Tonya Harding on Inside Edition!!

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by LEO59, May 11, 2012.

1. LEO59

LEO59 New Member

Tonya Has done a interview on Inside Edition about being a first time mother!!!

Part One aired today May 10 2012...And Part Two will air May 11 2012...

She looks fantastic and she talked about ( with tears in her eyes) how much her son has changed her life..

And they show her husband Joe for the first time...And will show her son Gordon in Part Two...

I don't know if the interview is online yet.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. LEO59

LEO59 New Member

Update: There is a part three to the Interview that airs Monday May 14 2012 with Tonya's Husband Joe Price...

3. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

Can you tell us more about the interview?

4. LEO59

LEO59 New Member

5. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Is Inside Edition correct about Harding being the only American woman to have done a 3axel. I thought Kimmie Meissner landed one.

I'm pleased for Tanya to have a settled life and a baby.

6. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

Maybe they meant in international competition? Meissner landed hers I thought at US Nats.

7. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Her baby is 15 months old already?! :eek: Geez, it seems like it was just a month ago that I read the thread about her having a baby! I can't believe its been 15 months already.

8. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

Interviewer: "When you first learned you were pregnant what was your first reaction?"

Tonya Harding: "Oh my god, my boobs hurt!"

:rofl::lol::scream:

9. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

Thanks for the clip, I'll have to check it out soon.
    I will post this here since it's not about on ice performances. On Antique Roadshow, a man brought in a beautiful Sonja Henie costume. I think it was from her Hula program and he had the picture of her wearing it to go along with it. The expert said the picture adds value. They discussed Henie's career and that the gentleman (collector who was inspired by Henie when he was a little boy) got the costume from a big collector when he passed away. I don't recall the $ value, but I think it was about $1500 (maybe higher). The Roadshow had stopped in the state of Minnesota and it's on Public Broadcasting if anyone wants to look it up somehow.

Also, Katherine Hepburn had a documentary on one of the old movie channels (Turner Classics possibly) where she talked about how athletic she is, and showed her doing many sports. I think they showed her figure skating outside back in the day, doing a back spiral with a catch foot variation. Maybe I should post this part in V/M thread. A very young photo of her did have a bit of similar look to Tessa from the angle it was shown.

10. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

I saw the Katherine Hepburn documentary too. That wasn't a bad spiral.

11. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

That was Roy Blakey. He has an amazing archive of skating stuff.

I'm interviewing him soon for the podcast.

12. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Before or after Dick Button ;) ?

13. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

If Tonya's family life is so great, why was last night's interview staged at some posh resort rather than at her home? Too hard to hide the meth lab?

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  14. LEO59

LEO59 New Member

From what I saw ( And I might be Mistaking )THAT was Tonya's home...

15. heckles

That place with the big pillars, balconies and acres of land? That looked like something from Masterpiece Theatre, not somewhere Tonya would reside.

16. DORISPULASKI

Perhaps her husband is doing well?

17. heckles

Is there that much money in air conditioning repair? After they had to move in with his sister last year?

18. LEO59

LEO59 New Member

Well Tonya is on a hit tv show on TruTV...

I just saw a preview of the upcoming Summer season and she's still on it..

19. DORISPULASKI

Well, good for her!

And as Comcast carries TruTV these days, it's less of niche station.

20. heckles

I hope she's doing well, especially since there's now a kid in the mix. I'm just curious if she's making enough to afford that place that was in the interview this week. Looked like it may have been a resort.

Since the interview was supposed to be about her family life, I wanted to see that. I wanted to see her feeding her family Velveeta and Ritz crackers for dinner, her Richard Petty DVD collection, and her liquor cabinet full of Mad Dog. This interview was too sanitized.

21. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I was looking at the Ice Capades section; I actually have two of the program books pictured: the one with the skaters in blue outfits (that was a Gershwin tribute from the 1980-1981 tour), and the red one with the woman holding the boa (1989-1990 IIRC - the Kitty and Peter Carruthers were the head-liners that year). My parents also had one from the 1976 tour ( the cover pic was from a Bicentennial number).

22. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Stop it!:rofl:

23. ewdot2480

ewdot2480 New Member

I have neighbors a block away who are into air conditioning and heating -- and they are mega rich. It's a lucrative business.

24. DORISPULASKI

For that matter, AFAIR, don't Charlie White's parents own and manage a heating oil company in Detroit?

Heating and cooling is generally a good business to be in in the US.

25. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

my AC guy does pretty well, but considering they were homeless last yr and she already had that tv gig at the time, i'm guessing they are in a different boat

26. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

It is possible that Tonya could be a good mom, you know. She's been through a lot, and put a lot behind her. And it's fairly common for mothers to turn a new leaf/get a new lease on life. I have friend who suffered from a drug addiction for many years and the unexpected birth of a daughter when she was 48 caused her to totally clean up and turn her life around. She wouldn't do anything to compromise the well-being of her child.

And Tonya will have learned the basics of good nutrition as a figure skater and boxer. I think she's fully capable of ensuring that her son has a healthy diet.

IMO it's time to put the Tonya bashing to rest and wish her well.

Gypsy and (deleted member) like this.
  27. heckles

Unexpected birth at 48? Talk about a miracle from Pfizer.

Harding's boxing career was as lackluster as her taste in men, so I don't see her five minutes in that sport as evidence that she knows about pediatric nutrition.

28. Japanfan

She was struck dumb when she found out and considered aborting, but then changed her mind when she realized it was her last chance (she has no other children), in more ways than one.

Basic nutrition isn't rocket science. Even lackluster athletes learn the basics. And pediatricians can give moms advice as well, if fact I'm sure there is an abundance of information on it.

Assuming that Tonya is too stupid or ignorant to know anything about nutrition is pretty harsh and reinforces the white trash stereotype that she is associated with. When in fact no one knows what she eats herself or feeds her son.

29. heckles

I doubt that someone who hunts squirrels does so for their nutritional content.

30. Japanfan

Why else would someone hunt squirrels? For the value of their fur?

For fun? They are more fun than hunting deer or quail?

If for fun, can you assume that people who hunt have poor eating habits?