Touching base after an interview

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by backspin, Jan 25, 2011.

1. backspin

backspin Active Member

I had an interview mid-December. This was for independent contractor work, part time, off site (I'm a freelance designer/writer). She told me I was in the top 3 people, & had us do some writing samples. Then we hit the holidays. So the first week of Jan. I sent a follow up email, just saying, checking in, is there anything else I can send you, I am very interested in working w/ your company.

She called me right back & said she'd been training a new employee, and could I please call her in a week, when she thought they'd be ready to move ahead with some projects.

So I called the next week. She was in a meeting, but took the call, and said, so sorry I can't talk right now, can I call you back? That was 2 weeks ago--she hasn't called.

So I want to send another 'tickler' note--I think an email rather than a call. Any ideas on what to say? I want it to be very short & to the point---just want to keep my name in front of her so when she IS ready to proceed, she'll be thinking of me! But at the same time I don't want to be a nuisance.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Well, as it's part time and off site, it may not be her highest priority.

I'd just send an email along the lines of "I am writing to follow up on the xyz job. Based on our interview, I am still very interested. Please keep me in mind when you are ready to proceed."

That way, you acknowledge that she might be busy rather than rude.