Trayvon Martin - Thread #2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DORISPULASKI, Apr 28, 2012.

1. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

That's interesting--the FBI should have the equipment and the expertise to determine and yet they cannot.

I would not be surprised if the defense found two or three experts insisting on the opposite.

This talks about how one of the experts seems to have a financial stake in this. The second expert admits to have never heard Martin's voice
    http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2012/04/are-there-any-media-people-in-new-york-city.html

I think that's what they should try and see, if anyone rules out, not rules in as the source of the voice, according to this, anyway.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yes, there is. It's called the State of Florida.

3. soxxy

soxxy Guest

4. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Well-Known Member

The CBC in Canada also reported that Zimmerman had a second passport which he did not disclose to the judge or hand over as was a condition of his bail. The reporter provided said this was the reason for revoking bail and the finances were the secondary reason.

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Interesting.
    I hadn't heard that.

6. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

The story I read said that the second passport issue was dismissed by the judge, as it was like losing your drivers license, applying to get a new one, then finding the missing license. It makes perfect sense.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/20120601floriday-trayvon-zimmerman--bond-revoked.html

However, the reason Zim was ordered back was for lying about his finances when the bond was set. He misled the court into believing that he and his wife (a nursing student) did not have a penny.

My opinion: If Zim is lying about this, he could be (not saying he is) lying about what happened the night he killed Trayvon.

8. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

According to the story above, he requested a second passport after the shooting, claiming to have lost his previous one when in fact, he had it all along. He was recorded telling his wife he locked the second passport in a safe deposit box. That way he could surrender his passport and still have a back-up.

That shows both means and intent to flee.

9. skatesindreams

I wonder if this will cause even more donations to come in.

10. Vash01

You are correct. Another story I read on CNN confirmed what you have posted. Apparently the judge was not bothered by that, although I feel he should have been.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/01/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

He has to surrender within 48 hours. Isn't that enough time to flee?

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

From the CNN link:
    If he had means and intent to flee, why didn't he?

12. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

I suspect it was a back-up plan. He wanted to be able to if he had to.

I can kind of understand the motivation. But not lying actually going through with lying to the court and sneaking around.

13. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Legal pundits were explaining that the judge can allow this information to be submitted to the court as evidence that Zimmerman is capable of lying to the court.The phone call recordings between Zimmerman and his wife, while in jail, showed they were talking in code about their finances.

14. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Can his wife be prosecuted for lying to the court?

15. skatesindreams

I heard that they were looking into that possibility.
    How stupid of both of them not to realize that everything they said would be recorded and scrutinized.

16. Vash01

They obviously believed that their code could not be cracked. What was amusing to me was their attorney acting like it was nothing, just because their code was pretty simple. The intent to deceive the court was clear, regardless of whether the code was simple or complex.

I have wondered if his wife's false testimony could be considered a perjury? IIRC in the tape they played on TV, it sounded like she answered 'Yes' to " truth, the whole truth.............etc."

17. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Maybe they can be given adjoining cells.

18. duane

duane New Member

Finally, some good news!

19. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

This is just sad. Here's a guy who's paranoia and suspicion have become significantly destructive forces.

And the lawyer? Seriously? He's trying to argue that GZ's actions are less 'wrong' because George feels he shouldn't be on trial? O'Mara really hasn't thought that one through, because what he's saying is that GZ thinks he's above the law, that laws don't apply to him.

That attitude is why some of us suspect him of unlawfully killing Trayvon.

20. Dragonlady

Their lawyer was quoted as saying he hoped he could "explain away" these things and get Martin released again. How do you explain away lying to a judge?

21. skatesindreams

GZ returned to Sanford last night and will turn himself in before the deadline imposed by the court.
    Another bond hearing has been scheduled.
    The consensus is that bond will likely be reset; although at a much higher figure.

22. Vash01

This is shameful. He will once again get away with just a bond hearing, and the donations received on his website will help him make those payments. This is not money that he or his family actually 'earned'.

23. Vash01

24. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...s-some-shocking-outcomes-depending-on/1233133

The Tampa Bay paper has done a very good investigative piece on the effects of Stand Your Ground in Florida, particularly in their part of it. They looked at over 200 cases and compiled statistics.

and

As we now know:

The interpretation of "reasonable" has been very strange and inconsistently applied, too.

Applicable to the Martin case:

In some jurisdictions, even if it were proved that Martin was retreating, Zimmerman might get off.

Aside from allowing murderers to get off scott free, the law has another bad (IMO) consequence:

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  25. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

26. Vash01

27. duane

duane New Member

Part of an article in the Huffington Post:

Records show Shellie Zimmerman in the days before the hearing transferred $74,000 in eight smaller amounts ranging from $7,500 to $9,990, from her husband's credit union account to hers, according to an arrest affidavit. It also shows that $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman's account to his sister's in the days before the bond hearing.

Four days after he was released on bond, Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $85,500 from her account into her husband's account, the affidavit said. The affidavit also said that jail call records show that George Zimmerman instructed her to "pay off all the bills," including an American Express and Sam's Club card.

A state attorney investigator met with credit union officials and learned that she had control of transfers to and from her husband's account.

Jeffrey Neiman, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice, said cash transactions in excess of $10,000 usually trigger a reporting requirement by the bank to multiple government agencies – including the IRS.

"If Mrs. Zimmerman intentionally structured the financial transactions in a manner to keep the offense under $10,000, not only may she have committed perjury in the state case, but she also may have run afoul of several federal statutes and could face serious federal criminal charges," Neiman wrote in an email to The Associated Press.

So, Zimmerman and his wife had been talking in code, money was transferred into the wife's account in 8 smaller amounts (so a reporting requirement wouldn't be triggered), money was transferred to Zimmerman's sister account (so his family was aware), and Zimmerman was going to use the money not for legal fees, but to pay off bills he accumulated over the years. :rolleyes:

28. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Charming.

29. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

Wonder if they'll set-up a paypal defense website for her now :shuffle:

30. Dragonlady

Probably because there are those who think that the Zimmerman's are being persecuted and that George was just defending himself against a pot-smoking, thug who attacked him.