TV Shows Cancelled, Renewed, and New - US Network TV Upfronts

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by GarrAarghHrumph, May 7, 2010.

1. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

sniffle...sniffle... thank you, I feel better now, but it only delays my pain. :lol:

2. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

:cheer2:

I came here looking for this info b/c I was worried after seeing the last show of the season - it seemed to be an ending type of show...

Hope my guilty pleasure Ghost Whisperer can get picked up somewhere else - maybe on ScyFy (or however they spell that nowadays!).

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I used to love ghost whisperer but after Melissa's husband died and came back in somone else's body I stopped watching. Just did not seem the same after that. To besides, the whole show is about helping the dead move on but her own husband gets to stay, resume their relationship and have a kid with her.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:watch: How did I miss this show?

5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I've missed most of this season of GW, but I think going 5 years forward was a mistake. I was on board with the whole Jim's dead/Jim's still around/she's marrying someone else that's really Jim last season (even though I didn't like it initially), but it bugs that there is no longer any reference to the fact that "Jim" is really a different body now. I didn't notice anyone calling him by the other name (I can't remember it now)...Grandview is a small town - did everyone just accept that the crazy ghost lady in town got her new guy to assume her dead husband's name? :lol:

The finale seemed kind of series finale-ish, and based on the quality of the episode, I'm ok with it being gone. The problem with introducing a kid that young as a major part of the story is that the plot and writing becomes extremely basic. That chain of passed over kids of light illuminating the whole town and banishing the shadows forevah!...well, it was lame.

Medium's ep also seemed like it could have been a series ender but it was really well done. The only problem I see is - how will they top it whenever the show really does come to an end?

6. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

The Ghost Whisperer has lost a step but I think CBS treated the show poorly. If they were gonna cancel the show, they should've given the creators time to make an actual series finale.

7. JAF

JAF Well-Known Member

I saw an ad on NBC, I think, for Law and Order Los Angeles -Hooray :)

8. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

Watched the finale last night......I was nervous that it was a show ending finale.

9. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

10. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about "Numbers".
    I never thought that the long-anticipated wedding would be the finale!

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I watched it last night too! It was kind of weird for a season finale, but hopefully it will set next season up to be great!

12. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Well, CBS did the same thing with Joan of Arcadia, which they replaced with Ghost Whisperer!

13. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

14. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Is that show about the tiny facial and body expressions being renewed? I can't for the life of me remember the name, but I loved it!

Bones' finale seemed like it definitely wasn't renewed...I love Bones, but I am surprised they ended the season as they did if it's continuing.

15. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I was sorry to see "Cold Case" go as my niece worked on it. The good news is she is starting on "The Whole Truth" (ABC, new this fall) next month. http://abc.go.com/shows/the-whole-truth

"The Whole Truth" will star Rob Morrow from "Numbers" He seems to have a knack of landing on his feet.

16. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Lie to me?

17. BlueAranjuez

BlueAranjuez New Member

because people like me love it! :lol:

18. Angelskates

That's it! Is it coming back?

19. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

Angelskates yes it has :)

20. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I thought it was renewed for two more seasons. Agree though that it was a terrible finale...

21. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Perhaps they were hedging their bets in case they didn't get renewed? After all they must have finished taping some time ago and maybe they wanted to have some type of conclusion just in case - then if they got renewed it was more like a bit of a cliff-hanger - as in How will they all get back together again after this?

22. Angelskates

Lie to Me is BACK :cheer2:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  23. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I never saw this the first time around but caught the Sunday marathon before the new season. I'm hooked now.

24. Angelskates

I find it fascinating.

25. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Any word on Damages from FX? Last I heard, Sony television was hoping to broker a deal to have episodes show on Direct TV before they play it on FX much like Friday Night Lights.

I really hope that show continues. It's one of the best acted shows on television right now.