updated: Verner has decided to train in North America

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Iceman, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

2. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/72873140.html

Translation:

Former European champion Tomas Verner, who ponders whether to move to train overseas, will announce his decision by the end of September.
    "I have yet to weigh all the pros and cons: leave everything as it was, or continue to work like in America. In the first place, I should discuss it with those whom it directly concerns. I will make my decision by the end of September.
    - I've been thinking about whether I can leave home and go over the ocean. Training? I liked it. But I want to find my own effective way", - said Verner in an interview with Sport.cz

3. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I hope he decides to train in North America! Huth has not done much for him and Tomas is soo talented!

4. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Also, the paragraph that was omitted in the translation of the original source of the article above, which is here:

"Training there is very different from what I was used to in Europe. [The skaters] train every day, that becomes a routine. I've never had such intense training in the gym, either, - but my body has become stronger, I have better coordination and balance now."

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Isn't it a bit nutty to still have your coaching situation up in the air just before the season will start? I mean, I guess it's better than choosing the wrong coaching situation, but the timing seems odd.

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

The picture next to the blog posting is :rofl: and fits the content.

So the news about him is that he hasn't decided where he'll train? :huh:

7. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

8. deedeelocks

deedeelocks xx

Maybe, maybe not. :p

He will announce his decision at the end of September. He is first finishing his bachelor degree. His first competition AFAIK isn't untill the beginning of November anyway.
    here is a translation of the full Czech interview.

9. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I thought this was a funny comment in talking about rejecting traditional sports psychology

10. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

So true. Unfortunately all of Huths students seem to get to a point where they tend to be inconsistant or just stop to progress even though they have the potential to be a lot better.

11. candle15

candle15 New Member

Go Verner!!! :)

I LOVE your skating. GO GO!!:rollin:

12. mia joy

mia joy New Member

true, but what an awesome look at that ring! ;) I must tell you, I've been obsessed with his gloves from both that season and the following one and that ring was such a great detail to the gloves as well. I mean, maybe it's weird but I really think Tomas's gloves are :smokin: :lol: and besides, gloves also give you a better look on the skater's hands, which is always welcome, you can see the movement better ;)

anyways, I know I'm going off topic here :p about his training decision, I hope he makes the right one for him, the one that will make him fight for international golds, cause it's a way too huge talent to be wasted like it's been lately... hope the timing of this decision won't affect his skating this season either.

13. pinky166

14. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I just want him to leave Huth. Actually, I want everyone to leave Huth. I don't know what his training methods are, but they don't seem to work well for any of his students.

15. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

He is always handsome. ;)

But I agree, fab pictures, especially the flying ones. He probably has the most beautiful flying sitspin among the current ones. :swoon:

16. pinky166

True. Handsome and talented. That's why he must leave Huth and find the right coach for him as soon as possible. His quad is better than Plushenko's quad and his charisma is contagious, and yet he doesn't really have much to show for it. I hope he has a successful season, I would love to see Tomas and Michal on both the European and World podiums - they are both definitely capable of it.

17. just wondering

just wondering Member

I do hope Verner finds a productive coaching situation. A dear friend of mine, who skated international pairs, attended several GPs/Worlds with him. Said he was THE NICEST guy and so talented. Wishing him the best as he makes plans for the upcoming season!!!!

18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Sport psychology has nothing to do with psychoanalysis!!!

19. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
    Go, Tomas!
    I hope you´ll succes well with your new coach and environment.
    (I sometimes think that especially the male figure skaters should not to be too analytic and intellectual. :slinkawayPlease show me wrong.)

21. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Good for Tomás. Now if we could just free Kostner, Kovalevski, and Tischendorf...

22. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Yay for Tomas! He is such a cutie patootie... oh and a really talented skater too. I hope this works out for him and he realizes his potential! :)

23. pinky166

Yay, I was afraid he would go back to Huth, but this is so good to hear! I hope he can skate up to his potential this season because if he can he will be tough to beat, especially with no Evan, Plushy, or Johnny around. So excited for his new programs too, they seem perfect for him :).

24. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Interesting! Who did Emerson work with before?

25. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Netty Kim, 95 Canadian champ. I have no idea who else....

26. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Welcome to Toronto, Tomas! I hope he has a great season. He's quite a charmer. :D

27. SmallFairy

SmallFairy Well-Known Member

yup, free Kovalevski...sigh....though would it make a difference. before Huth: great jumps, dull programs, with Huth: no jumps, interesting programs... I have a soft spot for Anton! so hard.

otoh: Go Tomas!! I wish him all the best for the upcoming season!

28. deedeelocks

deedeelocks xx

29. pinky166

30. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

Yes, he is handsome ! and very talented!
    I hope he'll have a good season. I miss him!