Trayvon Martin - Thread #2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DORISPULASKI, Apr 28, 2012.

1. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I agree with everything except "clearly."

I don't think "We don't need you to do that" is a clear directive to stop doing it. In the heat of the moment, I'm not surprised Zimmermann ignored it. Dismayed, but not surprised.
  2. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

So it seems that Trayvon's "suspicious behavior" that caused Zimmerman to follow him and call the police was "casually" walking in the rain. I guess if he had been concerned about getting wet, he might still be alive. :mad:
  3. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Are people donating specifically to Zimmerman's court case? Or is an account where Zimmerman can use the money in whatever way he wants? If it's the latter and the case is dropped, does anyone have any idea how much money Zimmerman will end up with?
  4. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

GZ had a new bond hearing, and the judge upped it to one million dollars. The judge said GZ was attempting to flee, making reference to the extra passport and hidden money. The judge said the only thing that thwarted GZ's plans was the electronic bracelet. In addition to the higher bond amount, other conditions were placed as well.

The judge cited GZ's previous run-ins with the law to say he had a goid understanding of the system, and thus his deceptions were intentional. Very strong language from the judge.
    http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/b...ck=/allnews/&.ts=1341544810&.intl=us&.lang=en
  5. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Looks like he made bail again:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

I wonder if some of the stuff indicating potential flight (passport, etc.) can be used as evidence of "consciousness of guilt" at his trial.
  6. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

It certainly should throw some doubt on parts of his defense that depend only on his own testimony.
  7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Judge Lester doesn't trust GZ.
    Nor would anyone who read his statement before allowing bail.
  8. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

GZ will get off scot free, it will be a 9 day's wonder, & then we'll all forget about it until the next time. Except GZ will be living off other people's donations.
  9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be the most sickening thing of all, if Zimmerman not only gets off with no punishment whatsoever but also walks away with hundred of thousands of dollars. I know his lawyer bills will be high but money will only continue to pour in as the trial gets nearer. There are plenty of racist bigots out there who would donate money to him.
  10. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I just can't comprehend giving this man money or considering him somehow heroic. Even if you feel that what he did was self-defense and within the bounds of the law, how can you translate it into a heroic act?

Although, I fear you answered my question in the part of your post I bolded. :scream:
  11. BigB08822

I live in southeast Louisiana and you would not believe the things I have heard. Many times I have overheard conversations between people saying they are glad Zimmerman shot that kid dead and they wish it would happen more often, etc. etc. It is sickening and I am leaving out certain words and language which I would never repeat. Those are the type of people I imagine would donate money to Zimmerman.
  12. skatesindreams

There are people who will make sure that GZ has no financial worries after the case is over, I'm certain.
    There seem to be many people who believe that Trayvon brought this upon himself.
  13. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Someone on my FB newsfeed posted about how he'd donated to GZ and how we all should, including the phrase " The Kel-Tec PF-9: if it was good enough for Trayvon Martin, it's good enough for YOU!" :scream: It is so sickening. I understand being for gun rights, but there's a limit to that. And this is a masters educated engineer from New Jersey.
  14. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

My normally sane gun freak friends ( well, as sane as one can be while being a gun freak) have totally lost their shit over this case. They, at least, don't have racist motivations, but they do seem to think that any criticism of GZ is a threat to their 2nd Amendment rights.
  15. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Well-Known Member

I see a lot of posts at the news websites that call Martin a thug who was high on drugs, and attacked the wrong guy.
  16. taf2002

Yes, the inbred morons who think his walking down the street in a predominately white neighborhood "brought it on himself".
  17. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

It was when Trayvon chose to arm himself with Skittles that I was taken over by fear.
  18. taf2002

It's the can of iced tea that really struck fear in my heart.
  19. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Can of iced tea... < ior > an assault rifle? Discuss amongst yourselves.
  20. BigB08822

Iced tea = being high on caffeine = deadly force must be taken to stop him

God forbid you send your child walking down the street with chocolate in hand.
  21. skatesindreams

Has anyone questioned if GZ was "high" on anything when he shot Trayvon?
    "Power", maybe?
  22. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I still maintain GZ sounded intoxicated on the 911 tapes. Was HE tested?
  23. skatesindreams

I've wondered that. as well.
  24. BigB08822

Being that he was a cop (or something, was he a cop?), I doubt they tested him. I know someone who got in a wreck while driving drunk. He flipped the other vehicle and by some miracle no one was hurt. The cops were called and somehow no one was ever asked about alcohol or tested for BAC (I was in the vehicle so this is all first hand information). He was friends with a lot of the cops and actually going through training at the time to become a cop. I am not saying this is normal but it already seems like GZ was given a LOT of leeway for the connections he had within the police department so is it so hard to imagine he wasn't tested? For me, no.
  25. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

GZ was not a cop.
  26. BigB08822

He had connections to the police department though, didn't he? Was his father a cop? I can't remember what it was.
  27. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

He was one of those guys who had a 'fascination' with law enforcement.
  28. agalisgv

His father was a court magistrate in two states.
  29. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

He was not an officer of the law, but I heard that more often than not, he did watch the television series Law and Order.

:p
  30. BigB08822

No. It was NYPD Blue.
  31. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Or was it Cop Rock?
  32. DORISPULASKI

Here I thought it was Cops
  33. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

George Zimmerman defense team responds to cousin’s molestation claims

I'm wondering if she wanted to remain annonymous. Because the next line of the article says:

The (alleged) abuse lasted a decade:

One of the reasons she came forward:

And that she was not the only person he (allegedly) abused:

34. BigB08822

I am sorry but an 8 year old boy is not "molesting" anyone. He is simply re-enacting learned behavior and has not been told it is wrong. I question if he was molested, more than whether she was. Someone did that to him in order for him to learn to do it to her. This has no bearing on my opinion of the case, he is a murderer IMO, but I don't think this makes him a molester as well.
  35. agalisgv

It allegedly went on for 10 years though at which point he was 18. Should also say one of GZ's ex's accused him of sexually assaulting her in a way similar to what the cousin described. GZ was clearly an adult at that point.

Oh, and team Zimmerman have asked for a new judge bc they didn't like the judge's admonishment of Zimmerman at his latest bond hearing.
  36. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Hi Bri,

Just a heads up, but Junior has just signed up for a class on our kids playdate days, so won't be able to see your young 'un anymore.

Best wishes,

Peter G

:p
  37. skatesindreams

38. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

WHOSE WIHT ME WHEN I SAYE THAT FOX NEWZ IS THE BESSSSST!!!!!!!!!
  39. BigB08822

Ann Coulter???
  40. DORISPULASKI

The question would be the best what ;)