Time on posts

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by maureenfarone, Oct 27, 2013.

1. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

I've noticed from time to time that the time shown on a post might be off by a minute or two. Just now I realize that the time is way off, I think. Some posts in the Skate Canada thread are showing 10:50 p.m. at 10:09 p.m.

Maybe this is explained by something, but I can't figure it out :rofl: Just thought you should know!

Well, maybe it has something to do with a time change someplace. I'm in the U. S. on Eastern time and now my time is 1 hour earlier than what is showing on this post.

2. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I noticed that, too. I think the forum software is programmed to end DST this weekend (i.e. fall back). We used to end the last Sat in Oct, so that's probably how it's set.

ETA: Ooops, you can tell I'm tired. The clock has actually 'sprung forward' - oh well, I can take a second spring, lol.

Maybe we're on Atlantic time in honor of SC? ;)

3. maureenfarone

You might be correct about being on Atlantic time, but honestly I don't think I want to relive SC :scream:

4. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Just testing :) The clocks went back an hour in rude Europe last night - Is it not til next weekend for you guys over the Atlantic?

ETA - My time is totally correct.

5. maureenfarone

Yes Sharpie time change back to Eastern Standard is next Sunday morning at 2:00 a.m. on November 3. I even checked on the internet because everything seems to be confusing me today :lol:

Daylight Saving Time 2013 ends for the year so the clock change for the fall takes place Sunday morning at 2 a.m. on Nov. 3.

6. maureenfarone

Duplicate