U.S. Men 2012-13 pre-season news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 13, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  2. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Figure skaters are fit, no denying. Pulling off Draper's cool and Seibert's choreo will require a lot more than abs, but I'm certain AdaRipp is up to the task -- it's that 3-axel he must truly conquer to excel.

3. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Sounds very promising and different for him. He's even getting a new look! Hopefully a new fit for his customes as well. The flowy tops with soft colors he usually wears don't make him any favors, very vanilla imo :blah:

4. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ Of course! He will be looking very debonair and cool, likely in a comfortable for skating version of a 3-piece suit, eh?

5. dots

dots Well-Known Member

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

We should be calling him Ripped Abs. :p

7. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

His legs too.

Figure skating costumes really hide how fit these athletes are.

8. Skittl1321

LeDuc? The 3A is inconsistent though. I don't think he has found a new partner yet.

9. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

Yeah, Leduc is one answer to winterone's question of "Are there any Pairs guys out there with a 3x, 3 lz and triple triple combos ?".

And Skittl1231, you're are correct: he has not found a new partner yet, as of last week.

He's currently working on his Senior (singles) Free Skate to test this summer. He hadn't tested it following his last competitive singles season... which was at the Junior level a few years ago.

10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Thanks for the LeDuc update, Rochelle. I've cross-posted it in the U.S. Pairs news thread.

The Senior men registered so far for the Liberty Summer Competition in mid-July are:
    Ross Miner (believe he will only compete 1 program?), Keegan Messing, Max Aaron, Harrison Choate, Timothy Koleto, Emmanuel Savary, and Paul Parkinson (ITA). Wesley Campbell has stated publicly that he is planning to compete as well.

11. Skittl1321

Ooh! I wonder if he'll go back to competing singles. Last I talked to him it was "no way"- but comments like that can change pretty quickly. He might just want the test though.

12. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

I don't mean to sound superficial, but what will he do with his hair? Don Draper and Raphaelite curls do not mix!!!!:confused::cool:

13. Sylvia

I guess you haven't yet clicked on the 2 Twitter photo links posted earlier in this thread, Yazmeen? ;) (hint: ponytail)

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  14. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

Tim is taking his Senior Free test in the Quad Cities on June 8.

15. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

A lot of people have been asking, so just to let you all know, Keegan is only competing at Liberty and Glacier Falls this summer. No Skate Detroit.

16. Sylvia

Also registered now: Brandon Mroz, Wesley Campbell, Timothy LeDuc (SP only), and Luiz Manella (BRA).

ETA: It looks like Stephen Carriere plans to start his season at the Lake Placid FS comp. the last weekend in June.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  17. Sylvia

Article about Ross Miner's new programs and choreographers: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120605&content_id=32790746&vkey=ice_news

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh I didn't realise that Catarina Lindgren was Tom Dickson's wife.

19. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Active Member

Looking forward to new programs (and choreographers) from Ross :).

20. jlai

jlai Title-less

Yeah, I learned that from Manleywoman's podcast. Tom said something like how she draws the costumes he has in mind for his skaters since he cannot draw at all.

21. winterone

winterone Banned Member

I've heard that Jason Brown still does not have a 3x. Do you think USFSA will keep holding him up if he doesn't get a 3x by nationals? Just sayn.

Sorry for the errors...I am a Victim....of the Bad schools in the US. Teachers Unions....stink...Go Scott Walker.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  22. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Where are you hearing this from? Someone at his rinks? AJ? Desperate because I'm starving for Jason news.

At any rate, he has landed them in the past - he did a two-footed one at Glacier Falls I think last year - so I believe he will get it. Hopefully he is prepared to consider all options if he's not landing it. I know he thinks Kori is wonderful, but I hope someone has told him that there's nothing wrong with bringing in another coach to fix the 3A.

23. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

I've heard he spells his name J-A-S-O-N.
    I've also heard that the apostrophe should go between the I and the v.
    I've also heard that it should be spelled "saying," and it's not a synonym for "asking."

Given the four above errors, why should anyone put any credence to anything you're just saying?

Just asking.

24. carriemarie

carriemarie New Member

MEEEOWWWW! :rofl:

25. misskarne

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are awesome.

26. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

27. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

:huh:

What do you mean 'holding up'?

If anything he was getting marked down last season because of the lack of 3axel, given how excellent his program construction was and how well he was performing them.

28. misskarne

He did get a pretty big boost at Nats, but agreed, the international judges were pretty hard on the lack of 3A. He definitely got the PCS he deserved at JW though, and all his other elements are flawless, so...

However, I would not listen to this person. There seems to be some kind of irrational hatred of Jason going on here. Perhaps jealousy? ;)

29. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I would say that Brown's FS was the best choreographed program at US Nationals. Abott's FS was probably close but nobody else was anywhere near.

30. Rainbow

Rainbow Active Member

I`ve also heard that FSU was an international forum, where non-English native speakers and writers were welcome. So what do apostrophes and their use have to do with credence in this context? :blah: