tiffany stiegler

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by zilam98, Dec 12, 2010.

1. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

has she retired from amateur skating?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Yes, her last competition with Sergey Magerovskiy was 2006 US Nationals (6th in Senior Dance). According to the FSU Archives, it was posted here back in early 2007 that she may have taken up competitive ballroom dancing but I never heard anything more about that.

ETA: This was the first time I saw the Stieglers compete on national TV and it was a memorable performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zAtwr1WoSQ

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  3. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

oh i see, thanks. too bad, i really loved her skating. but if she does well with ballroom dancing, i'd love to see her performances.

4. reese

reese Well-Known Member

It's so funny that you mentioned this because I was just wondering about her the other day. One of the great talents ever to come through US skating, yet she wasted so many years with her brother of such inferior talent.

Why didn't she and her purchased Russian partner continue after '06? She was still young and developing as an ice dancer.

5. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

im wondering about that too.

6. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

The first year they competed together they came in 4th at nationals. They then moved from Detroit to train in Connecticut with Morozov. The next year they came in 7th at nationals and received no international assignments. Her partner was discouraged and quit. He moved back to Detroit where his wife was living and coaching.

I too had high hopes for them. :)

7. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

thanks for that info!

8. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Your welcome! They were interviewed by International Figure Skating about their split. She wanted to continue, but he felt he had done his best and the judges did not reward their efforts. He was also unhappy about living apart from his wife. They both said they were happy with their partnership.

I guess it isn't easy for the women to find partners.

9. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

i can only imagine so, since men usually dont take up this sport. i wish she could've paired up with fedor andreev when he was available. they would've been a gorgeous team.