U.S. Ladies [#5]: All That Glitters Is Not Gold

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vagabond, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Thank you, I remember this now. I blocked it from memory because I thought it such a horrible idea, especially with the .7 difference in base value between 3f and 3z.

2. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry, I knew that but I didn't post it correctly.

Exactly. The way the "e" call works now, basically the tech panel is telling the judges "Think carefully about what you saw on that takeoff edge and how you want to score it. We checked the replay, and it did not look clearly correct to us."

3. used2skate

used2skate New Member

Did anyone see Rachel this weekend? I heard she scored around 103 which is pretty good for an early season event.

4. falling_dance

falling_dance ToT Thread For Sale

Unfortunately, that's 103.93 over both phases of competition.

short program (40.26; one deduction)

and

free skate (63.67; one deduction)

5. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:(

6. sk8indel

sk8indel Member

7. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

8. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

Uh no place to go but up this season for Rach. And why does she have an assignment at SA again?

9. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Surely that assignment will be reviewed in light of this result?

10. toddlj

toddlj Livestreams at 1am on Thanksgiving weekend? OK!

Oh my. All doubles except one 3F with negative GOE? And only one 2A which she fell on? Oh my. Skate America is less than a month away.

I don't suppose Mirai is ready?

11. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

I'm sure Mirai is ready since she has a international competition eariler in the month; however, do we really think Rachael will be giving up that assignment even if she has no business being there. Nope. :blah::2faced:

12. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

ITA. I also thought that overall, the quality of her skating has improved and was far more musical and animated.

13. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

14. icellist

icellist Member

Who's the first lady substitute for SA? Perhaps Mirai may get her second GP or Joelle Forte again (doubtfully since she's not in the ISP - but should be after her pretty good summer competition results).

All the senior ladies have 2 assignments already except for Rachael Flatt (attending) and Alissa Czisny (recovering). Or a junior girl can get their senior debut like Yasmin Siraj or Vanessa Lam (Cesario is definitely getting a second assignment before Lam will, and Lam's done a complete junior season already). But I'm not really thinking the junior to senior idea very seriously.

15. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

Hope Rachael has learned from Worlds last year and withdraws if she is unprepared or injured. I will be :mad: if she shows up like this and places dead last.

16. feraina

feraina Well-Known Member

I don't think skaters can do both JGP and SGP -- so no Vanessa Lam at SA for sure. It would be really nice if Mirai could get a second assignment though... she looked pretty strong this summer. Definitely in much better shape than Rachael.

17. icellist

icellist Member

Yea, I really do hope Mirai gets SA because she might not be able to make it to CoC with her dual citizenship with Japan. Her safety might be a concern at the event. (And I prefer her as a skater and needs every event possible!)

I believe the rule is that if a skater skates senior at an event. They are forced to stay as senior for the rest of the season and career. (unless they switch from singles to pairs/dance)

18. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Oh dear. I thought we were done with Flatt? Ugh I hope they replace her for SA

19. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

... Why do people always think skaters are injured when they skate horrendously?

20. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Hopefully USFSA has learned and makes the decision for her.

If there was no weird, flukey explanation for that score, then I question what is the point of "monitoring" the International Pool skaters?

21. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Well, SA is not quite like worlds where performance determines next year's spots, so not a big deal IMO if she goes.

Not sure what happened with her at this event, but I think one thing is now clear: She has already peaked as a skater.

22. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

Didn't Rachael do test skates at champ's camp? If so, I assume the usfsa is aware of her current level of skating.

23. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

Injured or not I'm hoping that Rachael gets replaced for SA. She "earned" the spot by placing 6th at Nationals, but a more prepared skater should be given the opportunity. Plus I mean other than the fact that she barely broke 100, If she were to go and place last at SA I don't even want to start thinking of the amount of venom that will start getting fired her way :(

24. jlai

jlai Title-less

USFS isnt known for passing over skaters though. We've seen this time and time again (and the heated discussions the past few seasons when this happened)

25. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I would pull Nagasu out of Cup of China and give her Flatt's Skate America spot.

26. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

Right. I've never known the USFSA to pull skaters out of GP events once they've been assigned.

27. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Although sometimes skaters pull out at convenient times. Remember 4CCs last season?

28. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

It has to be. Otherwise USFS is not doing their job. But then the question is why would Rachael humiliate herself at SA? She won't. There will be a replacement I am sure. I'm waiting for the "Rachael is injured, can't compete until US Nationals" note in the news.

29. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Well, she placed 10th and 9th at her GPs last season.

30. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

Well at least she didn't pull an Alissa and fall five times. I hope that she isn't injured, but this isn't good with SA about a month away.