U.S. Stars on Ice tour April/May 2010: articles, fan reports & more!

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

The U.S. tour kicks off tonight in Estero, Florida!

Local Florida article with a focus on Joannie Rochette (includes a 2-minute video with quotes from Alissa Czisny and Belbin/Agosto): http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/mar/30/stars-ice-rochette-evan-lysacek-belbin-agosto/

Lysacek's new exhibition program is to Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" according to this article: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...-20100330_1_evan-lysacek-dance-floor-ice-tour

Another local Florida article with a focus on Caydee Denney: http://www.ocala.com/article/20100401/ARTICLES/4011005?Title=Ocala-teen-a-Star-on-Ice-
    Please post reviews, impressions, photos, etc. in this thread. :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Good gravy. Caydee is very young isn't she?

3. love skating

love skating Clueless American

4. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

love the picture!! thanks :) Everyone is looking good.

5. QB

QB New Member

Obviously a first night show but random thoughts:

some fun group numbers, some lovely ladies skating, great pair number from the champs, Tanith can replace Shae-lynn any day. Sasha had wardrobe malfunction ;-) but the cast was saved by Alyssa picking up the two headbands before disaster struck.
    Todd seems a very relaxed host, Michael's back flips apparently never fail to please. For reasons that escape me, Ben plays guitar solos twice(??) but he's injured so I'll be kind; he did do a very cute number with Tanith.
    Joannie's number (Vole) was skated beautifully.
    Without diminishing any other skater's performance, the showstopper was definitely Evan. Sold his number 1000% and deserved his standing O.(color me surprised!)

6. love skating

love skating Clueless American

Thanks QB for your thoughts. Mirai said she's on new skates and may not skate well so I was wondering how she did.

7. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

Do you remember music? Thanks for the info:)

8. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm dying to know what all the numbers are. :)

9. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

It looks like they'll be posting the music on their website. I assume they'll say who skates to what.

Thanks for the report, QB. Any observations on the Belgosto/Davite number?

I didn't know Ben was injured - is it his back? I hope he recovers quickly, poor guy.

10. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Is it true Evan is skating to Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror? I forgot where I read that today but I saw it and I was really happy :)

11. Pretty Vegas

Yeah, I think that's true - I saw a video of him and Mark choreographing it a few days ago. :)

12. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Oh, I didn't know that, and I guess after reading Evan's twitter update it is true :) yayy!!

EvanLysacek: The first night of stars on ice was great! Thanks to @OfficialMBallas for choreographing such a fun routine.

13. Pretty Vegas

The cute tweets have already started from this show. Evan's replying to a bunch of fans, Mirai's complaining about having the smallest bunk and Jeremy's telling her to steal Evan's when he goes back on DWTS - LOL.

14. QB

QB New Member

Ben couldn't do that number tonight, unfortunately.
    Sorry not to offer lots of details, no program to reference and I assume there will be a lot of commentary from other posters- there was a pretty fair turnout.

15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:cheer2: reports!!!

16. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

WOW, that´s very funny....

17. Debbie S

18. Debbie S

Evan just tweeted that he has 2 broken toes. Doesn't say whether they are from skating or DWTS. Oh dear, I hope he recovers quickly. When my skating coach broke a toe a few years ago, it was a few weeks before she could fit her foot in her skate.

With both Ben and Evan injured, I'm starting to worry that DC SOI is going to suck. :(

19. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Let's not think about it like that ;)

I just want to have a good time and enjoy the skating regardless of who can make it...

20. flyingsit

flyingsit Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the DC show won't suck as long as Jeremy is there. :) It better not since I just got tickets!

21. QB

QB New Member

If Evan skated last night on broken toes, I can't imagine how he could improve when well. Ben, also, skated a fun number with multiple costume changes with Tanith that gave no indications of his troubles. "The show must go on", particularly opening night.

It's a credit to each skater that, given this year's extreme limits in rehearsal time, they nonetheless created such an enjoyable night. Local fans in particular must have been extremely proud of Caydee and Jeremy. She described their number perfectly in the first poster's quote but it is certainly not a "little number"- she wowed everybody!:encore:

Even if the economy requires less extravagant production values, a show's basic purpose is to let you see stars up close and personal and that is still worthwhile. If your personal favorite doesn't appear in your city, it's still a good show...DC SOI won't 'suck'. IMHO

22. RD

RD Well-Known Member

It better not... :p

23. Debbie S

I was thinking of the possibility that neither would be able to skate, which would suck for them as well as for us. Evan didn't say how he broke his toes....could have been after the show, for all we know. But if he did skate as well as you said he did with broken toes, props to him. :)

I hope Ben recovers from whatever injury he has in time for next Thurs, b/c I really want to see the B/A and D/W duet. If not, I hope that someone can record and YouTube it at a later show. (and I'm sure whatever injury he has is probably painful, so I hope it goes away)

24. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

Thank you QB, for sharing your impression with us! Sounds to be a great show!

Evan mentioned after Monday's Jive that he's in pain, the toes might have been broken then. Can't believe he still delivered the best performance of the night even with the injury. Good for him. :respec:

Let's wish both Evan and Ben a speedy recovery!

25. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Yeah, me too. I'm starting to get nervous about the DC show.

26. QB

QB New Member

My last random thought ;)

I can't wait to hear everyone's impressions of a duet with Sasha and Alyssa. Absolutely lovely, but will I be the only one wondering about the inter-personal dynamic.....?

Really looking forward to new reports tonight.

27. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

I so want to see the Sasha and Alissa duet. I was hoping there would be one as soon as Alissa joined the tour.

28. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

The music list is now up at the SOI website.

Hope Evan and Ben will be OK for the tour! :eek: A speedy recovery to both of them!

29. flyingsit

flyingsit Well-Known Member

Just looked at the music list...

Tanith and Ben's program :swoon:
    There are only a few songs that I absolutely hate.

And one of my favorite songs is being used by one of my least favorite skaters. :mad: Oh well, it can't be perfect.

30. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

I like to be surprised so I'll wait for the show.

Looking forward to the Sasha - Alissa number!