Tyra Banks attends Harvard Business School

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by orbitz, Mar 16, 2011.

1. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I didn't know that Tyra Bank is currently attending Harvard Business School. She was on The Talk today, and she talked a little bit about it. Good for her. I'm impressed.

2. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Well, sort of, it's a mini course if I am not mistaken.

3. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

According to her Wikipedia page (not the best source but not the worst) it's a series of 3 3-week sessions. College degrees and standardized test scores are not required and no degree is given upon completion.

4. a56

a56 New Member

It costs $31,000 per year to attend three weeks per year for three years. :eek: This is the particular program she's attending at Harvard - the Owner/President Management Program, designed for executives from companies with annual revenues of at least five million dollars. Here's an article about Tyra.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  5. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Still, good for her for getting more education. She could easily sit back and just count her millions by now.

6. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

It's a certificate program that just about anyone with money or corporate sponsorship (in this case, her own) can do.

HBS also offers degrees, like the regular MBA program, that are actually selective about admissions.

7. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Perhaps such a course is useful when you've got millions to manage as well as several very large enterprises on the go. And it's a way to expand your network and forage for new opportunities.

8. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

I'd say so. Good for her.

Who cares if the programme let's in anyone with money? She's chosen to get more education, and I think that's great.

9. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

10. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

Tyra's been making the talk show rounds all week. In addition to The Talk, she also appeared on Late Night With Jimmy Kimmel and a television magazine show on my local CBS station. Good for her. I have to say that lately she's been looking like model Tyra from back in her Sports Illustrated/Victoria's Secret days.