Today I am having to log in with name & password every time

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by Vash01, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I am not sure if it's changes in fsu or in my computer, but today I am having to log in each time with my user name and password, even though I am checking the 'remember me' box.

Same thing is going on with my hotmail, so I suspect it's something with our computer system at work, and not fsu related, but I would like to get a confirmation that it's not fsu. (they just like to make it difficult for us at work)

2. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Check your internet settings to see if history/cookies are cleared upon exit. I actually have mine set that way here on purpose. :p

3. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Earlier when I had contacted the help desk at work about a different problem, he cleared the history. That may have caused this. I am not sure how to set it the way it was before.

4. purple skates

depends on your browser. That said, at work, it's probably better they know not where you go (assuming they don't use tracking software). I'd continue to log in each time - worth the hassle.

5. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

When you log in, do you check the Remember Me box?

6. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

That's definitely something I do. I've experienced in the past that it will keep you logged in. So, I made it a habit. Sometimes when I haven't checked it, I would get logged out when entering different threads. I also have it checked in internet options to clear all cache and cookies when exiting out of IE. To me, it's safer that way and it doesn't take but a second or two to log in each time I come to FSU.

7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

What kind of job do you have? I need to apply for one of those so I can surf FSU all day and get paid for it. :p :D

8. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

erm... ;)

sk8er1964, I'm curious: why do you have it set to clear history and cookies upon exiting FSU specifically?

9. purple skates

Not FSU specifically - every time I close my browser. I do a lot of financial stuff (work related) on line and I don't want any electronic trail out there. Clearing history and cookies takes care of that - and also the visits to FSU since we don't use tracking software. :shuffle:

10. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

:eek: