U.S. Figure Skating reprimands, fines Rachael Flatt

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Maybe someone could start a thread on Tom Zakrajsek? I think it may be time for this thread to be put out of its misery...

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  2. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

^ You may be right.

3. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Should the Tom Z. thread also include opinions of his hair?

4. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

That may be a perfect spin off thread for the trash can ;)

5. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

Are we allowed to speculate about his sexuality? :slinkaway

6. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Non.
    Only his hair, reprimands or lack thereof, what colors he should wear, how slow he is, if he's a criminal, and if his parents are well off financially will be discussed.
    :kickass:

7. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Excuse me, we can't discuss his grades? ;)

8. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Why, yes you may.

9. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I don't find Rachael dull at all and I am considered one of the most exciting men in the world :cool: . Let's make an agreement not to end this thread until Rachael announces her new coach or not and we get to discuss that.

Does anyone know if the Olympic doctor she was working with gave her the ok to skate with her injury?

10. fan5

fan5 New Member

(post 126)

This might be the rule Rachael supposedly broke. Phil Hersh quoted the first third in his updated article, leaving the remaining sentences which detract from his case live linked, clauses which support the skater (at ISU Worlds) even though injured no matter the severity.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  11. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Was there any truth to that rumor that someone saw Tom Z packing his things at the rink into a box?

12. olifaunt

olifaunt New Member

You'd think that if there was any truth to it, Max Aaron and Alex Johnson would announce that they were changing coaches.

13. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

:watch:

14. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Some things never change. :rolleyes:

15. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Any word on a coach for Rachael? We're creeping into mid-July here and I haven't seen any news. She will be quite busy with classes starting sometime in August, so I'd assume she's focusing on getting her skating life together now.

Also, anyone know if she's already in CA? Sorry, if this has been addressed already

16. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

She needs to be more organized than ever before to make Skating/Stanford work. Will she do the exact same programs in 2011-2012?

17. olifaunt

olifaunt New Member

She's got a new long program choreographed by Lori Nichol and (I think) Bob Emerson.

18. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Stanford classes don't start until after mid-September, think they go until mid-June.

I think her whole family is moving back to Cal (?), so maybe they aren't ready to go yet, therefore her choice of a new coach is secret until she gets there.

19. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Can we please discuss Rachael's plans in the Rachael's plans thread? That's where I cross-posted and replied to olympics's post yesterday (Stanford, her new long program choreographed by Nichol, etc. are all being discussed there as well).

20. fan5

fan5 New Member

Phil Hersh wrote in his article that the email came from the "board". The board publishes "reports of actions", the last after their June 6th meeting http://www.usfsa.org/content.asp?menu=leadership&id=443 where there's no mention of a sanction regarding Rachael. I'm guessing Hersh's inquiry would have gone through the board's rules, grievances and ethics committees and then their findings presented to the full board of directors, then an action taken, or not. Might the board have had a special interim meeting?