Tomas Verner is awesome

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

My dislike isn't fully irrational. ;)

One reason: His costumes are always FUG.

The day I see him in a costume which isn't vomit inducing, I might reconsider. ;)

2. mia joy

mia joy New Member

OMG, you are so twisted... :p his costumes are often totally awesome! Loved the costumes from his 2006/2007 LP, 07/08 LP (in both cases, looooved the gloves), 09/10 LP and this season's SP. I mean, yeah, sometimes the costumes ARE pretty bad, but hey, show me a skater who ALWAYS dresses nicely.

3. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Please. He is a very attractive young man and I love most of his costumes. I thought both his costumes at CoC were very flattering and tasteful.

4. pinky166

5. and Russian :D :shuffle:

6. siberia82

siberia82 New Member

Jeffrey Buttle! :encore: At the very least, I don't recall him ever wearing an outfit that I thought was absolutely fugly.

I generally like Tomas' costumes, and even when he's wearing a hideous one, I forgive him because he's such a cute guy. :swoon:

Btw, does he allow his fans to friend him on Facebook?

7. pinky166

Wow. Overachiever :p

8. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I did look out fo him at COC beacause of Pinky's enthusiasm for him. Loved his Gene Kelly. I haven't seen the MJ yet, but Universal Sports is still running COC this week.

9. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

ITA, in every aspect of his skating !

10. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Quiero más Tomás! :cool:
    Dame más Tomás! :encore:
    Me gusta Tomás! :swoon:
    Saludos Tomas Verner! :cheer2:

11. ninadel

ninadel New Member

12. Fallcolor

Fallcolor New Member

I LOVE Tomas. Quality skating, versatile, great presentation, elegant, and very suave :swoon: Please win a world medal this year.

13. ninadel

ninadel New Member

They can certainly be hit or miss. Maybe he can get his girlfriend to start designing his costumes? She seems to have good style.

14. pinky166

Who's his girlfriend?

15. Eris

Eris New Member

Nathalie Pechalat :)

16. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

That's one :swoon: pair. :)

17. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

18. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I had no idea they were dating! What a charming couple indeed!

19. pinky166

Really? I knew it said that on his facebook but I thought it was a joke. I think he used to date a girl back in the Czech Republic but that must have ended awhile ago.

20. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

21. mia joy

mia joy New Member

22. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Aww, I love Tomas too. Wishing him well this season.
    Seriously, a skater that talented (and cute!) should have at least one World medal to show for it! :)

23. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Tomas was a guest in the CBC studio this afternoon during the Skate America coverage. He talked about the changes in his training, etc. for this season. He gave quite a bit of credit to Lori Nichol (doing commentary duty today instead of Tracy Wilson).

24. siberia82

siberia82 New Member

I totally squealed like a fangirl in front of my television when I saw Tomas on CBC!!! :cheer: I didn't know that he'd make an appearance, so it was a wonderful surprise! :biggrinbo

Thanks for the link! :)

I was just curious in my previous post if any fan has tried to friend Tomas on Facebook. I haven't made an attempt since I fear that I might appear somewhat stalker-ish. :shuffle:

25. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Yes, Tomas on CBC this afternoon was sweet!! I loved the part about how he's Tigger when he's on and Eeyore when he's off, and he has keychains to represent both states.. so cute!! And Lori (Nichol) calls him Tommy!! bahaha

26. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Tomas is very :cool:

I can see Tomas skating to music (or perhaps a medley of music) from Steve McQueen movies, such as Bullitt and The Thomas Crown Affair. Maybe a Risky Business exhibition too, with that famous Tom Cruise slide, only done on skates ... would be fun to see.

Also, perhaps Tomas could work his own magic portraying Paul Newman's Cool Hand Luke and Hud characters. :)

27. ninadel

ninadel New Member

I did a couple years ago (and got approved) and I think he has a lot of fan-friends on facebook. Just say in your request that you're a fan but that you'd understand if he'd rather keep it to people he knows personally.

28. Most people actually call him Tommy... :)

29. ninadel

ninadel New Member

Has anyone noticed that when Kurt Browning tries to pronounce his Czech name he always butchers it? It's seriously not that difficult.