Top Chef All-Stars: Unshockingly ends w/Cocky Elfin Lesbian Boy Genius victory

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Beefcake, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Top Chef All-Stars - kicks off Wednesday, 12/1

:watch: Lots of terrific chefs who didn't quite reach the Top in their first attempts are back for what just might be the franchise's best season ever.

Two Tiff's! :cool: Marcel the Molecular Maestro! :D Carla! :cheer: and Fabio :grope:

And my guy Angelo. :biggrinbo Angelo all the way for me (screw y'all who misinterpret his kindly motives!) ... but I'd also love to see Carla and/or either Tiff go deep into the season. Fabio too, if he promises to shave only every third day.

:soapbox: Where's my tall drink of water, CJ? Boycott!!!

First challenge is to re-do the dish you failed the worst with in your original season. :lol:

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  2. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

Go Tiffani Faison, Jennifer Carroll, and Richard Blais! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

3. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Those are my favorite three as well. I'd also like to see Fabio, Jamie, and Carla do well. I have a feeling, though, that Tre will be out for blood in this one and he could take it for sure. After getting booted early from his season and then loosing in the finals of the Holiday challenge to Tiffany, I have a feeling that he is going to be really hungry for a win.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:cheer2: Top Chef!! I can't remember most of those folks by name or by season so I'll have to see the first episode to decide who to cheer for!

5. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

Yey!! Go Richard and Angelo! IMO the best cooks not to win, well from what I got from the shows.
    Fabio is :swoon: but Marcelo is :watch:

6. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I'm glad Carla, Jamie, and Jennifer are going to be there. I'm sure they'll try to create some drama with Carla and Casey, though.

Fabio is always entertaining. And Angelo is, er, interesting.

I was tired of Marcel by the end of his season and am even more sick of him now. I could do without him, Stephen, and Mike.

7. PAskate

PAskate New Member

Go Jennifer and Carla! :encore:

8. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I dont know, Carla and Casey appear to have buried the hatchet. Although, I don't really get why Casey thinks that she had no part in Carla losing.

9. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I swear, this whole season was created because they regret not giving Tiffany Faison the win. Bravo and Tom C. needs to get over that. :lol: They've brought her back so many times, it's ridiculous. I like Tiffany F. and am semi-rooting for her, but whenver there's a TC special, she's always on it, and her or her team always wins. There will be no single tear drop rolling down my cheek if she doesn't win. But if she does win, I'll be OK with that too.

Since CJ or Sam, who was definitely wuz-robbed of final two--I'm still :confused: how Ilan made it as far as he did, much less won--I hope this is the season of women kicking ass--Jennifer, Carla, Tiffanies, Casey, and Jamie all float my boat. I could do without Elia though. Good cook, but damned annoying. Of the men, the only two I'm rooting for heavily are Dale and Tre. I love Richard's personality so I hope he goes far, but I'm just not into molecular gastronomy, so I hope he doesn't win. I'm :EVILLE: and really want Stephen or Marcel to be out first. I don't even think their personalities are that television-worthy. Marcel's still an angry child, Stephen's an arrogant asshate--if they wanted to stir up drama, I wish they would have brought back the "I'm not your bitch...bitch" guy. Or Stefan. WHY ISN'T STEFAN ON THIS SHOW?!!! Talk about the second worst decision in Top Chef history. Stefan, Jamie, and Fabio together again would be tons of fun. I'd love to see Tiffany F. and Stefan go at it too--that would be some :watch:

Why didn't they let ME cast TC? Though overall, I'm really pleased with these chefs. It's probably the best all-star casting I've ever seen on any reality TV show.

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Allskate

Yeah, but that won't stop the producers from trying to create some drama. They don't choose the contestants just for their food.

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Did Hosea win Carla's season?

12. millyskate

Yes, Stefan definitely deserved a spot. Who knows, maybe he got asked and turned it down.

13. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I agree, the cast is stellar. I could do without Spike and Mike Isabella. I also wonder why Stefan wasn't included, he would have been great drama. Speaking of Sam, why didn't he get chosen?

14. Allskate

Yes.

I got the sense that Stefan was kind of tired of the show by the end of the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to do another round. Not even to see Jamie. :lol:

15. Squibble

Squibble New Member

As to why Stefan might not have been invited back:

Tom Colicchio's take on Stefan in a TV Squad interview at the end of last season:

I haven't watched all of the seasons, but I would have much rather seen Kevin Gillespie or Brian Voltaggio come back than Mike Isabella.

Fabio Viviani is scarcely recognizable in that photograph. :yikes:

16. millyskate

True. So many great contestants to pick from, it's a great show.

17. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Angelo and Richard!

18. Allskate

I think Kevin and Mike V. are probably very busy and don't think there's much to be gained from doing the show again.

Plus, I definitely don't think it's just food that is their criteria for choosing the all-stars. Personality and conflict are huge factors.

19. JumpinBug

JumpinBug New Member

Awesome group, can't wait!

20. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:) Agree that (even though I'd love to have had Sam or CJ in the cast) this is the best reality TV "all-star" edition casting* ever!

Or at least top two alongside the first Survivor AS season, which was almost perfectly cast, but then inexplicably fizzled out in mid-season.

Lamest? If only because of inventing the Eric/Dumbielle couplehood --Amazing Race All-Stars :blah:

21. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

I can't find the link now, but I read an interview with Brian Voltaggio, who mentioned that he was invited back but decided that he couldn't leave his restaurant for that long again.

22. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Skate America! Go!

yeah I was wondering who their 'first choice' were...

23. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Anyone enjoying the premiere? I love this cast, so amazingly stocked full of talented chefs! I have NO idea who can win this. I am rooting for Tiffany from the most recent season since she is from Beaumont, TX. However, there are a number of chefs who I would love to see win. I didn't agree with Richard Blaise's assessment that he was remembered for "losing" as if he was a shoo-in to win. Stephanie was amazing that season and was my pick to win from the beginning. He was certainly her biggest competition but she was right with him the entire time as the one to beat.

Ugh, Chicago won the immunity challenge which was, no surprise, the biggest group of them all! Is that really the most fair way to do this?? Now 4 people have immunity.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  24. Matryeshka

I think a lot of people expected Richard to win because molecular gastronomy was such the "it" newest-bestest style of cooking, and unlike Marcel :p , he had the basic cooking chops AND a more likeable personality. I can see why to some Richard was a shoo-in for winning.

LOVING this quickfire, but wondering how the invitations went out that some seasons only had 2 and Chicago had 4 :eek: I understand season 7 only having two because it was the most recent.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this challenge.

25. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I'm really enjoying the premier, although I knew I would. I'm a little :rolleyes: about Chicago winning the quickfire...mostly because I wanted Spike to go first as I think he's the least talented and annoying.

I was kind of surprised by Richard's comment as well. Stephanie won an equal number of challenges, so I didn't find it that surprising.

26. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Well, what's her name got eliminated. Elie? I didn't really remember her, I think she was from the season I didn't watch. At least all my favs remain. Stephen seems way out of place, should go home soon. I knew he wouldn't be first, he is clearly a producers favorite as he is ALWAYS asked back for specials.

27. Matryeshka

Stephen has just enough food knowledge to be a very successful restauranteur and to impress people that think they're foodies because they shop at Whole Foods. I can see him extolling the virtues of arugala and cooking with the right white wine while making perfect, bite-sized portions that will draw comments like "elegant" and "refined" but not necessarily "tasty."

I think the majority of the other chefs, if you gave them five ingredients--ANY ingredients--and some time, they could throw down something at least edible. Stephen, OTOH, would be lost without the latest issue of whatever food magazine is currently the best to tell him what to do. I could just see him--a boneless, skinless chicken breast? What does one do with such an oddity? Where is the chipotle and salted caramel--what do you mean salt and pepper only? :drama:

28. DubbalinGirl

DubbalinGirl New Member

WORD, WORD, WORD! On another board I read, the posters hate Fabio and Stefan, they call them the "Euros", as if that's a bad thing???

Am I the only one who loathes Carla? I don't get the love at all, and if she Hooties one more time....:huh:

29. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

A lot of people don't like Stefan, so that could have had something to do with him not being on the show. I actually heard someone say that Elia and Fabio shouldn't be on the show because they were "foreigners." When I asked the person where he thought his ancestors came from, he replied "Texas." :rofl:

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Well, I'm somewhat relieved that Elia went over some of my pre-show faves. Surprised that Fabio couldn't knock it out of the park. I would have expected all the chefs to do some introspection on the dish that got them kicked off the first time - woulda, shoulda, coulda type analysis that had most of them ready for this challenge.