Trayvon Martin - Thread #2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DORISPULASKI, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

2. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

IMO

1) I think the basic facts of the case may have gotten Zimmerman off based on the SYG rules (which IMO need to go).

2) I think Zimmerman is "enhancing" his story to improve his odds (though I think he is also making himself look foolish by doing this.)

So I guess I expect him to get off, period.

3. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I think Zimmerman will get a slap on the wrist - time served and released.

4. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

And then he'll have to watch his back for the rest of his life. So many will be out to get him.

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I believe very little of anything GZ - or his wife - have said.
    They have concealed/"embroidered" the truth throughout.

GZ was the one with the lethal weapon!
    If I were Trayvon, and he approached me, I would certainly be in fear for my life.

If GZ had waited for the police - and let them handle the situation - whatever it was - as requested, I might be more inclined to believe his story.
    That he didn't - makes me question his actions, and what motivated them.

6. duane

duane New Member

In released phone calls, this is one of the things said between the two as tens of thousands of dollars raised online was pouring in:

"After this, ... you're going to be able to just have a great life," Shellie Zimmerman said.

"We will," replies her husband.

Kill an unarmed kid, have a great life afterwards. :rolleyes:

7. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I saw a video online where Zim "re-enacts" the shooting. I can't believe this is being allowed...can't it taint the jury pool?

8. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I just read some comments on our local newspaper's website. The bias and ignorance of the posters is shocking, to say the least. At least 80% are for GZ, and they are blaming Trayvon, even calling him a punk. I am embarrassed to be living in Arizona, and this is not the first time.

That explains how GZ was able to attract so much cash to his website. I know the bias is not limited to Arizona. It's just that the percentage of biased posts that support GZ is shocking to me.

9. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

:wall: I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

10. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

GZ stalked him when the police clearly told him to stop. To me, GZ's at fault.

11. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I agree with everything except "clearly."

I don't think "We don't need you to do that" is a clear directive to stop doing it. In the heat of the moment, I'm not surprised Zimmermann ignored it. Dismayed, but not surprised.

12. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

So it seems that Trayvon's "suspicious behavior" that caused Zimmerman to follow him and call the police was "casually" walking in the rain. I guess if he had been concerned about getting wet, he might still be alive. :mad:

13. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Are people donating specifically to Zimmerman's court case? Or is an account where Zimmerman can use the money in whatever way he wants? If it's the latter and the case is dropped, does anyone have any idea how much money Zimmerman will end up with?

14. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

GZ had a new bond hearing, and the judge upped it to one million dollars. The judge said GZ was attempting to flee, making reference to the extra passport and hidden money. The judge said the only thing that thwarted GZ's plans was the electronic bracelet. In addition to the higher bond amount, other conditions were placed as well.

The judge cited GZ's previous run-ins with the law to say he had a goid understanding of the system, and thus his deceptions were intentional. Very strong language from the judge.
    http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/b...ck=/allnews/&.ts=1341544810&.intl=us&.lang=en

15. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Looks like he made bail again:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

I wonder if some of the stuff indicating potential flight (passport, etc.) can be used as evidence of "consciousness of guilt" at his trial.

16. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

It certainly should throw some doubt on parts of his defense that depend only on his own testimony.

17. skatesindreams

Judge Lester doesn't trust GZ.
    Nor would anyone who read his statement before allowing bail.

18. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

GZ will get off scot free, it will be a 9 day's wonder, & then we'll all forget about it until the next time. Except GZ will be living off other people's donations.

19. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be the most sickening thing of all, if Zimmerman not only gets off with no punishment whatsoever but also walks away with hundred of thousands of dollars. I know his lawyer bills will be high but money will only continue to pour in as the trial gets nearer. There are plenty of racist bigots out there who would donate money to him.

20. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I just can't comprehend giving this man money or considering him somehow heroic. Even if you feel that what he did was self-defense and within the bounds of the law, how can you translate it into a heroic act?

Although, I fear you answered my question in the part of your post I bolded. :scream:

21. BigB08822

I live in southeast Louisiana and you would not believe the things I have heard. Many times I have overheard conversations between people saying they are glad Zimmerman shot that kid dead and they wish it would happen more often, etc. etc. It is sickening and I am leaving out certain words and language which I would never repeat. Those are the type of people I imagine would donate money to Zimmerman.

22. skatesindreams

There are people who will make sure that GZ has no financial worries after the case is over, I'm certain.
    There seem to be many people who believe that Trayvon brought this upon himself.

23. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Someone on my FB newsfeed posted about how he'd donated to GZ and how we all should, including the phrase " The Kel-Tec PF-9: if it was good enough for Trayvon Martin, it's good enough for YOU!" :scream: It is so sickening. I understand being for gun rights, but there's a limit to that. And this is a masters educated engineer from New Jersey.

24. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

My normally sane gun freak friends ( well, as sane as one can be while being a gun freak) have totally lost their shit over this case. They, at least, don't have racist motivations, but they do seem to think that any criticism of GZ is a threat to their 2nd Amendment rights.

25. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Well-Known Member

I see a lot of posts at the news websites that call Martin a thug who was high on drugs, and attacked the wrong guy.

26. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Yes, the inbred morons who think his walking down the street in a predominately white neighborhood "brought it on himself".

27. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

It was when Trayvon chose to arm himself with Skittles that I was taken over by fear.

28. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

It's the can of iced tea that really struck fear in my heart.

29. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Can of iced tea... < ior > an assault rifle? Discuss amongst yourselves.

30. BigB08822

Iced tea = being high on caffeine = deadly force must be taken to stop him

God forbid you send your child walking down the street with chocolate in hand.