Three major cast members to leave "Glee"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by all_empty, Jul 14, 2011.

1. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I love Glee, and frankly, I'm not sure I'll watch without Michele or Colfer. They are two of the biggest vocal talents. None of the rest of the cast can hold a candle to Michele live.

I also think it's classless if Murphy did not tell Monteith before telling the media as some articles are reporting.

3. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Why aren't the others leaving? Surely, Quinn and Puck are going to be seniors too. Although, someone like Puck (and Brittany) having to repeat a year are consistent with their characters.

I'm not tied to any one character, so I'm okay with it.

ETA: I wouldn't be surprised to see a spinoff involving Kurt and Rachael's adventures in New York. A musical "Felicity", or something like that.

4. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I had thought that Kurt was supposed to be a year younger than most of the other characters, wasn't he? And Rachel is only 16 (it was said during the plastic surgery episode), so unless she skipped a grade, she should only be entering her junior year, right? I dunno. But with Cory ending at the same time as Lea, you have to assume they're going to end season 3 with Rachel and Finn together.

5. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Totally 100% agreed.

Isn't the :sekret: that Murphy is pretty much a smarmy little bitch?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  6. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

I'm thinking that, yes (agree w/manhn), there is a spin-off coming ... Rachel and Kurt in NYC pursuing parts, and Finn there at school.

I'd watch that, and Murphy is smart enough to know that 1) it's good to get people's panties in a twist in mid-summer, better to up their interest for the upcoming season; and 2) now is the time to scheme up the "next" contender since Glee has, at most, three more seasons.

Er, does Murphy really believe that Morrison is the true draw for this show? :shuffle: (Lynch, yes, I can see the draw ... great character when the writing is good. But Morrison, eh no.)

7. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Umm.... I started watching because of Matthew Morrison. :shuffle:

8. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I think it's a given, though, that there will be new, replacement characters. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't ... we'll just have to wait and see. That casting call will be epic!

I'm actually glad they're not trying to come up with some contrived way to keep all the characters in town (or in school) forever.

9. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

Oops, didn't see this thread, so I'll just repeat what I said in the Glee thread:

Personally, while I'm happy we won't have to deal with 30 year old high school students, unless the writing improves a lot from where it was last year, I'll most likely be leaving when Lea does. And frankly, if it doesn't improve I'll probably be glad to be free. While there were elements I enjoyed last year (Santana's increased role in particular) I probably would have bailed sometime last season if it weren't for her.

Also, they better not try to keep Rachel around in Ohio after graduation, not after they promised in the finale that she's be heading to New York. Other people can have their Klaines and Brittanas, Rachel/stardom is my Glee ship.

As for a possible New York spin-off, I'm intrigued by the idea but I don't want Finn anywhere near it. It's not that I have anything against Cory Monteith (though I definitely prefer Lea and Chris), it's just that Rachel is 100x more interesting as a character when she's not chained to him, but unfortunately the writers don't seem to realize that. I want crazy Rachel career adventures and her and Kurt as roomies (seriously, how much fun would that be?), not Rachel pines for Finn in New York, which is what I'm convinced would happen if he were to come along.

Seriously? What a dick move if true. Though it really wouldn't surprise me that much, Ryan Murphy seems like an ass anyway.

From the sound of what Murphy originally said, most of them will be leaving. I suspect they just released the news of these three first because they're the three most prominent characters amongst the students and their leaving would get the most attention. Also, I don't know about Puck, but ever since I read that Murphy mentioned that some of the kids might fail I've had a feeling that Brittany will be sticking around.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011