Unforgettable Holiday Moments on Ice 12/24

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Meredith, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

The show will be aired on 12/24/10 at 6:00-8:00 (Eastern time, in my market, at least) on Hallmark channel.

It is a repeat of the show from Rapid City, SD http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76174 that originally aired on NBC in late November.

Musical guests: Mannheim Steamroller. This was a great cast, lovely setting, and all-around memorable experience. :D

2. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

The show was very enjoyable. Loved the skating cast, and really like the music of Mannheim Steamroller (we're Jewish, but we like what they do instrumentally with the traditional carols). I still wish TPTB would show the skaters more, and not dart back & forth to the musicians. We're happy to hear the musicians, but we want to see the skaters' full performances. I know, this debate has been going on a long time.

3. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

In another thread, people were trying to come up with solutions (picture in a picturre, split screen - not so much). How about, since these shows are usually 2 hours long and the skaters usually get 2 numbers, show the musicians with the skaters during one of the numbers like they do already and let the second number be the skater only. They do that when someone gets to skate to a song separate from the featured entertainer theme of the week. Considering these are billed as figure skating shows, why wouldn't that work? The people who attend the shows don't have to watch the musicians/singers/whatever. Why should we? (Except of course when the Goo Goo Dolls were on last Christmas - which I lost when I had to have the DVR replaced. Grrr.)

P.S. - I got a Mannheim Steamroller Christmas CD from someone at work late Thursday afternoon. Oops, I forgot to bring it home with me. ;)

4. paskatefan

I know the split screen suggestion has been brought up countless times in this forum and others. I have written to Steve Disson about this, to no avail. Other suggestions have been made as well, but will he and the other PTB listen to the skating fans?

I really liked last year's Improv-Ice with the Goo Goo Dolls (it helps that I like them musically). :) For skaters - I thought Jeff Buttle was particularly great (in this year's show too).

Bring home that Mannheim Steamroller CD asap! :lol: Enjoy it while it's still the holiday season.

The good thing about the "Tribute to the Golden Age of US Figure Skating" show, which will be aired on NBC this afternoon (4 to 6 PM EST - as always, check your local listings), is that all the skaters skated to recorded music, so hopefully we'll see those performances in their entirety. The group America was the musical guest, but thankfully they just performed a medley of their hits while the big screen presented the lists of US champions through the years. I wish the entire show would be shown, but the live show was about 2 & 1/2 hours, followed by several retakes (mostly for minor glitches). Someone is bound to be "chacked," considering that there will be commercials as well. I hope that TPTB make a DVD of that memorable evening. There is some discussion of it at the Caesars' Tribute site on Facebook.

5. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

You saw the Tribute to the Golden Age live, paskatefan? How very cool! I can't wait to see the show when I return home tonight. More later!

6. paskatefan

Yes, Meredith. It was seriously one of the best (if not, the best) skating shows we've seen live. We definitely want to record this one for posterity.