared for anything in Chicago...spring is like that everywhere.:lol:

21. purple skates

:lol: I remember my first Adult Mids in MI (Wyandotte), of course there was a forecast for a big snow storm - in March! The major storm didn't happen, but it did snow. I think it may have snowed when we did the A2 Adult Mids too. Can't remember.

22. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Bronze. I took my Prelim dances like 6 years ago and am working on the Pre-Bronzes right now.

23. purple skates

Cool. What are the dances this year?

I'm doing silver. I've only passed one pre-silver, but I did compete the Foxtrot a couple of years ago and really like that dance. The other silver is the Tango, which I am looking forward to - if nothing else than for the dress. I had this really cool tango dress done for the Fiesta when I competed Bronze and haven't been able to wear it since.

24. coskater

coskater New Member

I'll be doing pre silver and silver dance this year. I can't manage 2 laps of the starlight and 2 laps of the arge, that's just not going to happen....:lol:

25. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

Yo. Rochelle here. I gave in and finally set up a user name, but will primarily just lurk, as I have since the early 2000s (or earlier). :)

I think I already know most of you by real name/real life... so hello!

I'm looking forward to doing Gold 1 Free Skate, Gold Solo Dance (working through the pregold dances now, so no Silver Solo 3-peat possible), and an Interpretive level still to be determined. Hopefully Adult Midwestern Sectionals will offer a nice variety of fun events, as well, so I can add to that list for Sectionals. :)

26. flying~camel

flying~camel New Member

You know how us WMASers are; so you know there will be fun events offered! ;)

Stormy and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

Extemporanous Improvisation, please! :D I know the Team event will be a given. I look forward to yet another Grand Rapids experience. :)