Tony Parker is divorcing Eva Longoria

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DickButtonFan, Nov 16, 2010.

1. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

2. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Her rep denied and TMZ retracted their story ... for now.
  3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

4. Civic

Civic New Member

That didn't last very long. Have they even been married 5 years?
  5. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

:lol:

So I guess it's true that she's turned into a self centered materialistic diva (if she wasn't one already)?

I wonder how soon it will be before the story gets confirmed (if it does). I admit I wasn't expecting this couple to become the next in line for divorce court. Not even with the cheating rumors from a few years ago.
  6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

This one could have been someone jumping the gun. Apparently two clerks at the court called TMZ to let them know but now someone higher up is saying no such paperwork ever crossed their desk. Could be a big cover up, of course, but TMZ rarely retracts a story unless they have to. I wouldn't be surprised if they divorce at some point (where there is smoke there is fire) but this could just as easily be someone trying to attention.
  7. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

He wanted children allegedly, and she continued to put it off for various reasons, some :sekret: sez. And she does lurve that red carpet, eys?
  8. Jem X

Jem X Awaiting Skate America

I actually think that Eva is one of the more generous celebrities around. She's always doing charity events.

http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/64-eva-longoria
  9. Cupid

Cupid New Member

Didn't Tony just sign some multi-million dollar contract? Maybe he did, odd timing.
  10. Carmen Ovsiannikov

That's what I thought. I also thought that she was one of the more down to earth and fun celebrities so I was surprised and disappointed to read that she had begun to believe her own press clippings so to speak. And the people who made the comments seemed legit as if they had :sekret: rather being just non fans trying to put her down because they didn't care for her.
  11. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow New Member

Cool, now she can marry me :)
  12. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Well, well well. It turns out EVA is the one filing for divorce. Apparently Tony has been having a little somethin something on the side. Now, who feels a little shame for thinking he was leaving her because of her divatude? lol
  13. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

An athlete who ends up being unfaithful... I'm shocked, shocked! :rolleyes:
  14. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Eva, would you like to marry me ? :swoon:

In fact, I don't care, but they looked so happy on TV few weeks ago...good actors !
  15. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

So I can still ask if he has lost his mind? :lol:
  16. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I think he has as the other girl is rumored to be a teammate's wife.

That happened once with the NO Saints, one wife being with not only her husband but one of his teammates and it ruined the team as the locker room fell apart.
  17. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

well he is French, I am not surprised. That's the impression I have of French and Italian men. Always having sex with someone.. :lol:

Didn't Eva have an affair with a gardener a couple years ago?
  18. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

:confused: You mean IRL, not her character on Desperate Housewives?

BTW, I wish someone would change the title of this thread to reflect that it is Eva who is dumping Tony and not vice versa. I know it's just a minor point, but still ...
  19. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Is it too snarky to say people are crazy for getting in relationships with professional athletes? lol
  20. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

No, but I'm sure the money is nice...
  21. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

Yes, that's my impression as well. I have also heard that men of other nationalities have been known to cheat too. I have heard, Americans, British, Russian, Canadian, Latino, Bulgarian ... wait, maybe it would be easier to list the nationalities of men that DON'T cheat.
    :confused:
    I'll get back to you on that, as soon as I think of any. :D
    cholla and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Lots of men cheat, unfortunately. :( And women too.
  23. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Maybe originally it was him filing, but then for whatever reason, they wanted it known that she was filing. Sometimes, image is everything.
  24. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

Well, I was married to a professional athlete, and if he hadn't died chances are we would still be married. Why would pro athletes be more prone to infidelity than other men ? :confused:
  25. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Pro athletes tend to cheat more because it's easier, women are around them more often. Same goes for musicians etc.

But really, many men cheat; there have been lots of studies on it, but yeah many women cheat as well. I say just date then, don't marry if you know you can't stop yourself instead of hurting others.
  26. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

She decided that he was, in fact, too tall for her.
  27. bek

bek Guest

Professional athletes have women hitting on them all the time. Because they have money (and in most cases good bodies too) Of course not all professional athletes cheat, but I'd imagine being away from home etc and with all of the opportunities that it can be difficult even for the good ones.
  28. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, her castmate's character is going through a similar divorce on DH this season.
  29. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

Oh thank you Bek, I would never have figured that out on my own :lol:. Just for the record, they usually have good bodies first, and good money only later, not the other way around ;) Musicians, doctors, actors, politicians, public figures, + all rich and/or good looking men have women hitting on them all the time. It's exactly the same for women in the same position by the way. Fame and power are real aphrodisiacs, we all know that. It doesn't mean you have to be crazy to get into a relationship with a pro athlete or any public figure. You just have to be prepared to fight (mostly against your own fears and against people trying to drag you down) and to learn how to trust. Also, as a sports psychologist, I've known men who were very uncomfortable with the attention they got and all these women swarming around them. They didn't recognize themselves in the image of the man who'll cheat every time he can because he feels lonely away from home or because he can't resist women jumping on him. They even resented women deeply for such a generalization. How can you have a normal relationship if all the woman you've just met can think is how many times you're going to cheat on her ? It's over before it began. Cut the men in general some slack. Most of them are actually able to use their brain. I mean the one inside their skull, not the other one :shuffle:.
  30. bek

bek Guest

When I was saying all that, I wasn't saying that a woman would be crazy to get involved with a professional athlete. Because there are professional athletes who are really good guys, who would never cheat on their wives. In contrast, there are ministers who cheat.

Women and men both need to just know the characters of the people they are getting involved with, no matter what their careers are.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
  31. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:sekret: sez that she was no saint in this marriage either.
  32. bek

bek Guest

oooohh! If thats the case than I actually feel bad for Parker, if she's playing victim.
  33. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

or ACTRESSES? :lol:

I'm told she lurves :drama:. It's funny, the first news reports said HE was filing for divorce from HER. Then a denial. NOW, SHE is filing for divorce from HIM? :confused:
  34. skatingfan5

Well, I thought that possibly the reason for the retraction of the initial reports was because they were wrong about who was the party filing for divorce, not that the divorce was happening. Unless you think she has enough muscle power to strong arm poor little Tony into retracting his own filing and letting her be the dumper rather than the dumpee. I suppose anything is possible, but seems a bit grassy knoll to me.
  35. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

It could be a million reasons. How could she strong-arm him? She knows something about him he doesn't want exposed to the public? Like that?
  36. skatingfan5

Occam's razor -- the initial reports said Tony was filing for divorce, but the reality was Eva was the one who filed the papers.
  37. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

In the end, another marriage kaput. :fragile:
  38. deltask8er

deltask8er New Member

39. Carmen Ovsiannikov

My understanding is that Tony actually did file for divorce but in Texas. Some people are speculating that Eva didn't like Tony getting the jump on her so she had her PR person release the statement denying the divorce so that she could be the one to file.

What a mess.
  40. deltask8er

deltask8er New Member