Universal Sports vs. Ice Network?

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Fridge_Break, Sep 28, 2011.

1. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

And IN isn't covering SA fully. Grr.

2. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Is Universal Sports covering SA with no delay?
    I might be a sucker/ unreasonable fan, but I'll probably end up with both. I change locations pretty often, and sometimes Icenetwork works beautifully in one place but freaks out in another. Still, I cannot do without it because it covers Nationals and Sectionals.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  3. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I think it was only through 9/30/2011. The only online figure skating videos right now are last season's events.

http://www.directchoicesatellite.co...w-of-universal-sports-network-to-subscribers/

The Universal Sports online viewing subscription info, for the ISU Grand Prix only, is here:
    https://secure.universalsports.com/login.html?pid=10982&newsid=559578

4. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

I was thinking about ending up with both as well. I think I may subscribe to US for the GPS then subscribe to IN in January for Nationals coverage.

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I just renewed the IN for another season. I see no reason to drop it since they show Nationals which is the big thing for me. Plus it works fine for me. I'm glad i have it since in there infinite wisdom NBC isn't even showing Pairs or the Ladies live on Sunday at SA and i don't have Universal Sports cable channel.

6. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Dumb question with on demand - is an event available for a couple weeks afterwards? Curious to how long available. Thanks.

7. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

At Icenetwork? It's available for a LONG time. You could still watch 2009 GP season, if you are so inclined.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
    smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  8. zebobes

zebobes Active Member

I just looked at Universal Sports, and they seem to have taken Skate America OFF of the streaming list... :-(

9. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Yup. I just noticed the same thing (are we twins?)!! I think I will stick with only IN then. Oh well, better for my wallet.

10. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

I just noticed the same thing. I guess I'll be sticking with IN after all.

11. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

I am horribly disappointed that Orlando, doesnt have Universal Sports on Brighthouse cable. Is there a way to record streaming video to dvd? I normally record to dvd from my Tivo & this is the 1st year I dont availability to it.

So Universal sports isnt streaming Skate America? I might just do IceNetwork. I was going to subscribe to both but may just get one.

12. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I don't know. I only subscribed to US for Worlds last year. I had subscribed to IN at the beginning of the season, but the player was so terrible that I didn't want to struggle through trying to watching Worlds with them.

13. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

I had the GP series last year and as an already-subscribed customer, I paid 9.95 for Worlds, it wasn't free.

14. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I had to subscribe to Universalsports last night. My icenetwork feed kept freezing, and as long as I was sacrificing sleep it made no sense to put up with bad feed. Universal feed is about half a minute late- perhaps that accounts for better quality.

15. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Very happy with the Universal Sports feed.

16. crzesk8dad

crzesk8dad Active Member

Just got a Logitech Revue and am using it to stream Ice Network to my new 40 inch LCD TV. It comes out great, in HD. It's almost like the old days of watching skating on TV. The Grand Prix's are a pleasure to watch, this year.

17. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

Anyone know which service has a better resolution? Universalsport on my 46" TV is blurry.

18. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

Ice Network on my tv has great picture quality.