TX Fair Deep Fried Food Finalists

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by sk9tingfan, Sep 5, 2011.

1. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:shuffle: wweelllll ..... me thinks that the deep fried butter sounds very tasty and I wishes I could try some. :inavoid:

:p

3. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

So would I but, apply directly to hips! :)

4. Norlite

Norlite New Member

I saw this on The View last week. Sounded horrible, looked horrible but they said it tasted great.

One vendor said he makes so much during the three weeks of the Fair, he doesn't work the rest of the year.

That's a lot of grease.

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

The deep fried Texas salsa sounds really good ...

6. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

It's actually bubble gum flavored marshmallow that is dipped in batter and lightly fried. So it actually sounds better than frying actual bubble gum :)

7. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

It really is a different country.

8. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I'd be curious to try that since I now know it's a marshmallow.

I agree that the salsa sounds really good. The pineapple upside down cake really appeals to me as well.

9. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Fair food: there's a reason Fair comes but once a year. (Actually best thing I had at the county fair this year was a steak tip dinner. $9! Enough I had leftovers for lunch the next day!) I passed on the deep fried Twinkie, though. Had a funnel cake.

The deep-fried "salsa" (actually just sounds like vegetables in a ball) sounds really good, actually...

10. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Went for the first time to the Reno rib cookoff a few days ago (yes, have been living here for years and years and never been; don't eat pork and don't like crowds). Had fried pickles and fried green tomatoes with a friend (the pickles were awesome; the tomatoes, not much flavor, the dang the dipping sauces were good)

11. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I had a deep fried twinkie at the MN state fair this year. :shuffle: My friends and I split it, but it was surprisingly delicious. I think my heart cried though.

12. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I tried deep-fried oreos last year. They were actually not in fact bad, though like beignets the powered sugar was kind of messy. But I think I'm STILL full. So I feared the twinkie this time and went for a funnel cake instead.

13. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I'd like me some of that deep fried pineapple upside down cake, or Autumn Pie!