Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by KikiSashaFan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

That it lasted this long? Yes...

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

4. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I'm actually really surprised. Katie Holmes's career the past 6+ years has been "Mrs Tom Cruise" and "Mom of MegaKidStar Suri" - and it seemed that way by her choice.

5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And just last week Tom was in PEOPLE magazine talking about how happy they were! This is becoming an extremely reliable indicator of which couples are about to split up.

But the rumours about what was in the pre-nup are true, maybe she has reached the end of her contract and didn't want to re-sign :shuffle:

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  6. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

This.

7. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Like Nicole Kidman. Like Mimi Rogers

8. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Wow. If those two crazy kids can't make i.... nah, even I can't make myself buy that. I was wondering if her "contract" was up too.

9. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

A question. How many weeks until this thread drops to page three and I can sort through it and make a poll out of the meanest comments left about the collapse of a family's happiness?

10. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Maybe Katie's pissed she didn't get an Oscar nomination yet as part of the marriage agreement. :lol:

11. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Her five year contract was up.

12. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

They never really struck me as happy, PeterG... From my completely outside perspective of course.

13. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Nothing good comes out of Glen Ridge, NJ. :sekret:

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

I always thought Katie married Tom because it was good for his image and she would get lots of publicity towards her career. I never though they were happy in the sense true married people are happy - it was all fake and as many have pointed out the contract has expired!!

15. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

How's this....I am normally supremely indifferent to other people's marriages/divorces, and as I am even less interested in either Cruise or Holmes, :yawn:.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  16. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Squared.

17. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

The real question is...how soon will they have him linked up with some other celebrity actress?

18. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

depends on if the casting agent is planning a vacation this summer

19. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

It was pretty much a foregone conclusion once they hit five years that they were going to split up since her five year contract expired. It's not being happy for the disintegration of a loving couple. This played out exactly as just about everyone expected. Just about every blind item came to pass, so it was obvious that someone inside that camp (perhaps Katie herself?) was getting the word out. When I read that quote from Tom last week about being so happy with Katie, I knew it was a matter of time, because he said the exact same thing a week before he filed for divorce from Mimi Rogers. What a phony. I just hope Katie gets custody of Suri, which might not be in her contract.

20. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

You know, I think that's how marriage should be. Essentially, it's a contract anyway. Part of that contract should state how long the party will be married for (1 year, 3 years, 5 years) and at the end of that contract, there should be an option to renew that's only honored if both parties agree. If both want to stay married, you sign a contract extension; if they don't or one person doesn't, then the contract is dissolved according to whatever provisions were set forth and that's the end of it.

I think that would seriously cut down on the divorce rate. People would know that they are locked into that contract for however long they signed it for and that if they try to opt out or violate it, there are very steep penalties. Maybe people would think a bit more before swearing fidelity and loyalty to someone for their entire life and then deciding they want out after a few months or years.

The social construct of marriage is antiquated IMO. There's no sanctity to it anymore. People marry and divorce as frequently as they change their mind. Don't get me wrong; I know there are people who marry and stay happily married for their entire lives. It's a rare and beautiful thing...but you hear waaaay more about unhappy, miserable marriages and divorce than you hear about happy, fulfilling and blissful marriages.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

I always felt that we saw pictures of her or of Suri, or of her and Suri, but Tom was rarely around or she was rarely around him. I wonder how much Scientology interferes in their lives, and if she will keep that religion. Also wonder how quickly she will find a bf or new husband and/or have a child.

22. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems like her contract is up. Oh well she got some publicity and $$$ for her hard work. I hope she doesn't leave her kid to Scientology though... :shuffle:

23. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

This should be a VBET!!!!!

I'm picking Blake Lively as the new contract negotiator.

24. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I didn't realize there was an actual contract :eek:

25. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I'll bet she'll be a cute young thing. ;)

Me neither.

26. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Somewhere, Pacey is very happy today.:D

27. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

There was probably a "payout" scheduled if the marriage continued.
    Nicole Kidman had such an "arrangement" which is why their marriage ended when it did.

28. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Awww, you little girls are so cute. Here's a nickel, now you run along down to the candy store and buy yourselves a Photoplay and a couple of egg creams and don't forget to be back home before Ed Sullivan comes on.

:saint:

29. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Do you give medical advice, too? :lol:

Exactly how many dinner parties of theirs did you attend? ;)

Of course you are! Which explains why you opened this thread and read through it. And then decided to write out a post about how much this topic is of no interest to you whatsoever! :p

danafan and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Pacey was too good for Joey IMO :lol: