1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonya Harding on Inside Edition!!

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by LEO59, May 11, 2012.

1. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Perhaps she likes Brunswick stew?

2. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

I don't know, maybe she has a taste for rodents? Would explain Jeff Gillooly.

3. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Rodents - squirrels - do have nutritional value, however. It's as viable a protein source as anything else. The reason they are not bred as a food source or eaten more is that there isn't a whole lot of meat on them. And they don't have the gourmet status of other small animals, like quails or frogs.

But they are definitely a viable protein option and probably taste okay as well.

4. DORISPULASKI

There are quite a lot of people who like Brunswick Stew with squirrel.

They do not live in NYC or Washington DC however:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/forums/hunting/small-game/elmer-fudds-brunswick-stew

5. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Okay, but the important question is: do squirrels taste just like chicken?

6. DORISPULASKI

7. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

My daddy hunted squirrels when I was a kid, and we ate it often. My mother fixed it like fried chicken, which is not to say it tasted just like chicken, but I liked it. I've tried to prepare it myself, but it ended up tough as shoe leather. I don't know what she did to it. Daddy also hunted dove, quail, and duck and we ate them all, along with a ton of crappie he and Mama caught.

8. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

The Weight Watchers points book had an entry for squirrel ten or fifteen years ago. (Perhaps it still does.)

9. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Past Prancer's Corridor

Even The Joy of Cooking (1970's edition) an entry on how to prepare squirrel -- including an illustration of how to skin one, which always squicked me out. :scream: