Up in coming Russian Ladies Figure Skaters

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Strawberry301, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Strawberry301

Strawberry301 Banned Member

This is just a thread to talk about the up in coming rising stars in Russian ladies figure skating. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva ( her coach is Alexei Mishin )Adelina Sotnikova ( her coach is Elena Vodorezova ) and of course one of my favorite Russian Skaters Ksenia Makarova :) Ksenia is 17 years old and was the 2008 Russian Champion and also the 2010 Russian Champion. Elizaveta is 13 years old and is the 2009 silver Russian medalist and the 2010 Bronze medalist. While Adelina is also 13 years old and is the 2009 Russian Champion. I think we can expect great things from these girls in the future !

Sotnikova Adelina LP 2009 ( Russian Nationals )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61bvnxF-JuQ

Tuktamisheval Elizaveta LP 2009 ( Russian Nationals )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fFOUOtYrkA&feature=related

Ksenia MAKAROVA SP Russian Nationals 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMuEzN9zDX8&feature=related
    LuckyCharm and (deleted member) like this.
  2. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting these! Sotnikova has great speed on her spins and both she and Tuktamisheva have nice height on their jumps. Of course, we all know Makarova is very talented as well. It will be exciting to watch these ladies in the next quad.
  3. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

4. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

Among the up and coming ladies:

Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva will be JGP eligible in 2010-2011 and senior ISU championship eligible in 2012-2013.

Polina Shelepen, Polina Agafonova, and Anna Ovcharova will be senior ISU championship eligible in 2011-2012.

Sofia Biryukova will be senior ISU championship eligible in 2010-2011.
  5. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

That Elizaveta girl went from 10th in the short to 1st in the long at Russian nationals so she obviously has some skills but needs a lot of work.
  6. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

7. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

Agree - does Mishin work on nothing but jumps? Because almost nothing else in her program has gotten much attention - terrible extension, leg positions, etc. and I don't blame her - she's the student. He's a world-class coach but appears to have only one interest even for the women if her posted youtube program is any indication.

Willowway
  8. SkateElectric

SkateElectric New Member

Thanks for the post on Julia Lipnitskya....amazing spins!!!
  9. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

Thanks for the vids, great watching young talent.

I will get excited when they pass puberty with all jumps in tact. That to me is their biggest hurdle!
  10. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Doronina was the 2008 nat'l champion, not Makarova.
  11. Excidra

Excidra New Member

OMG. What a talent. She's Lipinski and Cohen all in one. I hope she keeps this up because Sochi will be on home turf and boy is Russian ladies skating picking up stem.
  12. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

If Lipnitskaya is really 11 now she isn't going to be old enough for Sochi.

Holy Biellman variation though :eek:
  13. barney

barney New Member

If she turns 12 in the next couple of months she will be.
  14. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Lipnitskaya's spirals are INSANE.
  15. Ajax

Ajax New Member

Wow. Very nice, she'll be a star if she can get through puberty as another poster pointed out. Too bad she's not age eligible for Sochi :(
  16. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

She is eligible! Her birthday is 05.06.1998, so she will turn 15 before 01.07.2013 and can go to the senior competitions in 2013-2014 season
  17. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I hope her lower back lasts that long. She is amazing but only bends in her lower back (and boy does she bend, unbelievably so). She's amazing.
  18. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Those three will be eligible for the senior grand prix this coming season, though I don't know if they will chose to compete on the senior circuit or stay on the junior grand prix for another year. Shelepen and Ovcharova I think could handle SGP, Polina will be 15 in July and Anna seems pretty mature, but Agafonova still looks so young and skates very much like a junior so she may be better off staying on the JGP another year. I guess the federation will leave it up to the girls and their coaches to decide though.
  19. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

Russian ladies are going to be the new Japanese ladies. There's way too much talent coming up that at least one of them is going to be a huge star. Everytime I open a Russian ladies thread lately I'm really impressed.
  20. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I can't believe Makarova may not even make Sochi even if she would be the only elegant lady among all the jumping bean girls. :(

She needs to get away from Johnny's team if she wants to improve her results. The overly Russian style with empty choreographies, boring music and absolute front-loading is going to kill her scores.
  21. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

The challenge for some of these women will being established with the judges in time for 2014. Especialy Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva who arent eligible until the pre Olympic season. Then again the judges rewarded Asada and Kim right away, so there shouldnt be a problem come to think of it if these girls are good enough by then.
  22. bek

bek Guest

Elizaveta has tremendous skating skills. Excellent edges and great speed accross the ice.

On another board, someone said they actually talked to Elizaveta's father (I believe) and he said that Elizaveta is not naturally flexible and its something they are working on, and its getting better. But I get the feeling she'll never be great at it. Her spirals though I think are better than what Yu-na's looked like when she debuted on the Senior circuit. :lol:
  23. Fallcolor

Fallcolor New Member

:eek::eek: at Lipnitskaya's flexibility!! She would be eligibile in 2018 but let's see if she will be affected by puberty in the next 4 years or so.
  24. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Word. Makarova needs to move forward. She deserves much better than Johnny Weir programs.

Lipnitskaya is unbelievable... The timing on the jumps, wow. Puberty will be a big hit but with those skills, hopefully she'll survive it somehow.
  26. IceKween

IceKween New Member

Julia Lipnitskaya is an incredible talent. Wow. Let's hope she develops well and doesn't get hit by the puberty monster. She looks like she has pretty solid basics, and her spins are really solid too. It will be fun watching her develop.
  27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

It's only her first senior season. :p

But Marco's comments did make me wonder, when she was skating for the US, did she have the same coaches and the same supposedly Russian style, and did she pick up anything that is more valued in the US? I'm thinking maybe that's why her spins and spirals are strong, it's such a focus in the US field.
  28. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

From the even younger set, I love Elena Radionova. She was born in 1999.

Elena Radionova LP
    Elena Radionova SP

She won that competition by something like 50 points. She's got amazing musicality and presentation for someone so young, and her jumps are big! She's got a 3T, 3S, 3Lo and 3Lz now.

Another promising junior is Daria Medvedeva. I think Mishin is one of her coaches, but I'm not 100% sure on that. She's had some really promising results this season, and beat Lipnitskaya at this competition. Unfortunately, since her birthday is 23.07.97, she's a few weeks to young for the upcoming JGP season:

Daria Medvedeva LP
  29. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

What happened to Katia's and Sergei's daughter Daria? How old is she now?
  30. DivaOnIce

DivaOnIce New Member

Wasn't she born in 1992?! She stopped to train a couple of years ago. I think she played volleyball and wanted to focus on school.
    Is Liza still skating?