Tickets for Trophée Eric Bompard 2010

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Nune, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Nune

Nune Member

Hi everybody,

somebody knows, how and when to get tickets for this event ??

Thanks a lot for your help :summer:

2. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

They are not on sale yet, you can check at the venue, www.bercy.fr, or buy at FNAC (www.fnac.com). They ship to Germany but it is cheaper to pick up tickets at a FNAC store when in Paris. Online you get pre-selected seats, so if you know exactly where you want to sit you'd better buy over the phone. If it is like last year there is no sitting on the judge's side on the Friday.

3. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

IIRC on friday there aren't numbered seats, you can seat everywhere (except judges' side of course)
    [I'm lookig for a roommate for TEB too btw]

4. ilovenyc

ilovenyc Member

does anyone know if the tickets are up yet? :)

5. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

At www.bercy.fr it says "Billets bientôt disponibles sur bercy.fr", which means tickets are available soon at that site. No idea what they mean by "soon" though, I recommend you check back on that site. If you want to buy tickets online and don't speak French you can buy via www.fnac.com, they have an English language version too.

6. Carina

Carina Member

7. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

Tickets are on sale on Bercy's website. Probably soon on the others.

8. Carina

Carina Member

And on Ticketnet.fr as well.

9. Genia

Genia New Member

Yay all booked up for TEB...

That will be a nice escape from the hospital :)

10. ilovenyc

ilovenyc Member

thanks for the information :) is there an official website already up or where could i see the schedule of the event?

11. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I am jealous... This was so much fun last year and it's Paris....

12. SaSherka

SaSherka New Member

Got this from TravelZoo top 20 deals - NYC-Paris airfare + 4 nights hotel
    http://www.travelzoo.com/vacations/europe/864070

Looks like the package may be used over the TEB weekend. I just tried calling to check the prices, but the CSR didn't have the airfare available at the moment for the Nov 25.

13. Carolla5501

I am so tempted..

Can get the flights free using my FF miles (just checked, low milage coach award open) and I can probably get a free hotel.

Wonder if my best friend would forgive me for skipping Thanksgiving this year?

14. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  15. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

Anybody else order tickets from through ticketnet? I just got an email-

Dear Madam, dear Sir, You have booked tickets on our website and we thank you very much. To send you your tickets since we have many frauds, and we are in the obligation for the first booking to ask you the following elements in order to send you your tickets : - a photocopy of your identity card or passport.- a photocopy of your credit card (we need to see the first four digits the last two ones and you name .You must cover the other numbers ).- This process is a formality to avoid to customers to be a victim of deceitful debits on their bank account on important amounts We're aware that this request is a little bit constraining but it won't be asked to you for the next orders.

I didn't have to do that last year so I'm a bit reluctant.

ETA: I used a different email address last year.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

When I bought tickets in 2005, the process was the same. I was careful to cut out all but the digits they require and the expiration date and my passport number before I faxed the information. (I don't remember if they accept Amex, but if they do, remember to black out/cut out the four-digit security code [CID] on the front of the card as well. The three-digit security code is on the back of Visa and MC, so no worries there.) The order went smoothly after that.

17. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

I can't really help you but more and more in France, there is an additionnal screen after you gave your credit card informations. It's a demand of identification and validation to your bank. You type your birth date and validate and then the transaction is accepted.
    I suppose that may not work for every bank. So they may ask foreigners some additional information linking the buyer to the credit card.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  18. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

Thanks. Never been asked for anything like that before so I was suspicious incase it was a scam.

19. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I was worried at first that it might be a scam, too.

20. Hiro32

Hiro32 Member

I just received my ticket by mail here in California.
    I didn't get the email from Ticketnet...

21. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

Perhaps because you bank and/or your card have the 3-D Secure option.
    Apparently, it has been developped by Visa and used by Mastercard too.

22. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

I ordered some of my Worlds tickets through Ticketnet last year and was surprised to be asked for my passport or ID card nr. Just like you I was a bit reluctant, so I phoned them to have details. They told me it was now standard procedure, especially if you want to get your pre-paid tickets at the cash desk on location. I had mine mailed at my address in France, (I ordered via ticketnet.it) and I got them in an absolute record of 3 days. And by registered mail, and was never charged an extra cent. I think they have tremendously improved their service in the last few years because I remember a time when I was charged twice for some gig tickets and it took them 3 months (and 1 ton of phone calls + faxes + mails) to refund me.

23. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm much happier about it now I know others have been asked for the same things. Better to be safe than sorry!

24. xDaydreamer

xDaydreamer New Member

Hello there!

This might be a weird/stupid question, but I want to order tickets for this competition, and when I looked on www.ticketnet.fr, I see that I can order saturday tickets at 13.30 and 18.30, does this means that I only can see the mens long program and the ladies long program? Or are these tickets for all groups that day?
    Like a ticket to see the morning competitions and a ticket to see the evening competitions.

Thanks in advance!
    xx
    Kimberley

25. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

The 13:30 ticket will let you see the Mens LP and Pairs LP. The 18:30 ticket is for the Ladies LP and Free Dance.

There are no competitions in the morning.

26. Carolla5501

Last year the finals were in two sessions. So the 13:30 got you Women's and Pairs and the 18:30 got you men's and dance (not sure it's the same groups this year, but should be the same method) In other words if you want to see everything you have to buy both ticktets.

27. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

And just in case this crafty American can fix her business trip to be passing thru Paris that weekend...how much do the tickets cost?

sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  28. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

All day friday cost 11.50 euros which according to google is about $14. Then Sat can be anything between 122 euros ($155) and 33 euros ($42) depending on how good seats you want. the cheaps ones are obviously at the ceiling! Then the gala is between 85 ($108) and 21.50 euros ($27).

http://www.bercy.fr/billetterie/ticketnet/1190/TROPHEE_ERIC_BOMPARD

29. xDaydreamer

xDaydreamer New Member

Thanks to you all for the information!
    I ordered both tickets this evening, but now I have another thing which confuses me, I hope you guys have the answers to it ^^

With ordering the tickets, I have never filled in my creditcard details, but it says that the tickets will be send in 5 days.
    Also this appeared on my screen;

Thanks for agreeing to regulate us by credit transfer under 5 days. With beyond your order will be cancelled and the reserves tickets will be given on sale.
    You can print the transfer order to be completed below

Does anyone knows what this means, and can you give me some more information?

Thanks!

30. spacekey

spacekey New Member

i really wish i can go.