Update on my Son!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by MOIJTO, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Many of you know (from a random rant in another thread :shuffle:) that my son was hit by a car on his bike last week.

He is healing well, his shoulder may give him some issue and he is concerned since his band leaves to tour Israel and Canada in July and Aug, he plays guitar.

But the good news...its seems as though the police in the city he was hit in have found a strong suspect. The have questioned him and are investigating, according to the police this person has many warrants for arrest for various infractions.

So fingers crossed!

2. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:)

3. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

Glad to hear he is healing well.

4. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Hope he is able to tour with his band ... I'll keep praying for his healing!

5. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Moijto, I did not read about your son in the other thread. I don't know which thread it was. Anyway, what happened? How badly was he hurt? How old is he? Will he be okay? How awful! Are you okay?

Every time one of my kids goes out on their bike, I worry. They are in their early 20's, but we live in a very hilly area with roads that twist and turn. They do wear helmets, but I worry that cars go too fast on these roads and that idiots text and don't see bikers.

Hugs to your son and to you. I hope he recovers very quickly.

6. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

He had just bought a new bike that day not even 5 hrs before this happened. :wall: He was at his studio and his sister that lives 4 blocks from there invited him to dinner. He was about 1/2 way there when he stopped at a cross walk to cross. The car hesitated (all pedestrians have the rightaway no matter the color of the light). My son hesitated and then when the car stopped my son proceeded to cross the street and the car plowed into him, he flew over the handle bars hit his shoulder first and then his head. The car didn't stop and continued over the bike and my son would have been crushed had he not the sense to jump up out of the way. Another bike rider was behind him and saw the whole thing, the witness was only able to get a partial license as he was blind in one eye. No one else stopped or offered assistance at all except this one person, who my daughter happened to know. The city of which he works and she lives has many "kids" living there they both know, it has heavy car, pedestrian and bike traffic. He didn't have a helmet on, but both my son and the nurses (not the Docs) said had he been wearing one its most likely he would have been hurt far worse because of the angle that he fell it would have hurt his neck far worse.

pollyanna and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Oh my Dear! I am SO SORRY!!!!! I am very thankful, however, that it wasn't worse, and that he is recovering. You are in my prayers!

8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I missed the other thread, also.
    I'm glad that your son is recovering, and that they have a lead about who might be responsible.

Best wishes to him, and to you!

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

YOur son is very lucky although it may not seem like that at the moment. All the best to him for a speedy recovery and hope they find the person soon who did this.

10. cruisin

Oh, Moijto! Please give him a big hug. Is he still in the hospital? Thank goodness he will be alright, I shudder to think...

I have a dear friend who's 7 year old son was killed on a bike. He would now be about 26, an only child, devastating.

11. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that your son is okay and that they've possibly apprehended the idiot who hit him.

Just last week my son had a bad wreck on his bike, but there was no car involved, thank God. He had a bag of clothes tied to his handle bars and the bag slipped and got caught in the spokes of the wheel. He tumbled head over heels into the street, but luckily there was no traffic at the time and the bike took the brunt of the damage. He wound up with a few spots of road rash and some major scrapes on his helmet. The bike is unride-able for now.

We are always griping at my son to go outside and get some exercise, but I really worry about him when he rides his bike. We live in an area with nice, wide streets and lots of bicyclsts, but it only takes one idiot to cause a tragedy.

12. cruisin

Bev, glad that your son is okay :).

13. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Didn't read the other thread either but glad all is well!!

14. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

I hadn't read the other thread either, but I'm very glad he is doing well. I will pray he continues to do well!

15. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Thank God he's okay. Will pray he continues to heal.

16. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Glad your son is doing ok! Hoping he has a quick recovery!!!

Hit and run drivers make me so :mad: How much you wanna bet he's a serial drunk driver and just didn't want to get caught? :mad::mad::mad:

17. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Great news that your son is doing well. :)

And I hope the police are able to find and convict the man who ran him down. :angryfire

18. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I hadn't read the other thread, but I do hope that he continues to rapidly heal -- and reading the account of the accident it seems like he could have so easily been killed.

I hope that the police are able to find the driver -- leaving the scene of an accident, especially when someone was hurt is incredibly cruel and stupid.

19. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope everything works out ok with his guitar!

20. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

First, Thanks to everyone!

Second barbk, not to mention its a felony besides being stupid!

21. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I'm glad your son is going to be OK. Hope he gets to make the tour with the band.

22. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Glad he's ok, tell him not to ride a bike in Israel. We seem to have a bike rider killed(!!!!) by a car driver almost every week. Ugh

23. IvoryIris

IvoryIris Active Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and successful tour.