Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by falling_dance, Apr 1, 2013.
Chips & dip
The Parallax View or All the Presidents Men?
All the President's Men.
Robert Redford or Dustin Hoffmann?
Arthur Miller plays:
Death of a Salesman
All My Sons
After the Fall
The Man Who Had All The Luck
The Last Yankee
Death of a Salesman
Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye or Jim Stark from Rebel Without A Cause?
Rebel Without a Cause
Gone With The Wind
On Golden Pond
The English Patient
Gone with the Wind
Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara or would Bette Davis have been better?
Leigh was superb. I can't imagine that Davis would have been better.
Max Steiner: yay or nay?
SPINACH AND BEAN QUESADILLAS
CHEESY BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE WITH CHICKPEAS
VERY VEGGIE MAC & CHEEZE BAKE
ORANGE CHICKEN STYLE TOFU
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS, TOMATOES, AND BASIL
On visiting the site, I think I'd like the Avocado Cucumber Maki and Sweet Potato Nigiri the best. Of those listed, the spinach and bean quesadillas have the most appeal.
Travelling by plane, train, or automobile?
The Grand Canyon
I. If you could have watched any Olympic Event live....
Salt Lake City
II. Which discipline?
III. Which event?
The ladies' free skate in Nagano.
Might as well repeat...
1994 ladies LP or 2010 mens SP
Unfortunate book titles here
Pooh Gets S****
John Candy or Steve Martin?
Why did you **** Stuck
Monty Python’s Flying Circus
Are You Being Served
Best Rowan Atkinson comedy?
The Thin Blue Line
Not the Nine O'Clock News
I don't really like him much, but Blackadder was good.
If she had competed at a different time to Michelle Kwan, would Irina Slutskaya get so many "truck driver" insults?
Products sold on TV:
No! No! Hair
Furby Hot & Cool
Green bean coffee
1) Yes. While I have my own criticisms of Slutskaya's skating--as I do of any skater, even one of my favorites--I've yet to read a post with that phrase in it that struck me as persuasive, relatively free of mind-dead conformism to the prevailing gender ideology, or written in good faith./end stuck-up -ery. ETA: Well, the bad faith accusation might be a bit much.
2) Nutri Bullet is one of the funniest product names I've ever encountered.
April 20 spawn:
Saint Rose of Lima
Rosalynn Sumners (same day as Glover, which tickles me, though it means nothing)
ETA: Joan Miro, easily. Toller Cranston was a big bitch and I doubt I'd get along with him. I give Jessica Lange and Crispin Glover a tie for silver. Edie Sedgwick can have bronze, she paid her dues by dying. Ryan O'Neal gets a DQ.
Nay, Slute would have looked masterful next to Kat Witt.
Top 10 Reasons I hate all the Russian babies
1. They all look exactly the same, I can't tell them apart.
2. They're gangly.
3. They'll all need hip surgery by 19.
4. Two foot skating.
5. UGLY jumps. A triple lutz should look like this, not this.
6. tacky costumes
7. no ice coverage
8. mean looking coaches
9. there's just too many of them
10. No Stahs
You are missing the "All of the above" option!
1) It was a relief to read #4, #5, and especially #7 on your list, though I still like Tuktamysheva and some of the middle-of-the-pack ladies (Stavitskaia, Gerasimova, Agafonova, and Gosviani). ETA: Sakhanovich and Sotskova aren't so bad for their respective ages.
simply as a program:
Ten's The Artist
Chan's La Boheme?
ETA: I really am awful this morning (EST). Please forgive me and watch this video of big cats playing with cardboard boxes. Choose a favorite if you like.
Leonova qualifying for Sochi 2014 - likely or unlikely?
1. Unlikely I'd say, but you never know with Alena.
The use of Bute and Slute as diminutives for two of the finest skaters to come out of Russia?
Not irritating at all - I use them all the time
Batman vs. Batman
Disabled vs. Disney
Andrew Burnett vs. Dog Owner
Wanita Young vs. Free Cookies
Homeless Man vs. His Parents
William Baxter vs. His Wifes Cat
I just hope Andrew Burnett won't sue me for posting in this thread that he sucks.
clavinets, mellotrons, waah-waah pedals, or keytars?
Separate names with a comma.