True Blood

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by screech, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orable

Orable New Member

Love thei opening credits and think their soundtrack is genius :)

I missed that line! I'll have to re-watch (what a hard life) the ep soon.

Alexander Skarsgaard is nummy. I'd like to see Eric get all kinds of action this season and be naked. A lot. :grope:

2. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

That is what I wanted to know. Thanks...

3. shiningstar

shiningstar New Member

I was annoyed last night for the first time that they didn't follow the storyline from the books! I wasn't impressed by the healing of Sookie scene! I'm clearly messed up in the mind, but I much prefer the book's licking scene than the burning and picking through Sookie's skin while she screams and vomits scene that the schow did. Any thought on last night's episode?

4. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

I haven't read the books yet so maybe I see it in a different perspective. I really enjoyed the episode. I'm finally starting to feel sorry for Jessica and the way Bill isn't really guiding her. I was glad to see Jessica and Hoyt "hook up".

Favorite quote - "This is so embarrassing, I'd die if I wasn't already dead." - Jessica, when her fangs popped out unintentionally. :lol:

Spoiler if you didn't see it yet. Show Recap of 6/28 episode: http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlastnight/2009/06/true-blood-1.html

5. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I just watched last night's episode. I Think it was the best of the season so far :) Loved Jessica and Hoyt getting together. That was so sweet, and I'm interested to see what is up with Daphne, and the people going nuts at Maryanne's.

6. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it and thought it went by too fast. I liked the healing scenes and thought they were really well done. My favourite line was Eric's "they were great pumps."

Spoilery speculations
    Anyone else thing that Daphne may be a shapeshifter/were of some sort? She obviously healed from the same kind of attack Sookie had (though not perfectly). My first thought was that she was the other dog, but when she appeared she was fully clothed, so maybe not, but I think there's gotta be some sort of supernaturality.

Love Jessica and Hoyt. Actually, just love Jessica now.

And will they just get the Jason/Sarah hookup scene over with already? Enough with the entendres "Sarah doesn't just whip her pudding out for anyone..."

7. AliasJohnDoe

I want Jason back to being the "himbo" he was last season.

Season 2: 3rd episode, and Jason still has his clothes on. :wall:

8. screech

Well, he was at least shirtless when he was in bed...

I just want some naked Eric! I'd rather see him shirtless than Sam... less Sam moobs, more Eric!

9. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Though I haven't watched True Blood as much as I'd like to, I have enjoyed watching the film crews run around the streets of my town with their cameras. The first season was pretty funny because they'd have their camera equipment on the back of a flat bed trailer and our police officers were having to hold up traffic while they flew around filming some of the scenes. I actually thought they were going to lose their camera equipment one evening when they turned on a curve of one of the small streets located downtown.

One evening when I got off work, I got to watch the crew filming some scenes just around the corner from where I work across the street from the courthouse, but I couldn't go inside to watch the filming. They also used the exterior for what used to be a confederate hospital in Mansfield for Bill's mansion. They also did a lot of filming in Shreveport. It was pretty exciting and it was the second time they used my town for filming. The first time was with the production of The Great Debaters.

Anyway, I want to share a pdf file I found that gives some history about the mansions and other locations used for the filming of True Blood throughout Louisiana.

http://www.true-blood.pl/img/BTS-design.pdf

10. AliasJohnDoe

Question - Was that Daphne standing by the tree sucking down the bottle of red wine as Tara went into the house wrapped in a white towel after she got out of the hot tub? I've watched it 3 times and still don't know if it's really her. And if it is, what is she doing at Maryann's?

11. screech

I don't think it was, and I think it was just a random girl drinking some red wine actually. Daphne has been seen at the restaurant during the daytime, hasn't she? I think that shot was just to show the black cloudiness in the eyes. But I could be wrong.

12. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Just caught up with this week's episode. I'm trying to pretend I haven't read the books so I'm not going, wtf is that? I'm just waiting for some Eric hotness next season.

13. screech

rfisher, I read somewhere an interview with Alexander Skarsgard (Eric) where he said something like 'we'll get to see more sides of Eric this season, including his naked side.' I'm hoping that wasn't just a tease, cause I'm hoping for it!

And I love that the show doesn't completely follow the books - it leaves something unknown for the readers and keeps cliffhangers going with us too. Genius!

ETA no new episode this week. Next new one is on July 12. Here's the preview for the next episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9KU8-58OG0

14. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Never saw an episode, but just got Season 1 on DVD for the long 4th of July weekend.

Here's hoping its delicious!

15. rfisher

They better not try to hook Eric up with Lafayette. :mad: Lafayette can hook up with Eggs if he's looking for a hot new man.

16. screech

Spoilery... info from books and an interview
    In the books we learn that Eric has been with men - Eric was 'made' by a man who was interested in men, so Eric had to have sex with him (as a 'maker' can't be disobeyed) and he says he learned to like even that. So if they go by the books, Eric is somewhat bisexual, though his preference is women.

In an spoilers before the season started it was stated that Eric was going to have a homoerotic encounter with a (nameless) character. I've also read in an interview that Lafayette will be drinking Eric's blood next week, and that apparently it comes across rather sexual on screen (though Nelsan Ellis - Lafayette says that when he was filming he was just thinking that he hated Eric). So we'll see. Also, Eric has been a bit flirty with Lafayette so far.

I think they're going to end up building up for an Eric/Sookie pairing eventually, if they go by the books, so a Lafayette encounter could potentially spoil that. However, they might just do it for the heck of it.

In any case, I'll take my naked/semi-naked/sexual Eric any way I can get him. And if it happens to be in a way that brings the sassiness back to Lafayette, then I won't complain about that either.

17. rfisher

Yes, but my fantasy needs to picture Eric with me. Sookie is closer to me than Lafayette. :lol:

18. jen_faith

jen_faith New Member

Somewhere out there I read that Alan Ball is saying that some spoilers on the web are incorrect (shocker, I know). Maybe this is the case with the supposed upcoming
    homoerotic encounter between Lafayette and Eric.
    However, given this particular spoiler is supposed to have originated with the actor that plays Lafayette, I have my doubts that it is an untrue one.

I am not opposed to
    homoerotic encounters
    per se on tv nor do I particularly mind Alan Ball's deviations from the books. In this particular case, however, I am just not happy. It strays too far from the main thread running through all the books: the eventual
    Eric/Sookie relationship
    . However, in Club Dead (book 3 I think)
    Eric does go off and hook up with a male vampire at the King of Mississippi's mansion
    so there is precedent, I guess. Still, in the books, Eric is almost relentlessly
    heterosexual in his pursuit of Sookie

:eek:I feel like such a geek knowing this much detail about such a cheezy series... oh well, summer fluff, I guess

19. rfisher

Yes. And in the books it was acknowledged that Eric was made by a male vamp but the focus was on he and Sookie. All that was off screen as it were. It would completely change the dynamics of the relationship for it to be on screen. IIRC, the incident in MS was not sexual. The King of MS is homosexual but has a human consort. Now, I'm going to have to reread that book. It was one of my favorites. I'm still :wuzrobbed we're not going to have Bubba.

20. jen_faith

jen_faith New Member

When Eric/Leif is in the King of MS mansion, after Sookie has been staked and more or less healed (and after she and Eric have a close encounter spoiled by Bubba...wheeeee), they decide they have to go get a car with a big trunk to stash the rescued Bill in. Eric says the only way for Eric to get back into the mansion compound is take take the short homosexual vampire up on his offer to "share his coffin" for the night. Eric later returns to Sookie with something that looks like a hickey on his neck.

I told you I was a geek :eek:

21. jen_faith

jen_faith New Member

For those who can't resist being completely and utterly spoiled for the season, episode synopses are available here . I think the synopsis for the finale is missing, however, rumour has it that
    Charlaine Harris (the author of the book series) has a cameo role in the last episode.

22. rfisher

:lol: He sacrificed himself for the greater good.

23. jen_faith

jen_faith New Member

Yeah, it seems he's a sucker (ha ha) for a pretty face!

Anyway, I think some of the viral marketing for the show is fairly clever

24. screech

Though I haven't seen it, one of the actresses (I think it's Deborah who plays Jessica) said in an interview that the True Blood drink (what the actors drink that's supposedly a delicious raspberry puree) is available to buy in some supermarkets. I so wish I could find some and try it!

25. rfisher

OMG are you going to be a fake fangbanger? :lol: Will you ask for B+?

I wonder how much CH made selling the rights to HBO? I've been less than impressed with her non-Sookie books (although I always support a fellow Arkansan :cheer2: ) I find it highly amusing that she sold the Sookie rights and Janet Evanovich can't get a buyer for Plum.

26. screech

I would so be a fangbanger if vampires were 'out of the coffin.' Especially if they looked like Eric and were polite like Bill. Mmmm. Yeah, I'd pretty much be Ginger (the Fangtasia human worker).

But according to the actors, the bottled drink is delicious and Deborah (Jessica) said it was hard to look like she was disgusted by it. Supposedly the 'real' blood is not quite as appetizing though (kinda opposite of the show!)

27. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

28. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

It has not been confirmed that
    that we will get an Eric/Sookie hook up. One of the writers on the show mentioned that IF, IF it happens it won't be this season. Also, the writer said personally she would like a Sam/Sookie/Bill triangle, which was hinted at last season.

I think we book readers need to let go and let it happen.
    AB has not given us any moments for Eric/Sookie to connect and they is for a reason I think. He's cut some big moments.

29. rfisher

I'll still hope. They really didn't connect until the third book. I believe. I believe. I believe.

30. screech

I read that when asked about a S/E pair up, Stephen Moyer acted a bit jealous. It's also been hinted at by I think Alan Ball that fans of both pairings will be pleased and will be upset, so I think if the show keeps getting picked up (still no confirmation for a season 3, though it's very probable) they'll do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.