Tickets for NHK 2010

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by newfsfan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. newfsfan

newfsfan New Member

Any information of how and when to get tickets for this event ??

Thanks for the help

2. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Good luck! Last year when I went to NHK, we only got tickets because my friend with whom I went had contacts in Japan who bought them for us. Otherwise, we never would have been able to attend.

I believe that we may have been the only non-Asian fans there. In fact, on the Monday after competition, we were eating breakfast at the McDonalds in Nagano and sitting next to us was a very handsome, distinguished Caucasian gentleman. All of a sudden, he asked us, "Were you here for NHK?" When we said yes, he asked us if we had a skater and when we indicated no, he was shocked that we were fans who had come all the way over to attend. He turned out to be Paul Poirer's father! :)

3. justAfsfan

justAfsfan New Member

I'm interesting to buy the tickets too. Is it possible to buy the ticket if I'm not Japanese?

4. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

Will it be broadcast on any of the satellite channels?

5. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

You don't have to be Japanese, I believe that it's just extraordinarily difficult if you are not in Japan and/or don't read Japanese.

6. midori

midori Well-Known Member

If you are in Japan, public sale starts at 10:00am on Aug 21st, and pre-sales (by lottery) start from this weekend.

Otherwise, there is a phone number for general inquiry in English on the JSF announcement for NHK Trophy : 03-5405-8686 (From abroad: +81 3 5405 8686)
    It also lists another number for ticket inquiry: 0570-06-9999, but I am not sure this number can be reached from abroad.

7. newfsfan

newfsfan New Member

If I can find someone in Japan to get ticket for me, how does it work? by phone? by internet? or someone has to go to ticket office to get it?
    Thanks in advance

8. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Presales are usually on Internet. Sometimes other options are available.

Public sales are similar to the above plus by phone. Sometimes you can buy a ticket at one of the ticket vendor offices by standing in line for a long time, but I do not know if they give this option for this event.

9. Lis

Lis Active Member

Nop I was there too and I am non Asian.:D