Tonya Harding remarrying!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by The Fly On The Wall, Jun 29, 2010.

1. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

So, how far along is she?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

Tonya is a regular on Tru-TV's "World's Dumbest." They show footage of dumb criminals, dumb drivers, dumb drunks, etc. while Tonya and a dozen or so other celebs (most of whom are either comedians or ex-child stars) make snarky comments. She would probably need an agent to do the contract for that show. I don't think she looks bad-- comparing her to my high school classmates' Facebook profile pics, I'd say Tonya is very normal looking for her age.

I wish her the best.

3. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

Apparently Tonya is still relavent, more so than some other skaters. If you do a Google news search on Tonya, this is what you get. ( Now remember, this not a web search, it's a news search. So these are only RECENT news articles. )

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q="tonya harding"

Where if you do Michelle Kwan ..........

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q="michelle kwan"

......... or Sasha Cohen

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q="sasha cohen"

........... or Caroline Zhang

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q="Caroline zhang"

............. or Rachael Flatt

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q="rachael flatt"

Who has the most news articles about her?

4. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Tonya just got married and it's off-season for skating, so of course there are more news stories about Tonya. If you'd done the same search during Nationals, you'd have seen more stories about Sasha, and if you'd have done the search during the Olympics, you'd have seen more stories about Rachel.

5. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

I have been carded since turning 40. :D

6. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

You lose. My son was not only carded, the Rite Aid store manager as well as the checkout clerk refused to sell him beer. He was 40 at the time.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

8. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Well I personally wish her some happiness...long overdue IMHO. Some people need to get over what happened almost 20 years ago.

9. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Why don't you tell that to Nancy? ;)

10. neptune

neptune Well-Known Member

Here's the thing, though. Later that year, Tonya had a falling out with the fan club president, Elaine Stamm. Apparently they were closing the fan club and Stamm wanted to donate the money that was left over to a charity, but Tonya wanted it for herself. Anyway, they stopped speaking after that. :(

Concerning Tonya's marriage, I wish her the best in life, but if she hasn't sorted out her personal problems, I have a hard time believing that this relationship will fare any better than previous ones.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

:D

12. neptune

I do think it's important to accept Tonya as she is and not hate her for her past, because that kind of lingering resentment helps nobody. At the same time, if she lied about her knowledge of the attack, then she's obviously still concealing it, and people have a right to take exception to that. I think it's helpful to distinguish between Tonya's objectionable behavior and Tonya as a human being.

13. Excidra

Excidra New Member

Well deserve peace and happiness no matter the tragic events that occurred in the past. I hope this marriage brings Tonya all that she needs in order to be at peace with her self.

14. Octoberopals

Octoberopals Well-Known Member

Is this the same Linda Lewis who coached......Biran Boitano [I think]?

15. VIETgrlTerifa

Linda Leaver coached Brian Boitano.

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I hope they have a happy life together!

17. neptune

Well, Leaver and Boitano have always been pretty close, so there's a good chance of that. ;)

18. jlai

jlai Title-less

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:p

20. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Well, ya just never know. Maybe this marraige will work...

21. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

It would be wonderful if Tonya found some peace and happiness while embarking on an entirely new chapter of life (i.e. no more bad reality TV and no more rehashing the Tonya incident to earn a few$$).

22. jlai

jlai Title-less

23. Twilight1

Actually she herself has stated she wants to get over it so really, no need for me to tell her what she is already trying to do. :lol: The media just loves to keep throwing out what Tonya did to Nancy (or failed to do) incase anyone forgets...or for the younglings to know what she did and to ensure a new generation of haters for her.

24. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

25. VIETgrlTerifa

Yeah, but it's not as if Tonya spent her following years being a model citizen.

However, I agree that Tonya deserves to have people leave her alone and allow her to find peace and happiness. Hopefully, she'll do just that and this new marriage won't end with a hubcap.

26. Twilight1

Everything she has done is no different than many other citizens (unfortunately), but because of the Nancy situation it is magnified/ amplified.

Every article about her brings up what happened with Nancy. I have yet to read an article where they just discuss what she has done...aka boxing, remarrying/ divorcing, call to the police etc etc...

27. VIETgrlTerifa

Well, that's the nature of celebrity unfortunately.

28. neptune

They should do a "Where Are They Now?" feature on all of Tonya's exes. ;) Apparently the last time around she married an actor who was 13 years older. How long did the marriage last, you ask? 3 months and 1 week. :eek:

Reminds me of one time when Sheena Easton joked that she's had pairs of shoes that lasted longer than her marriages. :D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010