Two Michelles

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by attyfan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

2. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

They're so inspirational and influential :swoon:

3. query5

query5 New Member

i agree,
    i also think it is because the are nominated again for the President Fitness Council, not sure when the first term expired.
    but this one is more about Michelle Obama's Let Move and the program to help kids stay healthy and fit.

4. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Two great women for one great cause :)

5. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

Absolutely! :respec:

6. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

Amazing. I love them both. <3

7. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I don't know about this cause. But the picture is beautiful. Both Michelles are great.

8. query5

query5 New Member

yes, plus dominque dawes, allisyon felix, carl edwards, drew brees.

but check out the www.fitness.gov site. i think parents and kids will like it.
    it has michelles let move video, plus a cute dominque dawes, and drew brees and Mrs. Michelle Obama.
    those videos make me want to get up and move and i am not the targeted audience.
    i think kids will like it.

9. query5

query5 New Member

question

can someone tell me why, USTAF is promoting Allyson Felix has a write, Carl Edwards has a write up, Dominque dawes, Dree Brees,Billie Jean King has a write that either their sport such as NFL is promoting the Presidential Fitness Council and they have a member of the sport in it. But US figure skating isn't.

I doubt if Scott, Kristi, Tara, Sarah , Sasha was named it would be ignored.It would be lamblasted she how they are doing.
    Yes this might be her 2nd time, but still, she got nominated again for it.
    The President didn't have to name her again.
    Congratulations to the press for writing it up and Focusing on it .
    but still even though michelle isn't competitive skating anymore you would think that this would help skating stay in "good way".
    They allowed johnny and evan spats, promoted it in fact.
    USFSA wants bad press, when Michelle brings in a bit of good press, they ignore it and her.
    but alas no ogm -no write up.
    then they wonder why no one in U.s pays attention.
    Heck if they don't pay attention to Presidential nominations /appointments that include figure skaters,why should the public care about the sport.

10. Indra486

Indra486 Well-Known Member

^^ Michelle Kwan has a pleasant write up under Billie Jean King in the Council Member section. Look again. :rolleyes:

11. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Wow, what a nice photo. Michelle looks so grown up! Glad to see her working on a great cause :)