Twizzles

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by C_T_T_, Oct 6, 2010.

1. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

Anybody know where I can find a diagram of a twizzle tracing? I'm struggling to tell if I'm really twizzling or just 3turning. One way feels twizzlish but the other is definately 3turns. I only started working on these today so I'm not expecting to beable to do them yet but if anybody has tips they would be most welcome.
  2. LLOS

LLOS New Member

I do them for about a year (inside) and I can do 2 revolutions on the left foot but on the right just one rev. so far. They do look like 3turns on the ice but they are smaller...the difference is at the twizzles you always turn on the middle of the blade and at the 3 turn on the front, if turning from forward to backward, and from backward to forward on the back of the blade...I hope I got that right....
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  3. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

If you can't find one, pm me next Monday and remind me to do one and take a picture of it for you. That's the next time I will have clean ice.
  4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

One thing you shouldn't do when twizzling is use the knee pumping action to generate the turn. That is one of the differences between travelling threes and twizzles.

There is an ISU Synchro DVD which has a lot of the information about the turns, with demonstrations about what good turns look like but also bad turns.
  5. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

If you can that would be great. Actually, the obvious thing to do would be to video myself if I can find a time when its not too busy.
  6. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

Yeah that makes sense, thanks.
  7. purple skates

To me, a twizzle feels like an in balance travelling spin, if that makes any sense.
  8. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

Oh well I should be good at it then since my spins go from one end of the rink to the other! :lol:
  9. purple skates

:lol:

However, the twizzle doesn't feel out of balance like the spin does. :p
  10. LLOS

LLOS New Member

The hard thing about twizzles is to center them to get the 2nd revolution and so on, I fall off it often because I am not standing straight. When spinning and you're not straight, you start to travel but you don't really fall off....
    At this video you see me doing twizzles (at the end) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awg78a9tOC0