TSL's interview with Jeff Buttle

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vr6_rb7iRc
  2. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

great job! I love their interviews they should stick to that, and leave the This and That stuff:cold:

Anyone knows what does he say about Stephane Lambiel at the end? I couldn't get that
  3. halffull

halffull Well-Known Member

I agree robinhood. Great interview. I too found the link cut in and out a bit. I missed several things Jeff said. But what I got was really good. He's so well spoken!
  4. Npmskate

Npmskate New Member

I really enjoy the interviews from Jenny and David. I especially love the this and that chat, I look forward to it every Sunday.
    Dr.Siouxs and (deleted member) like this.
  5. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

I think he said "spin" but I'm not sure.
    And did he say "helmet" for Mira Leung? :rofl:

Great interview, as always. I love TSL format. Too bad the sound was of such poor quality for Jeff.

I haven't watched any of his performances lately so I loved seeing those wonderful highlights of his programs. What a great skater.
  6. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

Arent Stephane and Jeffy good friends>?
  7. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

I wonder how TSL will evolve in the future now that their attempt to obtain a "media," or "press," credential from USFS has been summarily denied recently.

Aunt Joyce went too far in that blog, Dave went too far in another skating blog and now USFS recognized that the "This and That" and interview segments of their program do not constitute journalism or sporting news. Therefore, as they are not yet journalists, and I doubt Dave Leese ever will be, they were not afforded a credential by the skating body of which they are members.

Do you think this response from USFS will affect their functioning, and will skaters, coaches, etc. now avoid TSL?
  8. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

It would be nice if this thread could be focused on the Jeff Buttle interview - maybe a separate thread could be started about that topic?
  9. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

I doubt skaters will avoid TSL but I suspected from their first show that Dave's association with it and the things he wrote on aunt Joyce (some he deleted) might harm the show's credibility. I understand that Jenny is loyal to her friend but I actually think the show would be improved with just one interviewer format. I don't think their chemistry is particularly interesting that the show going solo would miss anything. It won't happen but just my two cents.
  10. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

This was one of the better interviews from TSL. Loved the highlights too!
  11. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

2007 worlds was the most important of his career and the whole 2006-2010 and they completely skip over it!! There he was headed for a medal and was really the only skater in that competition harmed by the fall on UR quad and get no points whatsoever!! Then he never even tried one again! And that became the whole template for success in skating the next two years! 3/5 layout never try a quad at all. Did he get from 2007 and being the only one hurt by the fall on UR quad get no points never to even try one again? He was headed towards a medal possibly a win in 2007!! Then he got nothing! So did "buttle rule" of strategically falling on quads to get a lot of points ended by the COP revisions that left him with no points in the FS on his fall < quad?

Now quads are back because they have value again. It's not a different set of skaters LOL. All the main contenders except Hanyu were in Vancouver and doing no quads in the SP and maybe on in the LP. Skaters learned from 2008-2010 you need to have a good program? But quads also were way too risky to even do? As the Buttle performance in 2007 showed and how he won in 2009! And then Lysacek never did a quad in international competition again. One try in 2010 US nationals FAll on UR and no points?

I think the most important was completely left out because he stopped even trying and lots of other stopped even trying quads.
  12. museksk8r

museksk8r Well-Known Member

I seriously <3 Jeff, so this is a real treat; he's too adorable! Many thanks to Jenny and Dave for the interview! :D
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  13. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

This could have been worded better. It sounds like he pokes them with a branding iron or bites them like Dracula :p
    gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  14. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

:rofl:

Really enjoyed the interview!
  15. unicorn

unicorn Member

Most north american skaters usually are very professional, Michelle Kwan, Kurt Browning, Buttle, they are quite friendly to almost all the people, fans, colleagues, unless they both confirm that they are good friends, you can't tell if they are good friends.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  16. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

In a tour, most people are very professional and friendly to everybody, regardless of being north american, asian or european...I suppose
  17. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

So obviously such a warm and wonderful person. A shame the video on his end was not the highest quality.
  18. Quintuple

Quintuple papillon d'amour

I really wanted to listen to this more, but had to stop after a few minutes because of the quality. Frustrating.