U.S. Men 2012-13 news, updates & general discussion

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 16, 2012.

1. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

ugh, wish he was getting a new LP, I freakin hate Muse. But VERY excited to see the Cousins SP!

2. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

So, is it clear whether he is keeping his old program or getting a new one to the same music? I am happy in both cases, just curious.

3. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I'm thrilled about Exogenesis coming back. It is one of the most beautiful men's programs ever and means so much to Jeremy. It will make the Olympic year good for him, no matter what happens. Great decision.

I can't imagine he will totally redo it. Tweak it, maybe.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

I also LOOOOOOOOVED his Muse program, too. And :cheer: that he gets to work with Robin Cousins. Hoping for something fun and carefree, with great footwork!

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I usually prefer when skaters get new programs for the Olympic year, but I did really like Muse. :)

7. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I am happy with Jeremy's decision. I was missing the "Muse" program the whole year; it truly had in it a "signature" of his skating style, and it seemed at the end of last year that it still could be developed more. So though I normally prefer new programs every year, going back to "Muse" makes sense to me.
    Robin Cousins is the person who inspired Jeremy to skate in the first place, so going to Cousins for the choreo in Jeremy's final year is completing a circle, and thus bitter- sweet. I will miss seeing Jeremy's new programs every year. Some were more successful than others, sure, but he always tried to find something new to explore and say. Sigh. We need " Art on Ice" in North America.

8. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

I've often thought that it would be cool if skaters skated their "greatest hits" of the last four years at the olympics. I'm looking forward to Jeremy's Muse program again.

9. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

It will be so sad not to have his new programs to look forward to any more. I wish there was show skating in the US that valued art in men's skating rather than that all-important Back Flip.

Happy Exogenesis will be back.

Has Robin Cousins done any CoP choreography lately? He just seems involved in other pursuits. Then again, it's a SP-

10. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

I don't know about singles choreography, but he was involved with Coomes/Buckland's programs this year. From his commentary during Worlds, he does seem to have kept up with the changes to the system & have a good understanding of the demands of a COP program. Hopefully he & Jeremy can produce something really special! (then again, he was talking about how disappointed he was that I/K had taken the Ghost music, as he wanted C/B to use it, so maybe his taste levels are slipping...:shuffle:;) )

11. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

great news!!!!!!!! i love Exogenesis. Was there at Cup of China in 2011. When he finished, I had a tear in my eye. It's difficult to appreciate the artistry without watching him live

And it's also great that he gets to work with Robin Cousins, the person who inspired him. Indeed as diinakt said, it will be a full circle for him - no matter whether or not he makes the olympik team ... i hope that he and cousins do something gentle and introspective also (like Cinema Paradiso or something :saint:)

personally i found the arm-flailing detective and the sentimental les miserables this year a little crappy (or not his best, shall i say) :saint:

12. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I was bummed he hadn't kept it for this season, but the Olympics is better (providing he makes it). :cheer: Can't wait to see it again.

13. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

14. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Vincent was very impressive!

15. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

And he is just in Novice? Very impressive maturity for his age!

16. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Vincent Zhou is the 2013 U.S. Junior Men's champ, coached by Tammy Gambill. He had to compete Novice in his international debut because he is 12 years old (will turn 13 in Oct. 2013) and will not be old enough for the JGP until the fall of 2014.

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Thanks to misskarne for finding and posting this 4/28 Denver Post article link in the Joshua Farris/Jason Brown fan thread in the Trash Can: Joshua Farris of Colorado Springs maturing into U.S. Olympic hopeful
    Excerpt:
    Copying over other Farris-related posts from there:
    Fan video of Josh Farris' Showtime on Ice performance this past Sunday to "When I Was Your Man" (Bruno Mars): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud5e-hJENew

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  18. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

Yes, agreed -- it was awful nice to have them hanging out with us. They were there for almost all of Saturday, and Adam in particular really chatted up the audience between ice makes and events. He kept a great attitude with the constant attention, while also being respectful to when skaters were performing. He had quite the education on the things that make Adult Nationals... Adult Nationals (the bingo cards, the "tossies" thrown on the ice, etc).

Douglas performed in the opening ceremonies (as well as Vise/Baldwin) and did a really fun, hot number for us while sporting a new haircut -- which was entertaining since I'm so used to seeing him skate to classics.

19. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Razzano's "Don't Stop the Party" by Pitbull (he also skated this number in the AAC Gala at Governing Council this past weekend): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYOJ0_Ac0fQ

ETA that I'm planning to start a new "offseason" news thread for U.S. Men soon - in the meantime, I posted a tidbit about Richard Dornbush earlier today in the Programs/Choreographers thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...nown-to-date&p=3917371&viewfull=1#post3917371

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  20. vocal

vocal New Member

I am hoping for great new show programs by Jeremy after Olympics. Am very thrilled about the Cousins - Abbott collaboration. If the outcome will be just nearly as inventive as Cousin's "Satan Takes a Holiday" or Abbott's Swing Kids routine it will likely be one of my favorite short programs. Looking very much forward to the first performance.

21. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013