Tiger Woods has back surgery- will miss Masters (and more)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Vash01, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Tiger seems to have injuries after injuries. He was having back spasms and had to withdraw from a couple of tournaments. Finally he decided to have back surgery, based on his doctor's advice. I am disappointed that he will not be at the Masters.

http://espn.go.com/golf/masters14/story/_/id/10709313/tiger-woods-back-surgery-pulls-masters

At age 38, it's hard to tell if Tiger will ever win another major. He has to go through rehab, reconditioning, and he is probably going to miss most of this year. I don't see how he can be in game shape. The possibility of tying Nickaus is looking less and less. The last time he won a major was in 2008! I always found him to be an exciting golfer. There was an aura about him, until the last 3-4 years. I really hope he can make a comeback next year.

2. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I guess nobody is missing Tiger except me. :)

3. marcustire

marcustire New Member

I do worry about him at this point. He has alot of serious injuries, and he isnt a spring chicken anymore. It is possible he will never be the same. In either case beating Nicklaus's major record is looking less likely all the time, and if he doesnt he wil never the best ever. Nicklaus won more majors competing vs way tougher competition than Tiger had.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. marcustire

marcustire New Member

By the way I was hoping Tiger would become the best ever, but that is less likely now. Doesnt he turn 40 this year too.

5. Jem X

Jem X Merry Christmas!

Unfortunately the older you get, the longer it takes to recover from injury. Back surgery seems like a last resort option. Obviously medications, time and therapy were not helping Tiger recover to the point Tiger wanted to be at. Good luck to him, however I don't really expect him to perform well in all 4 days of any golfing event. Maybe a good day or two, but not four good days. I don't believe he can physically hold up 4 days in a row.

6. Rottie

Rottie Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods is the only golfer I've ever found exciting to watch. He brought a level of athleticism and intensity to the game that got through to me.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

Not a real golf fan but I am sure if I was I would be missing Tiger now in a big way. He is one of a kind, and has brought and done so much to the sport love him or hate him. Golf will forever be indebted to him.

8. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

Kind of a safe list in terms of who the best bets are to win this weekend

1) Adam Scott (defending champ) and Rory Mcilroy
    3) Phil Mickelson (3 time champ)
    4) Jason Day (2nd 2011, 3rd 2013)
    5) Matt Kuchar (3rd 2012)

9. fracturedleg

fracturedleg Member

Well none of those won. There is no such thing as a safe list in golf other than prime years Tiger Woods, which is long in the past now.