Trayvon Martin - Thread #2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DORISPULASKI, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

There was a little scandal this morning. Barbara Walthers said on The View that GZ had backed out of a scheduled interview with her. They had agreed that the interview would take place after Hannity's. Apparently he had a request about the interview that ABC would not/could not honor. (I'm speculating he was asking for money.)
    During The View, GZ called and Barbara left the set. At the end of the show Barbara said that if he didn't want to do the interview yesterday, then it would not be a good idea to do a short one now. :lol:
    The whole thing was just weird. Barbara Walters was clearly pissed.

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

What a f*cking prick. I hope he gets special treatment in prison and that he comforts himself every night by saying that it is surely all part of God's plan.

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I don't blame her!
    Did anyone speak to him "on air"?

4. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

No. Barbara would've never agreed to that. At least some journalists still have integrity.

5. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

No - she didn't put GZ on air, just said if he didn't want to do it yesterday.

I believe that he or his lawyer called after it was discussed in the hot topics portion of the show. I believe that one of the women asked Barbara if he wanted money for the interview and Barbara only said he had conditions that were not going to be met or something to that. You were left with the idea that it was money.

6. skatesindreams

It is probably that.
    Most broadcast networks will not "pay" for interviews.
    I wonder if FOX did?

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Fox probably did not pay him a dime. They probably did, however, make a nice "donation" to his fund. There are TONS of ways to get around the rule about not paying for an interview.

8. JILEN

JILEN New Member

GZ demanded one month hotel room for him and his wife (among other things) in exchange for interview and Barbara Walters said no...I can't seem to paste the link .

After watching the interview this morning all I could do is shake my head. What a character this GZ is, gaming the system with the aid of the likes of Hannity poisoning the jury pool while people defend his right to a fair trial. :rolleyes:.

9. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Well-Known Member

Poisoning the jury pool was my first thought when Zimmerman agreed to the interview - that and soliciting donations, of course.

10. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Here's a link with the info about the month's hotel lodging.

11. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

A statement was just released from Heaven and God was quoted as saying that this was just an initial draft that Zimmerman acted on and not the final plan. (And the following is just hearsay, but apparently Jesus was so pissed with this quote of Zimmerman's that he was going to kick Zimmerman's a** for disrespecting his Pops!) :eek:

12. skatesindreams

A few days ago Mark O'Mara said, in a local interview, that he might not have taken the case "Pro Bono" if he had known how much money had been donated for GZ's defense.
    I wonder if he regrets taking the case at all, now?

13. JILEN

JILEN New Member

The God Card.

The guilty usually save that one for death row... just sayin.

14. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

"Trayvon Martin’s Killer George Zimmerman Suing NBC Over 911 Tape"

The article mentions later that three staff were fired after an internal investigation into the editing of the 911 tapes was conducted.

15. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member