True Blood and Dead Ever After

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by pixie cut, May 9, 2013.

1. flutzilla1

flutzilla1 Well-Known Member

Well, that episode was weird.

Sookie wanting to get with Sam -- I agree with Sam's WTF reaction. I think this was a less-than-subtle jab at the dopey ending of the Sookie books. I like that the TB writers thought it was as stupid and improbable as most of the fans did. :scream::rolleyes::lol:

I still contend that TB is setting us up for a Bill/Sookieh reunion. I sure hope not, but the show's been shoving that narrative at us for 5 seasons and I don't think they are ready to give it up that easily.

I didn't like Eric much this episode. I wanted him to go after Warlow because he was jealous of him, not because it is a part of whatever crazy scheme he is planning.

Don't want or need the new vamp that has made Jason her pet. We barely get enough screen time with tried-and-true fan faves like Pam for the show to warrant more vamp characters.

Steve Newlin had better not die. I can take or leave James though. I still think their whole hook up was random and weird.

2. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

True Blood abandoned any romantic connection between Sookie and Sam around season two, so her going to him came off as extremely contrived. I get the notion -- that she's looking for a reason not to give herself to Warlow -- but Sam's reaction was perfect.

Watch the after show comments on HBO.com or at the end of the On Demand episode. The way the director referred to Sookie and Bill, at the very least there is the notion of them getting back together. Ridiculous.

At least Eric isn't dead yet, but there's certainly a big set up for him to die before this season is over.

The vamp with Jason is awful. Her accent switches up constantly. Her dialogue is awful.

I'd like to see Steve Newlin stake Sarah in the finale. That would be just desserts!

3. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I loved Eric's "I can flyyyyy". And He was very smart - it took him less than 24 hours to figure out where Warlow was and to get in to him. Bill's Warlow's maker and can't even do that. Plus Eric seemed to take barely any blood from fairy girl, since she was able to run perfectly fine afterwards. And loved his 'sorry to take that away from you' to the guy. Hehe, Eric knows how awesome second base is. But it's kind of creepy that fairy girl and Holly's son were getting it on, since her dad and his mom were in a relationship.

The True Blood lady was kick ass! She should have just taken off her heels, though. But crazy Sarah is awesome too.

And I completely think Steve will die. Eric will give his fairy laced blood to his family (and maybe Jessica), but not to Steve, who has completely f*cked them all.

Mona from Who's the Boss was replaced as Mrs. Bellefleur. But great to see Portia there. Though a continuity error last week - didn't Bill glamour Portia into running away screaming when she saw him? Last week he showed up at the Bellefleur mansion and she just sat in the other room with the kids. No running and screaming.

And now for, IMO, the stupidest part of the episode, and my biggest issue with the whole Warlow thing. Sookie has Bill's guarantee he won't kill Warlow. So why doesn't she just make a deal with Bill - Sookie brings Warlow to the human realm, and Bill 'as your makers' him into leaving Sookie alone. It's a win for everyone (but Warlow). I mean seriously, that is the easiest solution ever!

4. screech

Brian Buckner (the new Alan Ball) has released some teasers for the season finale that airs in just over a week (remember, this season is only 10 episodes, because of Anna Paquin's maternity leave). So, in the finale...

I'm guessing Eric will have sex with Willa. And that them teasing us with a 'certain body part', after the fact they'll probably say something like 'yeah, we saw his arm. that's a certain body part...' Though Alex has absolutely no issues with nudity, I doubt there'd be full frontal from a main character on the show.

5. pixie cut

Given what he said to Jason, I think it may be a Jason dream sequence. Or he'll have sex with Sookie and Warlow will find them and stake Eric. No speculation on the body part, but there's only one part of him we've never seen before so here's hoping.

6. screech

Yeah, it'll totally be a Jason dream sequence.

And they didn't mention that it was Alex's body part, just that we'd see a certain body part, and we did see it in last night's episode after he ripped it off the doctor.

IMO that was one of the best episodes in the history of the show. I really liked how well the 2 storylines worked together. I teared up at the memories of Terry. Though I was so over Caroline (grandma) really early on. No idea really why Alcide was there. If it was as a friend of Sam's, then he should have sat with Sam. But nice to see Jane Bodehouse, Maxine Fortenberry (and to get an update on Hoyt!) and Lettie Mae.

I rolled my eyes at the cheering over Bill emerging at the end. Loved Jason's showdown with Sarah. Pretty amazing to think he didn't shoot her, while he's got vampire blood in his system. And boo on them teasing us that Eric had had therapy sessions - those would have been great to see. Anyone else wondering where he went off to? Maybe the windy shithole in ├Âland? He'll probably end up returning in the very last scene of the season. But I guess his flying off explains why Alex wasn't in LA for the last month of shooting the season. My biggest disappointment was that Eric seemed to forget that he had a second child and a grandchild. And we barely saw Tara. And who were all the random vampires and why didn't they drink the True Blood?

And in Honolulu, were they destroying the blood (how would they know to?) or going to drink it?

Loved Steve's last words. And Eric's justification was pretty valid - Steve has been around any time someone he loves is taken from him.

GINGER!! Loved Eric's "I know that scream." She and Jason would be perfect together (their children would be so unintelligent, though).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. pixie cut

Don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen the finale yet, but I will confirm that Eric did show full frontal. Unfortunately, it wasn't in a particularly fun scene.

8. flutzilla1

Well, that was the biggest horse-turd of a season finale I have seen in a long time. I don't even know where to start!

Sookie and Alcide -- where the %#&$ did THAT come from? Didn't he spend most of the season trying to kill Sam, the guy she told a few eps ago she wanted to get with?!??? Willa and Tara hanging' at a party, unworried completely about a (possibly) dead Eric and missing Pam? Merlotte's is now Arlene's??? Warlow is all of the sudden a complete abusive psychopath? Talk about a super-convenient way to get rid of an actual, viable love interest for Sookie. Niall shows up for 3 seconds and is never seen again? Bill is now redeemed (for the 8000th time) and wants to get back with Sookie, AGAIN?

Were the writers drunk when they put this episode together? What a HUGE letdown after an otherwise great season.

I think TB is going to lose a lot of viewers next season since they made it appear Eric is dead. BTW what a horrible and stupid way to portray him possibly dying. His character deserved better than that.

9. screech

I've said WTF many times with this show, but seriously... WTF?

I've read many things about Alex's penis, and a lot of it not nice, just because he's uncut (which is the cultural norm in Sweden), and he wasn't erect. Seriously people!

I do think it's a sign that they didn't show him completely burning away - he probably managed to bury himself under the snow. But I don't think he'll be a regular next season, just a guest star.

The main reason I think Eric is still alive is because if he'd died, Pam would have felt it. And though she wasn't there, her pain would have caused a reaction in Tara. Also, Willa would have felt it too. Though for all I know, he'll have drank from a hep-infected human and be a zombie.

The Warlow stuff was ridiculous, as was Niall suddenly reappearing. But well done with the use of ABCD. The Alcide relationship was kind of stupid, but Sookie does need a bit of 'normal.' He better **** up at some point, though is it just me or did it seem like they were living together? And Joe Manganiello should never grow out his hair again.

10. pixie cut

As for Alexander Skarsgard's manhood, not only is he from Sweden, where circumcision isn't the norm, the character of Eric is 1,000 years old. It would be ridiculous if he were circumcised.

I loved that scene. Not for the sexy Swede, but because it was quintessentially Eric. He returned home to mourn his losses and contemplate his future. He was sunbathing nude in the middle of the snow. I found it an incredibly poetic scene. If he did, in fact, meet the sun, it was in perfect fashion. My guess is Pam swoops in and saves him. Great launching point for season six.

Sookie and Alcide have had a flirtation since season three. Being with him makes as much sense as her being with Sam, perhaps more. She seemed way more into Alcide than she ever did with Sam.

This show will never be as good as it was in seasons one, two and three, but I actually thought last night's finale was okay. Way better than season five.

11. screech

Regarding Alex...

It has been confirmed that he is returning as a regular next season, though not in what capacity. He will mainly have his own storyline going on, separate from Bon Temps, where Sookie will be in a bit of a triangle with Alcide and Bill (though I have no idea how he can redeem himself). I'm wondering if Alex's 'regular' status will be like the 'regulars' of Glee, like Dianna Agron, whose name was in the opening credits despite being in only like 2 episodes of an entire season. They also didn't confirm if he's 'alive' or if he'll be Godric-like.

Also, when they told Alex they were going to finalize his nude scene, his response was a simple 'no problemo.' Though many fans are in uproar over it, because it seems like they tried to use Alex's penis to placate us over the terrible episode. "We're completely abandoning any semblance of chractarization for this favourite character we've built up for 6 years, but don't be mad - here's his penis!"

And they are surprised with the outrage over what happened with Eric, though not surprised with the interest in Alex's penis. As Brian Buckner jokes, Alex 'knew the gift he was giving'.

Bit if I were Alex and knew the terrible episode that was coming, I'd probably be hiding out overseas too, avoiding it all. He was briefly back in the US, apparently filming a cameo for Eastbound and Down, and is now back in Sweden again.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  12. pixie cut

The spoiler regarding Alexander Skarsgard has been published in a couple of media outlets, so can we unspoiler it?

13. screech

Done :)

Brian Buckner was careful to say that he has not confirmed that Eric is 'alive'... He was really disappointed that they had to confirm Alex's return because of outcry, because they wanted to have sum semblance of surprise for the audience, but understands that this is the age we live in.

I've also heard rumours that Eric was supposed to really be dead, but after the outrage, they basically gave Alex whatever he wanted to come back. Brian also said in an interview that he and Alex discussed the scene and said that the burning up was for 'behind the scenes reasons', which I'm thinking is salary disputes. Or schedule disputes, because he's signed on to a Meryl Streep movie and Tarzan now (which is supposed to film in the spring).

On a non-Alex note, Brian has also said that Lettie Mae has no ulterior motive for feeding Tara.

14. flutzilla1

No Eric at all in BT, his and Sookie's relationship left permanently unresolved, and Sookie most likely ending up with Beeehhhhll (SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?):mad::rolleyes::scream::yikes:? NO. THANKS. Like many people I have seen online in various TB forums, I'll wait to see the Eric scenes posted on youtube next season. I'm done.

15. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Yeah, though if the actor WERE, there's not much they can do about it...they ran into that problem with HBO's "Rome", because a whole lot of actors whose characters should not have been circumcised were. Some things, though, it would be kind of hard to CGI...

16. pixie cut

Actually, stories swarmed around Rome claiming certain things had been digitally enhanced, which led James Purefoy to say in several interviews that what was on screen was exactly what he had. I think somewhere a producer or director actually admitted one or more images had been CGI'd. My thought it was when Atia was sending Servilia a certain gift, proclaiming a big one meant good luck.

17. screech

Happy 37th birthday to the man behind the penis!

He's still hanging out in Stockholm (he's been home for a few months now) and of course has had many rumours circulating about him in the last few months including that he's knocked up Ellen Page (or is her sperm donor), and is dating/sexing basically any female with whom he's spotted (most recently Alicia Vikander with whom he's been linked in the past).

And just because, Buzzfeed has made a list of the 36 best Eric Northman moments on True Blood. Remember when he used to wear track suits?

18. screech

HBO has confirmed that season 7 will be the last.

Sadly, I don't think they'll give the fans what they want. Brian Buckner has said that in season 7 we'll be going back to 'The Bill we all fell in love with' and that Sookie will need to learn to trust him again. Which I think means they're going to have Sookie and Bill end up together. Which is insanely stupid, especially because it seems like we won't get a satisfying Eric/Sookie resolution (since he'll be off doing his own thing).

Oh well. It's time for the show to end.

19. pixie cut

I had a sense season seven would be the end. Alan Ball dropped enough clues starting in season four. I don't know that Sookie will end up with Bill. Maybe she'll fall back in love with him and he'll meet the true death. She may just wind up like book Sookie, with Sam.

20. screech

I don't think they'll pull a Bookie on us. I think that scene at the end of the season was kind of a nod to the fans at their understanding of how much people hated how things ended in the books.

Since season 1 they've been all Bill/Sookie on us. Really, I don't think Bill could redeem himself at this point, but what scares me is Buckner (who's being nicknamed '****ner' now by fans) saying that Sookie has to LEARN TO TRUST BILL AGAIN. Yes, learn to trust the guy who had you beaten to an inch of your life, manipulated your emotions with his blood, raped you, drained you, lied to you repeatedly, told you to sacrifice your life, and was sent to procure you. Yup, you should trust him!

Meanwhile, we've gotten some sort of Sookie/Eric closure, though not satisfying. She said to him that she wants to be how she was way back in season 1 and he accepts that. They haven't really resolved things though - they still love each other!

****ner has said that this season Sookie will be in a love triangle with Bill and Alcide. No Eric anywhere in there. Here's hoping that Eric is off in Sweden, banging the locals and being snarky with Pam. And that maybe they remember they have children and they call Tara and Willa to them and they all hang out in Scandinavia, being awesome.

And the actress who plays Willa has been upgraded to series regular for season 7.

21. pixie cut

Got it. Read it. Takes less than an hour to go through it because it's very brief.

I am not even going to put in spoiler tags and post anything. I'll just say, it's pretty much as expected. I will say things go very well for Eric.

22. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Bumping this up. So with Alcide no longer in contention in the Sookie sweepstakes, is it anymore obvious the end game is Sookie/Bill?

23. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I definitely felt they were setting that up. Him being a "new vampire" and all that crap and her reading the diary which basically could have been her own words. Alcide even knew it but he didn't have to suffer with the thought long since he was dead by the end of the episode. I just don't like Bill anymore and so I can't be excited about them ending up together. My preferred ending would be her saying "f*ck all of this" and packing her shit and riding off into the sunset to some place else.

24. pixie cut

I don't really mind Sookie and Bill ending up together, but I do mind them killing off everyone else to get there.

25. screech

It's absolutely Sookie/Bill. Alan Ball has said that from the beginning. Bill is still a horrible ass who has used and abused the horrible Sookie from day 1. I used to want Sookie and Eric together, but Eric deserves so much better than her.

I'm so happy Alcide is gone. I never liked the character, and when I met Joe at Comic Con (the whole 15 seconds I was in front of him in the autograph line) he came across as a bit of a douche. Good riddance!

And can I just say, ASkars speaking French is pretty damn hot. I think the show has made Alex speak every language he knows (English, Swedish, French, German). I also have to say that I love how Eric's hair matches his moods. When he's fierce it's slicked back. When he's sad or vulnerable, it's floppy. And I really hope Alex asks for the most ridiculous wigs possible.

Loving Adilyn (though her crush on her possible future stepbrother is a bit icky). Love Willa. And absolutely adore the Reverend. I'm bored with James. Love that Jane Bodehouse actually has something to do that's not drunkenness. And also love that we got to see Maxine's end (and mentions of Hoyt!!)

flutzilla1 likes this.
  26. pixie cut

That this thread began last year and includes the final book in the Sookie Stackhouse series and seasons six and seven of True Blood and is still only at page five, shows very few people care. :(

The scenes between Sookie and Eric in the latest episode had incredible electricity. And who didn't love smart nerd Ginger? Is there any way Sookie can unglamour her?

flutzilla1 likes this.
  27. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I'm enjoying the season so far. They just better not kill off Jessica....or her hunky boyfriend James.

I still read her blog every week: http://www.babyvamp-jessica.com/

28. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

If I'm not forgetting something, this may be the first episode that could be rated PG-13 instead of R and that I could have watched with my middle school niece and nephew.

29. pixie cut

Bumping this thread up. I am finding this season completely morose. Does anyone else feel totally depressed after watching an episode?

I know the series has completely departed from the books, but damn, everyone didn't die in the books. This seems crazy. I am almost starting to dread each new episode.

30. pixie cut

Season/series heading toward the finish and no one commenting. Seems kind of sad.

The latest episode sees the inevitable Sookie/Bill reunion, but by all appearances it will be brief as Bill is about to die. Good, it felt creepy.

On the other hand, the Arlene/Keith scene was very sweet.

flutzilla1 likes this.