U.S. Figure Skating reprimands, fines Rachael Flatt

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Was there any truth to that rumor that someone saw Tom Z packing his things at the rink into a box?
  2. olifaunt

olifaunt New Member

You'd think that if there was any truth to it, Max Aaron and Alex Johnson would announce that they were changing coaches.
  3. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

:watch:
  4. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Some things never change. :rolleyes:
  5. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Any word on a coach for Rachael? We're creeping into mid-July here and I haven't seen any news. She will be quite busy with classes starting sometime in August, so I'd assume she's focusing on getting her skating life together now.

Also, anyone know if she's already in CA? Sorry, if this has been addressed already
  6. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

She needs to be more organized than ever before to make Skating/Stanford work. Will she do the exact same programs in 2011-2012?
  7. olifaunt

olifaunt New Member

She's got a new long program choreographed by Lori Nichol and (I think) Bob Emerson.
  8. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Stanford classes don't start until after mid-September, think they go until mid-June.

I think her whole family is moving back to Cal (?), so maybe they aren't ready to go yet, therefore her choice of a new coach is secret until she gets there.
  9. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

Can we please discuss Rachael's plans in the Rachael's plans thread? That's where I cross-posted and replied to olympics's post yesterday (Stanford, her new long program choreographed by Nichol, etc. are all being discussed there as well).
  10. fan5

fan5 New Member

Phil Hersh wrote in his article that the email came from the "board". The board publishes "reports of actions", the last after their June 6th meeting http://www.usfsa.org/content.asp?menu=leadership&id=443 where there's no mention of a sanction regarding Rachael. I'm guessing Hersh's inquiry would have gone through the board's rules, grievances and ethics committees and then their findings presented to the full board of directors, then an action taken, or not. Might the board have had a special interim meeting?