True Blood and Dead Ever After

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by pixie cut, May 9, 2013.

1. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

What is wrong with Jason? Do you think he might have a brain tumor?

The more I see of Ben, the more I think he's going to turn out to be a bad guy.

2. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I think that somehow Jason's illness is related to Warlow. How, I'm not quite sure yet (maybe he's a Warlow portal?) but it's related I think.

I think that Pam is being way too much of a bitch. I loved Pam in seasons 1-2 but then the show realized how popular her sarcastic bitchiness was and now they really overdo it to the point where I just plain hate it and can't sympathize with her.

Still loving Nora. And does anyone else think that the governor's daughter looks a lot like her? How long until she and Eric have sex? And that coffin scene was insanely sexy (even the episode's director said that it was possibly the most erotic scene he's shot).

Really not caring about the Sam and Alcide stuff. I've never liked Alcide (orJoe), though.

Loving Arlene!!

Anyone else hate that they always have to somehow try to redeem Bill? He was evil Billith but now it's so that he can save the vampire race and blah blah blah. Kudos to Sookie for shutting him down, but they'll probably be in love again by the end of the season.

Best part of the last episode: GINGER!!!! And Eric's promise that he'll come by and f**k her at some point (and that he keeps his promises).

3. flutzilla1

flutzilla1 Well-Known Member

Ok, I broke down and watched the first 4 episodes of this season. Surprisingly I am really liking it.

I still do NOT love Nora but I do agree that Willa (the gov's daughter) looks a lot like her. I would like her to get together with Eric, since clearly Sookie is never going to appreciate him properly, and she clearly would. :)

I hate hate HATE the way the show shoves Sookie/Bill down our throats. Why why why??? There is no logical reason why these two should or would ever get back together, and I don't think it would even be an issue were the actors not together in real life. Bill is completely unredeemable at this point and I think he is 100% responsible for what happened to the fairie kids and Jessica as capturing and keeping them was his dumb idea. I hope Andy kicks his butt next week 'cause he deserves it. Also, why would Sookie be thinking about Bill ALL THE TIME, so much so that Ben would overhear it in her head? I mean Sookie, BILL ALMOST KILLED YOUR BROTHER IN YOUR OWN HOUSE!!!!! Ugh. It makes me want to throw up. My husband is getting sick of hearing me say "those two cannot POSSIBLY get back together." I. just. DON'T. get. IT!!!!!!!

When did Alcide turn into such a jerk? He is making Book Alcide look like a saint in comparison. I really hate all the weres right now.

And for those who have not seen this week's episode:

I would so rather see a Sookie/Ben-Warlow pairing than a Bill/Sookie pairing!!! Who's with me?

4. pixie cut

For me, it's the character of Ricki (sp?). We're supposed to have some sort of affinity for her as Alcide's gf. What an worthless beatch. Even though Alcide is sort of a douche in the books, the weres aren't a bunch of lawless low lifes, which is how they're being depicted on TV. They live in shacks and none seem to have jobs. In the books, the leaders are pillars of society.

As for what was written in your spoiler tag, I'd say that coupling at least has some greater design. The former is just meaningless. I don't think it's being insinuated. Rather, it's simply placing everything in context.

5. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I don't think they are.

I'm assuming you're a fan of the books and of the Eric-Sookie pairing in particular.

Right now, it doesn't seem as if the show is doing much in terms of either of these pairings. It diminishes my enjoyment of what the show is (or is not) doing to read fan commentary that gets so angrily anti-Bill just to support a pro-Eric agenda. I don't think pairing either of these characters with Sookie is very relevant to the current state of the plot.

6. flutzilla1

I am a fan of the books, and am a fan of Eric-Sookie in the books. The show has completely ruined Eric-Sookie for me, though, to the point where I do not think it is feasible that they could ever be together. At this point I would rather see Eric with the governor's daughter, as at least she would appreciate him and actually choose him. Sookie's continued preoccupation and thoughts about Bill so far this season are completely unrealistic, IMO, as well as the whole redeeming Bill storyline another poster mentioned earlier that seems to be being followed by the writers this season. And I don't agree that the show is not dwelling on the Bill/Sookie thing -- just last episode (ep 3), for example, during her 'prayer' to Bill, Jessica even said that she thinks Sookie still loves him! :rolleyes: :scream:

7. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

The Jason/Ben shaving dream was hot....but hilarious. :rofl:

pixie cut and (deleted member) like this.
  8. pixie cut

I think the depth of Bill's betrayal is what's driving Sookie, not the desire to reunite with him. When he said, "You're dead to me," and she said, "I'm good with that," it was probably the best moment of season six so far. Loved the Jason/Ben dream. After Jason had Ben's blood I was fully expecting it, but it was still a hoot.

9. screech

Anna Paquin has recently said in interviews that Sookie/Eric is not necessarily done. But she's also said that just getting over both Eric and Bill would be difficult because there is genuinely a love for both. And despite the fact that Eric will likely be having sex with Ginger, Nora and Willa at some point this season, I don't think we've seen the last of Eric/Sookie. Remember though, to Sookie it's been only a few months since she found out about bill (a year longer than that to everyone else). You don't just get over your first love with the snap of your fingers, no matter the reason the relationship fell apart. Just like you could see, during the giving back the house scene, that she still loves Eric.

I think that Season 6 has been really well done so far. I'd put it in my top 3 seasons of the show (after 1 and 3 and before 4 and 5).

The Ben/Warlow reveal was (to me) a surprise but then I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it - it was so obvious. Like his 'vampire attack' - where was the blood? Kudos to Sookie for not hesitating to get him, though kind of rolled my eyes (but also thought she kicked ass) with using her feminine wiles to get him.

Jason's dream was hilarious and his talking to Niall about it too.

Is anyone else wondering why Andy has not approached Sookie for any advice about the quadruplets?

And I agree that Alcide is a major douchenozzle.

More Arlene please! And love the Ginger. I'd love to see those 2 hanging out lol. Nothing makes a TB episode more than Ginger screams.

10. screech

Also, forgot to mention the absolute BEST part of the episode. The convenience store clerk was the same one as from the very first scene from the first ever episode of the show.

11. pixie cut

It's mentioned in the post show comments on HBO.com. Their nod to all that's happened in the series, but he's still at the convenience store. :)

12. pixie cut

This week's episode was the first that made me feel a bit inspired about this season. The scenes with Pam and the therapist were great. Seeing Warlow's back story, all the things at vamp camp and Andy and Holly taking care of his one surviving daughter were all good story telling. Welcome back, True Blood...at least for one week.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. screech

I was rolling my eyes at the sex scenes. Jason looked like he was just jumping on the bed and when Lilith/Warlow started having sex I actually wondered how he went from 'who are you' to raring and ready to go in 0.3 seconds. And the sex was bad. lol.

As I've said, Pam annoys me now, but the therapy sessions were good. And loved Steve/Sarah. And did anyone else catch that the therapist said the sex test subjects were level 3s, and both Jess and Tara had 3s on their shirts.

Loved the hunger games lol. And of course Pam and Eric won't kill each other. Poor Eric wasn't the popular guy in the boys room.

And holy hell, this episode would have been shot probably about 6 months after Anna gave birth to twins. Her body is AMAZING!

Also, love that Jason is going to use what he learned from the Fellowship on the other side this time.

14. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I felt bad for Andy and his fairy girls. At least he has one left. Will he ever be able to forgive Jessica?

I like that Bill/Lilith can command Warlow. :lol:

15. screech

I have to roll my eyes at some of the fandom. They are hating on Warlow for using Sookie and trying to control her. The funniest part - most of the people hating on him are Bill fans

I actually find myself liking Warlow. I love how we spent all last season thinking he was some terrible guy, and now we're getting his side of things.

Something I noticed in this episode is that Amelia Rose Blaire, who plays Willa (the governor's daughter) is not listed in the opening credits, only in the end credits where guest stars go. I'm wondering if that could be a sign about her fate... (but then again, Kristin Bauer was in the closing credits until season 4)

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. screech

Oh, and wondering, Bill has Warlow locked in a cage, probably with silver bars (so vamps can't escape). Warlow seems to be immune to silver, because he has immunity to many things that hurt vampires. Plus with vampire strength, you'd think he'd have no problem escaping the prison. We didn't see Billith use her maker's command on him.

And love that Bill has no worries (until the end of the episode) that his high daughter is on the loose when vampires are being rounded up. Bill has no care, whereas Eric willingly gets himself arrested to try to help his daughter. And Eric showed more concern for Willa, who he barely knows, being imprisoned than Bill did for his daughter of 5 years.

17. flutzilla1

I like Warlow too. I want him to kick Bill's backside into next week. (A Bill-free TB would be just fine with me. He is a non-redeemable character at this point IMO) :) The one problem we had with his flashback however was that it was a bit generic. My husband made a good point when he asked how we were supposed to know they were fairies and not just regular humans.

I like Willa. I feel badly for her that she had gotten to have zero fun as a vampire. I hope they don't kill her off. Like I said, Eric deserves a love interest who actually appreciates and chooses him (coughnotSookiecough).

18. screech

That's one of the reasons I like Nora - sure she may have her batshit crazy moments, but I think she's a much better match for Eric. I do think that Sookie may come around at some point. To be fair, despite everything Bill did for her, you don't just stop loving your first love. And she has his blood in her... 2 seasons removed, I can kind of get her mindset in walking away. I mean, she loves Eric, he loves her, but it's not fair to him (or her) to not be able to fully give herself to someone, and at that point she and Bill hadn't really had real closure. I think they're closer to that now.

As for the flashback, I thought Warlow had said to Niall in the last episode that they were neighbours. But when we saw the flashback it kind of seemed like the pregnant woman was with him (though I guess it could have been a neighbour). I thought they didn't really explain that well. It would be kind of icky if Warlow is Sookie's great (x however many) grandfather. Shades of Bill and Portia.

In some news, True Blood has been officially renewed for a 7th season!! I'm thinking season 7 will be the last. Most actors go into a show signing a 6 or 7 year contract, and I can't see someone like Joe or Alex, whose popularity have boomed, staying on. Though Alex has in the past said that he loves the money from the show (finally, an honest actor!) And there has been some fan nervousness about the fate of
    Eric. Alex has been in Sweden for about a month now, while the rest of the cast has been filming the finale. Some fans think that Eric may have been killed off. Who knows. Maybe he just finished his scenes early. And I doubt they'd kill off Eric like that, since Alex is by far the biggest draw to the show.

19. screech

Thoughts on episode 6? We're more than half way through the season, since this year there are only 10 episodes (they started back late because of Anna's maternity leave)

I feel for Eric. He lost his father, now his sister is dying... but I also love how well Willa is taking to being a vampire, and how she wants to please her new daddy.

Jason and Sarah - love them!!! And James, the new vampire... he was sweet.

Oh my god, Terry and Arlene!!!! I was crying. Who's going to look after Felix the Armadillo now? And she's been through so much. You have to wonder if it was preventable - if they hadn't had the fabulous gay vampire glamour him, Terry may have been more alert and able to avoid it. But then he also would have wanted to die. Loved her being there with him in the end, and I wonder what's going to happen when (if) she finds out that he asked for it.

Comic Con was this weekend. Alex wasn't there because he's hiking in Iceland, and Stephen wasn't there because he was rehearsing for a show (he's going to be in a Hollywood Bowl performance of Chicago). He brought the twins with him and took a picture with the boy. Oh my god is he ever ADORABLE!!

Nothing really new or exciting was revealed. I think I prefer Brian Buckner (the new show runner) over Alan Ball. He said that by the end of the season the storylines will come together, and for season 7 they are hoping to keep fewer storylines and bring the show more back to the roots, because for him, it's about the relationship between humans and vampires. Michael McMillian and Anna Camp were hilarious though. They got into character and talked about how there's always a connection, and 'Steve' tried to bring her back to their wedding night. Immediately afterwards he was asked if Steve still has feelings for Jason, and without any hesitation "Oh yeah."

Ryan and Anna also mentioned that when Jason was doing his pull-ups after drinking Warlow's blood, Ryan was really doing them, every take, with no wires. And to mess with him, sometimes Anna would walk into the scene a bit late (so he had to do more), and sometimes would linger longer than needed (so he'd have to do more).

You can find and watch the panels on youtube (which is what I did, since I didn't go this year like I did last year).

20. flutzilla1

I agree that TB has not been this strong since the first half of season 4 (Eric's amnesia storyline). I have to say that if Nora died the true death I would not be upset at all, which I fault the writers from last season for, since the actress who plays her is excellent when given the chance (ex: her turn as a spunky Marian in "Robin Hood'). Nora spent almost all of last season being so brainwashed and stupid that it was impossible to like her. I think this is why viewers are taking to Willa more than Nora, because we are seeing Willa's vamp journey from its beginning stage. If we had had more back story on Nora before she starting acting in such an annoying way last season, I think she would have more fans.

Dangit. I was really hoping the death this ep would have been Bill. Wishful thinking I guess. I really think Stephen Moyer deserves more than the role/direction of Bill that he has been given for the past 3 seasons. I think he would be so great in a Jane-Austen era piece. Seeing the new trailers for the 'Austenland' movie got me thinking I guess....:)

21. screech

I actually don't mind Bill as much this season as I thought I would. Though he's still somewhat annoying. I do like Bill when he's being badass, though. Like when he went to Vamp Camp and took on the guards and Burrell.

As for Nora, yes she was brainwashed, but she was passionate and strong. And she also wasn't afraid to admit she was wrong. I think her toughness and her love for Eric make her a much stronger personality than Sookie (who is becoming more badass this year as well). Plus, I think Lucy Griffiths had more chemistry with Alex than Anna did (but that may be because there were rumours of them being together last year when she started on the show). I think Willa has the same kind of passion as Nora. Nora was passionate about Lilith (who, let's face it, she was somewhat right about). Willa is passionate about the fact that what her father is doing is wrong.

I also just think it would royally suck for Eric to lose someone else he has loved for centuries. He lost his father (the person he loved most in the world) just a few years ago, and now to possibly lose his sister too? The only plus side would be the possibility of seeing Godric again. I'd love for them to bring Allan Hyde back again. (Crazy to think that Allan was a teenager when he first played Godric. He's turning 24 this year).

22. flutzilla1

I was sad that we didn't get to see Godric in last night's ep. The whole flashback scene to the 1600s was ridiculous. Alexander looked horrible in the wig. I won't know what they were thinking. And his British accent was awful. And didn't they say last season that Nora was 800 years old? Was she 400 already in the flashback? Do these guys even watch the episodes from previous seasons, or just hope we aren't paying attention?

I admittedly won't miss Nora, but am a little irritated to see Eric in previews for next week's episode blaming Sookie for Nora dying. :rolleyes::scream::slinkaway Way to be subtle about not trying to get Sookie and Eric back together, writers. Although I am liking Willa more and more, she was great this week. :)

And @(&$%! was up with that scene with Jessica and (I think his name was) James? Talk about COMPLETELY out of left field. And with Jason breaking in and trying to help her and everything?!

Overall the episode was a big disappointment in an otherwise strong season so far. Hoping for some serious improvement next week.

23. pixie cut

It wasn't Nora who was 800 years old. That was Nan Flanigan of the AVL. I believe it was said that Nora was around 400.

Episode was okay for me. Interested to see where the final three episodes of the season will go.

24. screech

Huge kudos to Alex for his performance in the episode. The wig and accent were hilarious, and it would have been amazing to see Godric, but the whole Nora storyline was always about her relationship with Eric (and Lilith). The anti-vamps have killed his beloved sister, and held his father (though he went willingly). Shit is going to be messed up. I did love how in the end Nora was adamant that she did not want Lilith blood, considering how we met her.

Arlene!!!! I still adore her. And poor Andy.

I kind of get where Jessica was coming from with the James stuff. But I noticed, the sex studies were supposed to be the vamps labeled '3' and James was labeled '2' on his jumpsuit. Mistake or did they choose him for a reason?

Also, Willa is awesome. Like Tara, Pam and Eric, it's as though she was 'born' to be a vampire. Godric's line has great choice in vamps.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  25. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

James wasn't there for the study. He was there to send a message to Jason.

26. screech

But then why pick him? Why not pick a male vamp who was actually a number 3?

27. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

THEY JUST KILLED ROMAN!!! :fragile:

28. screech

?? Roman died last season.

I just watched the inside the episode for this last one and again, kudos to Alex. For a lot of the death scene there was no one there, so it apparently took a lot of concentration on Alex's part. And when she disintegrates, he's holding a makeup bladder that on a cue, deflates.

IMO that scene was one of Alex's best on the show. Nora's death and Godric's death really showed his chops, and guaranteed that scene will be the one they submit for Emmy consideration next year.

It's going to be interesting to see a heartless Eric for the last few episodes. I'm wondering (and thinking) that Sookie will be the one to bring him back, just like he wanted her to save Bill last year.

29. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:shuffle: Yeah, I'm a bit behind. So stake me already.

:p

30. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

:lol: